4 2.29%
  • Ashley Wagner (USA)

11 6.29%
  • Gracie Gold (USA)

2 1.14%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds: Ladies Polls

Post 2013 Worlds: Ladies Polls

Who do you predict will win gold in the Ladies discipline?

Tripping on the Podium
    Yuna or Mao

As said, if Yu-Na, Caro and Mao all skate clean, Mao wins, because of the higher BV of her programs but, since Mao is probably getting some UR calls even if she lands all of her jumps (and there is always the "e" in the lutz), I think that Yu-Na has a better chance to win than her, especially because she has a more difficult SP than Carolina and the difference in the FS is not enormous... This, if they all skate clean, but this won't probably happen and... figure skating is so unpredictable!

Mao Asada.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    There aren't much votes till now, but it's quite clear it will be Yuna vs. Mao for most. Caro is in the mix for WC too, but somehow a lot of people don't seem to like hat thought.
    At the moment Ash and Liza have more votes than Caro...

I choose Mao, because she has the momentum on her side with winning GPF and 4CC. And this season, she has more fight and love for what she does again compared to those last two, I really want to see her rock at worlds.
    But of course, Yuna's back and in such a good shape. Caro got her Lutz back and goes for the 3F-3T. So exciting!

Mao.. Yu-Na hasn't skated in a major competition yet this season, so I think she may be 2nd.

Custom Title
    glad to see Wagner isn't leading Mao again like the GPF polls

Definitely Mao.
    Her BV is unbeatable and she also has a cushion with that 70% rule.
    Her PCS is still high even if she makes couple mistakes here and there.
    So yeah, no one can actually beat her without 3-3 and 3A

Custom Title
    Caro has less votes than Liza and Ashley? LOL.

Yes, only three votes for Caro? (I didn't vote for her, but I thought that a lot of people considered her a potential WC...)

Mao has the momentum and is the favorite based on her results this season. Yuna and Carolina can beat her but they've not fully competed this season.

Nevertheless, ice is still slippery. Worlds may yet surprised us.

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT
    Yes, only three votes for Caro? (I didn't vote for her, but I thought that a lot of people considered her a potential WC...)
    Or at least you'd think she'd have more votes than Ashley who neither does a 3-3 nor the 2A-3T nor has as amazing SS as Caro. Weird.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Agreed Can Caro place over Mao and/or Yuna? Yes. Anything can happen-it just depends on how the skaters will be doing at Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    Definitely Mao.
    Her BV is unbeatable and she also has a cushion with that 70% rule.
    Her PCS is still high even if she makes couple mistakes here and there.
    So yeah, no one can actually beat her without 3-3 and 3A
    But skaters who've placed over Mao with 3A does exist. Mao had 3 3As at Olympics, yet Yuna was able to place over her. And plus, I don't think BV really matters as long as you can't execute all the elements without making mistakes(and of course, UR, downgrades, and flutzes/lips counts as "mistakes", too).

Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Agreed Can Caro place over Mao and/or Yuna? Yes. Anything can happen-it just depends on how the skaters will be doing at Worlds.

But skaters who've placed over Mao with 3A does exist. Mao had 3 3As at Olympics, yet Yuna was able to place over her. And plus, I don't think BV really matters as long as you can't execute all the elements without making mistakes(and of course, UR, downgrades, and flutzes/lips counts as "mistakes", too).
    1. Mao Asada 2. Carolina Kostner 3. Yu-Na Kim 4. Akiko Suzuki 5. Ashley Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by vera01
    But back at Vancouver Mao had no 3-3, no Salchow and no Lutz. Back then, Mao had 6 triples planed, now she has 8.
    And of corse the base value matters...? Not the planned one, but the exectued one, but that one does matter quite a lot. And even with her UR's at 4CC Mao had a BV of 59.54. That's still huge, and I think even higher than Yunas planned BV. Now there are the +GOE's too to factor in, but the thing is Mao clean now is a lot better (at least in scoring potential) than Mao in 2010. I'm not saying that she will win worlds no matter what, because I think she'll make mistakes, but if she was clean, I think she should and would win.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast