Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samantha Cesario

Samantha Cesario

u r gorgeous. This lady deserved to win jr worlds. I am tired of ur calls being applied to some no others. dont give a hoot. she is far better than the russian infants she beat. This is a truly elegant skater. Her Black Swan rivals Ashey's and is more powerful. She skates with speed in a packed LP. Cesario should get more buzz.

Custom Title

Samantha Cesario

I saw this nice article on Samantha on Ice Network.

Why oh why is she skating to Carmen again??? Isn't there any other music to try??? I want to see something else!

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/09/16/94926942

Custom Title
    She was an amazing Carmen imo, so I can understand her using that program again and I look forward to seeing her perform it again.

On the Ice
    I personally loved her Carmen. It was so fierce and *BAM* right in your face. She wasn't pretending to be something she's not, so that's why I love her program(s).

J'adore her! Best Carmen ever! And she is truly a polished skater with fire and attack! She deserves to be up there with Ashley, Polina and Gracie!

Oh, people I just read the article....sam had mono for two months. I had mono at age 19. My boyfriend did not...no one in my townhouse at college did. I chose to stay in college and go home weekends after a rest so I would not lose credits and parents entire semester money. Yes super scrupulous. So Sam has had injuries and now 2 months off with mono. If she reads these forums I know she has many fans here. Please second and third me if you love her skating and wish her well. I personally would love to see her on the podium at Nationals.

I'm not sureif she has a fan fest thred but hope so. Lots of bad luck has gone with obvious talent. She is a fighter. And I love her Carmen, even the dress is pretty. I find no fault in her presentation. And I enjoy her so much it matters not about a wrong edgeor a ur. She is a complete performer imho.

Get well soon sam. I know lots of members here love your skating so I hope you somehow catch this thread. Here's to your first podium finish at nationals!

I love Sammy, and will be pulling for her this season & beyond. It's been a pleasure watching her skate for the last few summers @ the Liberty Summer Competition. I guess the mono partly explains why she wasn't there this summer.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Glad to see she has that fire in her belly--love her skating. Perhaps the mono had something to do with her sticking with the same program. I had it years ago when it was going around my school, and it really does drag a lot out of you for a long time. Maybe a new program would have just been pushing it too much.

This is only the second season for her FS, which is not uncommon. She skated to Carmen in her SP for three seasons.

I like her Carmen and it sounds like they made some changes, including the new combo, so I'm sure it will still be enjoyable.

Medalist
    I hope she has a good season and is scored appropriately for her performances. I give her credit for coming back after injuries and illness and continuing to improve each time. I loved her Carmen program because she sold it and it stood out from all the other Carmens. I'd love to see her on the us podium and perhaps sneak on to a GP podium

Tripping on the Podium
    She's lovely, and a skater you can imagine doing really well back in the 6.0 days, when presentation counted for so much. I'm not dazzled by her technical difficulty, of course. And the complaining here (she only got one Grand Prix; Sarah Hughes complaining on her behalf about unfair results) is not a good way to go. She needs to hunker up and get her levels up for her to really be in any serious conversation about even the top 3 in the US -- she's nowhere near Gold, Edmunds, Wagner or even Nagasu if they're in top form.

her carmen is amazing

Custom Title
    What can I say? She does have the best Carmen I've ever seen. But can she choose other music similar to Carmen? Hope she won't do it again next year.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by fadeevfan View Post
    She's lovely, and a skater you can imagine doing really well back in the 6.0 days, when presentation counted for so much. I'm not dazzled by her technical difficulty, of course. And the complaining here (she only got one Grand Prix; Sarah Hughes complaining on her behalf about unfair results) is not a good way to go. She needs to hunker up and get her levels up for her to really be in any serious conversation about even the top 3 in the US -- she's nowhere near Gold, Edmunds, Wagner or even Nagasu if they're in top form.
    I agree. Her interviews are always full of complaints whether she is doing it herself or someone else, mother, coach etc., is doing it for her. A change of an attitude could be useful and help her to reach her goals.

I hope this is the last season she is skating to Carmen. If you count in her two Carmen short programs, this is the fourth season she is using the music/theme.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    What can I say? She does have the best Carmen I've ever seen. But can she choose other music similar to Carmen? Hope she won't do it again next year.
    I'm perhaps in the minority of enjoying Carmen programs, although when I saw Samantha chose to skate the same program again I wasn't thrilled. After reading the article and realizing she was sick with mono for two months I understood the choice better. I still do not like when skaters re-use previous programs, especially for the free skate (short program repeats do not bother me as much). As a fellow New Yorker I hoping she has a good season!!

I LOVE Sam and especially her Carmen, I really hope she'll have a great season!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast