Thread: 2013 World Junior Championships Gala

Hybrid View

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    So luck to have so much of the junior exhibition

The British Eurosport guys had some interesting tid bits.

I had no idea Alexandra Aldridge had considered being an ice hockey player!
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 03-04-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Custom Title
    I think it would be suitable to post a warning next to Jason's...I had just taken a drink when the camera showed those glasses.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    EXHIBITION VIDEOS

Anna Pogorilaya
    that was pretty awesome. usually i would question the judgement of a 14 year old skating to moulin rouge in an outfit like that but she nailed it. boo the haterz i'm glad she won bronze, and this program shows that she is powerful and expressive. she should skate to a tango for one of her competitive programs next season, she has the look and spirit to pull it off, the bombastic faust program does not show her off as well.

enjoyed radio's adele as well.

and does farris have some kind of attachment to black t-shirts? i think in every single picture of him i've seen, if he's not in a skating costume, he's wearing a black t-shirt. at the sparkles on this one. bling bling.

jason was hilarious

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    and does farris have some kind of attachment to black t-shirts? i think in every single picture of him i've seen, if he's not in a skating costume, he's wearing a black t-shirt. at the sparkles on this one. bling bling.

jason was hilarious
    You've clearly never been introduced to Jason's blue and grey t-shirts.

I kind of liked the sparkle one though. Just wish Josh would have a program/ex with a little less emo-ing next year...
    Last edited by karne; 03-05-2013 at 12:49 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    You've clearly never been introduced to Jason's blue and grey t-shirts.

I kind of liked the sparkle one though. Just wish Josh would have a program/ex with a little less emo-ing next year...
    I was not talking about Jason. Jason wears a lot of blue. It's Josh, always black, I feel like he only owns black t-shirts. Maybe it's strategic and trying to camoflauge that he's very short-waisted? But for someone so fair skinned it really just washes him out and makes his complexion look ghostly pale at times. He's still adorable but I think he should wear more blue, it would bring our his eyes and not wash him out so much. Jason has brown eyes but blue is also a good color for him, can't quite put my finger on why.

Also the song did not seem emo? Seems more like he must like acoustic guitar music.

Shotaro was just lovely.

And yes Anna needs to skate to intense tango music for her programs! She's like a different skater out there. If she can show that kind of expression in competition, she can do even better in terms of results than she already has done. Plus she has that look about her, very modelesque and intense, makes you want to watch.

Lina Fedorova I think can be the new Gordeeva. She is that good, that attention-grabbing. To me at least.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    thanks really enjoyed these performances

Jason is a real showman !
    also Julia, she really has something special
    even commentators can't take their eye of of her

Pogorilaya looks very different in Galas
    she shows much more expression
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 03-05-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Alexandra Aldridge looks much, much better in black than in her pink FD costume. I really liked their exhibition.

Banned
    who were the commetators on this ???
    they aren't the british for sure

Fedorova/Miroshkin skates with their rivals Volosozhar/Trankov
    they have been skating for what 3 years ?????

the guy has no clue about FS

I know from one of the previous British Eurosport videos that one of the usual commentators (Chris Howarth? I think? ) was sick, so Nicky Slater was commenting by himself. I expect Chris was supposed to do the Gala by himself-hence the need for these guys who probably do football or tennis or something usually.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I know from one of the previous British Eurosport videos that one of the usual commentators (Chris Howarth? I think? ) was sick, so Nicky Slater was commenting by himself. I expect Chris was supposed to do the Gala by himself-hence the need for these guys who probably do football or tennis or something usually.
    thanks, no wonder
    they sound more Australian tbh

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    who were the commetators on this ???
    They were David Clements and Richard Vaughan. They were covering for Chris Howarth who is ill at the moment (get well soon!).

David Clements is the 1959 British Men's singles champion and finished 15th at the 1960 Olympics. He has commentated for British Eurosport before (on the Grand Prix events for the last 2 seasons)

Richard Vaughan normally covers the Curling events
    Last edited by Mao88; 03-05-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I was not talking about Jason. Jason wears a lot of blue. It's Josh, always black, I feel like he only owns black t-shirts. Maybe it's strategic and trying to camoflauge that he's very short-waisted? But for someone so fair skinned it really just washes him out and makes his complexion look ghostly pale at times. He's still adorable but I think he should wear more blue, it would bring our his eyes and not wash him out so much. Jason has brown eyes but blue is also a good color for him, can't quite put my finger on why.

Also the song did not seem emo? Seems more like he must like acoustic guitar music.
    *chuckles* I was joking - Jason seems to always be in grey and blue. I'd prefer to see Josh in another colour other than black too, but he seems rather attached to it. He is very shy so I wonder if it's more that he just always trains in black so he doesn't really think about what looks good. (Or maybe he's still traumatised by the crazy Belarussian teenage girls and doesn't want to look good!)

I feel like Jason could wear most colours and look good in them. He just has one of those complexion/hair colour/eye colour combos, I think.

I always feel like "Ain't No Sunshine" is a very gloomy/emo song, because it's about a guy who's missing his girl really, really badly. But then I listen to the words a lot. At any rate I don't think Josh will ever be a bouncy peppy guy doing "Can't Touch This". It's all about different personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    thanks, no wonder
    they sound more Australian tbh
    That's rood tbh Definitely Poms.