Thread: Should ISU bring back CD/OD?

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Should ISU bring back CD/OD?

ISU replaced CD/OD with Short Dance, but I think there is something about CD/OD that Short Dance can't replace. Because of this, I think ISU should bring CD and OD back. What is your opinion?

Custom Title
    No because the CD's were boring and there were nobody in the audience. It doesn't interest people anymore.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    If you've ever watched the CD's as they are done today in Novice competitions, allowing the couples to use their own music rather than the horrible ISU CD music, they are watchable, and it's certainly easier to compare the skills of the dancers than in any other way. I wish the ISU had made this change before they got rid of the CD's altogether.

I loved the OD's a lot. I miss them. Very few of the SD's have amused me in any way whatever, however this year's polkas are definitely more fun than last year's rhumbas for me.

Custom Title
    yes

Custom Title
    I, too, liked the CD's. They give the opportunity to compare apples to apples, and the costumes (shallow, I know) were terrific. I particularly remember Barbara Fusa-Poli's costume at 2001 Worlds although I was not a fan of that team. It was great to see the difference in the pattern coverage, speed, lines, finesse, etc. I wish the ISU would restore them, but I guess that's quite unlikely :(

Banned
    It was almost impossible to win CD with Russians. I doubt ISU will ever bring it back. Best CD, ever : www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6uDrkm-D1g

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    It was a very good tango romantica, and the best at Olympics 2010, but Domshabs were nowhere in the league of Usova/Zhulin, Grishuk/Platov, Klimova/Ponamarenko, Pakhomova & Gorshkov, or Torville & Dean.

Also, if the CD is brought back, it would be in the IJS version of the Novice CD's, with the key points, which so far has not favored any country, but it looks like Shpilband's camp is as smart any about how to get them.

(Shpilband + Klimova)