2013 World Junior Championships Gala | Golden Skate

2013 World Junior Championships Gala

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So luck to have so much of the junior exhibition :love:

The British Eurosport guys had some interesting tid bits.

I had no idea Alexandra Aldridge had considered being an ice hockey player!

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think it would be suitable to post a warning next to Jason's...I had just taken a drink when the camera showed those glasses. :laugh:

silverlake22

Record Breaker

:yay: that was pretty awesome. usually i would question the judgement of a 14 year old skating to moulin rouge in an outfit like that but she nailed it. boo the haterz i'm glad she won bronze, and this program shows that she is powerful and expressive. she should skate to a tango for one of her competitive programs next season, she has the look and spirit to pull it off, the bombastic faust program does not show her off as well.

enjoyed radio's adele as well.

and does farris have some kind of attachment to black t-shirts? i think in every single picture of him i've seen, if he's not in a skating costume, he's wearing a black t-shirt. :laugh: at the sparkles on this one. bling bling.

jason was hilarious

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
and does farris have some kind of attachment to black t-shirts? i think in every single picture of him i've seen, if he's not in a skating costume, he's wearing a black t-shirt. :laugh: at the sparkles on this one. bling bling.

jason was hilarious

You've clearly never been introduced to Jason's blue and grey t-shirts. ;)

I kind of liked the sparkle one though. Just wish Josh would have a program/ex with a little less emo-ing next year...

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Alexandra Aldridge looks much, much better in black than in her pink FD costume. I really liked their exhibition.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
who were the commetators on this ???
they aren't the british for sure

Fedorova/Miroshkin skates with their rivals Volosozhar/Trankov :unsure:
they have been skating for what 3 years ????? :mad:

the guy has no clue about FS

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I know from one of the previous British Eurosport videos that one of the usual commentators (Chris Howarth? I think? ) was sick, so Nicky Slater was commenting by himself. I expect Chris was supposed to do the Gala by himself-hence the need for these guys who probably do football or tennis or something usually.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
You've clearly never been introduced to Jason's blue and grey t-shirts. ;)

I kind of liked the sparkle one though. Just wish Josh would have a program/ex with a little less emo-ing next year...

I was not talking about Jason. Jason wears a lot of blue. It's Josh, always black, I feel like he only owns black t-shirts. Maybe it's strategic and trying to camoflauge that he's very short-waisted? But for someone so fair skinned it really just washes him out and makes his complexion look ghostly pale at times. He's still adorable but I think he should wear more blue, it would bring our his eyes and not wash him out so much. Jason has brown eyes but blue is also a good color for him, can't quite put my finger on why.

Also the song did not seem emo? Seems more like he must like acoustic guitar music.

Shotaro was just lovely.

And yes Anna needs to skate to intense tango music for her programs! She's like a different skater out there. If she can show that kind of expression in competition, she can do even better in terms of results than she already has done. Plus she has that look about her, very modelesque and intense, makes you want to watch.

Lina Fedorova I think can be the new Gordeeva. She is that good, that attention-grabbing. To me at least.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I know from one of the previous British Eurosport videos that one of the usual commentators (Chris Howarth? I think? ) was sick, so Nicky Slater was commenting by himself. I expect Chris was supposed to do the Gala by himself-hence the need for these guys who probably do football or tennis or something usually.

thanks, no wonder
they sound more Australian tbh

Mao88

Record Breaker
who were the commetators on this ???

They were David Clements and Richard Vaughan. They were covering for Chris Howarth who is ill at the moment (get well soon!).

David Clements is the 1959 British Men's singles champion and finished 15th at the 1960 Olympics. He has commentated for British Eurosport before (on the Grand Prix events for the last 2 seasons)

Richard Vaughan normally covers the Curling events

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was not talking about Jason. Jason wears a lot of blue. It's Josh, always black, I feel like he only owns black t-shirts. Maybe it's strategic and trying to camoflauge that he's very short-waisted? But for someone so fair skinned it really just washes him out and makes his complexion look ghostly pale at times. He's still adorable but I think he should wear more blue, it would bring our his eyes and not wash him out so much. Jason has brown eyes but blue is also a good color for him, can't quite put my finger on why.

Also the song did not seem emo? Seems more like he must like acoustic guitar music.

*chuckles* I was joking - Jason seems to always be in grey and blue. I'd prefer to see Josh in another colour other than black too, but he seems rather attached to it. He is very shy so I wonder if it's more that he just always trains in black so he doesn't really think about what looks good. (Or maybe he's still traumatised by the crazy Belarussian teenage girls and doesn't want to look good!)

I feel like Jason could wear most colours and look good in them. He just has one of those complexion/hair colour/eye colour combos, I think.

I always feel like "Ain't No Sunshine" is a very gloomy/emo song, because it's about a guy who's missing his girl really, really badly. But then I listen to the words a lot. At any rate I don't think Josh will ever be a bouncy peppy guy doing "Can't Touch This". It's all about different personalities.

thanks, no wonder
they sound more Australian tbh

That's rood tbh ;) Definitely Poms.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Idk maybe Josh really, really misses his other half Angela Wang? I mean who else can he play video games shirtless with? :laugh:
And judging from the interviews and press conferences from Nationals he still seems really shy so idk if he's ever going to outgrow it at this point.
Jason has always seemed very bubbly, outgoing, and chatty. Not shy in the slightest.

It's funny because I feel like most skaters you hear about generally fall into one category or the other - quiet/shy and reserved or not at all. Jason and Joshua may be very different but what about Radionova and Lipnitskaya?? They seem like polar opposites, and yet are friends. It's all very cute.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Idk maybe Josh really, really misses his other half Angela Wang? I mean who else can he play video games shirtless with? :laugh:
And judging from the interviews and press conferences from Nationals he still seems really shy so idk if he's ever going to outgrow it at this point.
Jason has always seemed very bubbly, outgoing, and chatty. Not shy in the slightest.

It's funny because I feel like most skaters you hear about generally fall into one category or the other - quiet/shy and reserved or not at all. Jason and Joshua may be very different but what about Radionova and Lipnitskaya?? They seem like polar opposites, and yet are friends. It's all very cute.

Joshua, Angela, Joe Johnson and Lukas Krugars seem pretty inseperable judging by their interactions on Twitter. Plus, indeed, shirtless video games ahoy. :laugh:

It has always seemed to me that opposite personalities often bounce off each other. I think reading that interview they had with Sarah and Drew was very interesting. On the face of it, Jason did much more talking, but Josh said quite a bit too, but in a much more reserved way. (Of course, that was what we saw in the final article...who knows what ended up on the cutting room floor.)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Hey you know what's funny, I was looking at the ISU pages and the men's and lady's champions this year share the same birthday! Isn't that funny? Josh Farris and Elena Radionova are both born on January 6 (4 years apart). Kinda cool. Capricorns FTW :laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The same youtuber has Kosigina & Miroshkin, Satoko Miyahari, Samantha Cesario, Antonio Panfili, Sforza & Fioretti.