• Gracie Gold (USA)

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who do you predict will win gold in the Ladies discipline?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
As said, if Yu-Na, Caro and Mao all skate clean, Mao wins, because of the higher BV of her programs but, since Mao is probably getting some UR calls even if she lands all of her jumps (and there is always the "e" in the lutz), I think that Yu-Na has a better chance to win than her, especially because she has a more difficult SP than Carolina and the difference in the FS is not enormous... This, if they all skate clean, but this won't probably happen and... figure skating is so unpredictable!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
There aren't much votes till now, but it's quite clear it will be Yuna vs. Mao for most. Caro is in the mix for WC too, but somehow a lot of people don't seem to like hat thought.
At the moment Ash and Liza have more votes than Caro...

I choose Mao, because she has the momentum on her side with winning GPF and 4CC. And this season, she has more fight and love for what she does again compared to those last two, I really want to see her rock at worlds.
But of course, Yuna's back and in such a good shape. Caro got her Lutz back and goes for the 3F-3T. So exciting! :)

MiRé

Match Penalty
Definitely Mao.
Her BV is unbeatable and she also has a cushion with that 70% rule.
Her PCS is still high even if she makes couple mistakes here and there.
So yeah, no one can actually beat her without 3-3 and 3A

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yes, only three votes for Caro? (I didn't vote for her, but I thought that a lot of people considered her a potential WC...)

Krislite

Medalist
Mao has the momentum and is the favorite based on her results this season. Yuna and Carolina can beat her but they've not fully competed this season.

Nevertheless, ice is still slippery. Worlds may yet surprised us.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
FSGMT said:
Yes, only three votes for Caro? (I didn't vote for her, but I thought that a lot of people considered her a potential WC...)

Or at least you'd think she'd have more votes than Ashley who neither does a 3-3 nor the 2A-3T nor has as amazing SS as Caro. Weird.

vera01

Final Flight

Agreed:) Can Caro place over Mao and/or Yuna? Yes. Anything can happen-it just depends on how the skaters will be doing at Worlds.

Definitely Mao.
Her BV is unbeatable and she also has a cushion with that 70% rule.
Her PCS is still high even if she makes couple mistakes here and there.
So yeah, no one can actually beat her without 3-3 and 3A

But skaters who've placed over Mao with 3A does exist. Mao had 3 3As at Olympics, yet Yuna was able to place over her. And plus, I don't think BV really matters as long as you can't execute all the elements without making mistakes(and of course, UR, downgrades, and flutzes/lips counts as "mistakes", too).

christinaskater

Medalist
Agreed:) Can Caro place over Mao and/or Yuna? Yes. Anything can happen-it just depends on how the skaters will be doing at Worlds.

But skaters who've placed over Mao with 3A does exist. Mao had 3 3As at Olympics, yet Yuna was able to place over her. And plus, I don't think BV really matters as long as you can't execute all the elements without making mistakes(and of course, UR, downgrades, and flutzes/lips counts as "mistakes", too).

1. Mao Asada 2. Carolina Kostner 3. Yu-Na Kim 4. Akiko Suzuki 5. Ashley Wagner

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
vera01 said:

But back at Vancouver Mao had no 3-3, no Salchow and no Lutz. Back then, Mao had 6 triples planed, now she has 8.
And of corse the base value matters...? Not the planned one, but the exectued one, but that one does matter quite a lot. And even with her UR's at 4CC Mao had a BV of 59.54. That's still huge, and I think even higher than Yunas planned BV. Now there are the +GOE's too to factor in, but the thing is Mao clean now is a lot better (at least in scoring potential) than Mao in 2010. I'm not saying that she will win worlds no matter what, because I think she'll make mistakes, but if she was clean, I think she should and would win.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I voted for Yuna because Caro is inconsistent and if the technical panel is very strict, Mao's TES will be low even if she skates well(she has a bad reputation on the jumps so hers will probably be more scrutinized then others).
If all 3 girls hit with all their planned content, Mao should win IMO. I am very curious to see Caro's PCS compared to Yuna. Probably a clean Caro will outscore a clean Mao on PCS but with Yuna is another story.
Carolina has the best programs and should win on every PCS except Transitions IMO

hurrah

Medalist
I voted for Yuna because Caro is inconsistent and if the technical panel is very strict, Mao's TES will be low even if she skates well(she has a bad reputation on the jumps so hers will probably be more scrutinized then others).

I should like to think that the technical panel will equally scrutinized all skaters and not just Mao's jumps! :scowl:

IMO, the technical panel at 4CC was quite strict, so if Mao does as well as she did at 4CC + 3sal, she should win no matter how the other skaters do, unless either Yuna or Caro give a performance that is better than what they have ever achieved in their career.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
4CC was in JAPAN. The technical panel wasn't particularly strict, just average. A stricter panel could find Mao's 3As more than 25% UR, which would put her at a disadvantage. URs could put her out of contention for gold or even for the podium.

hurrah

Medalist
4CC was in JAPAN. The technical panel wasn't particularly strict, just average. A stricter panel could find Mao's 3As more than 25% UR, which would put her at a disadvantage. URs could put her out of contention for gold or even for the podium.

Hey, aren't you the poster who went on ad nauseum about how Kaetlyn Osmond wasn't going to be particularly advantaged even though WC is going to take place in Canada? So what does 4CC taking place in Japan have anything to do with the score or calls that Mao got? A technical panel which would have downgraded Mao's 3-axel in her SP would equally have scrutinized and likely downgraded other skater's 3-3 attempts for underrotation would they not? If the technical caller is going to be strict, they should and would be equally strict with all skaters across the board.

Leonardo

Final Flight

Mao's 3A in the SP was rotated, get over it. And 4cc's technical panel was strict, they gave three < in Mao's LP, even for the good 2a+3t.