4 2.29%
  • Ashley Wagner (USA)

11 6.29%
  • Gracie Gold (USA)

2 1.14%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds: Ladies Polls

Custom Title
    I voted for Yuna because Caro is inconsistent and if the technical panel is very strict, Mao's TES will be low even if she skates well(she has a bad reputation on the jumps so hers will probably be more scrutinized then others).
    If all 3 girls hit with all their planned content, Mao should win IMO. I am very curious to see Caro's PCS compared to Yuna. Probably a clean Caro will outscore a clean Mao on PCS but with Yuna is another story.
    Carolina has the best programs and should win on every PCS except Transitions IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I voted for Yuna because Caro is inconsistent and if the technical panel is very strict, Mao's TES will be low even if she skates well(she has a bad reputation on the jumps so hers will probably be more scrutinized then others).
    I should like to think that the technical panel will equally scrutinized all skaters and not just Mao's jumps!

IMO, the technical panel at 4CC was quite strict, so if Mao does as well as she did at 4CC + 3sal, she should win no matter how the other skaters do, unless either Yuna or Caro give a performance that is better than what they have ever achieved in their career.

Custom Title
    4CC was in JAPAN. The technical panel wasn't particularly strict, just average. A stricter panel could find Mao's 3As more than 25% UR, which would put her at a disadvantage. URs could put her out of contention for gold or even for the podium.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    4CC was in JAPAN. The technical panel wasn't particularly strict, just average. A stricter panel could find Mao's 3As more than 25% UR, which would put her at a disadvantage. URs could put her out of contention for gold or even for the podium.
    Hey, aren't you the poster who went on ad nauseum about how Kaetlyn Osmond wasn't going to be particularly advantaged even though WC is going to take place in Canada? So what does 4CC taking place in Japan have anything to do with the score or calls that Mao got? A technical panel which would have downgraded Mao's 3-axel in her SP would equally have scrutinized and likely downgraded other skater's 3-3 attempts for underrotation would they not? If the technical caller is going to be strict, they should and would be equally strict with all skaters across the board.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Mao's 3A in the SP was rotated, get over it. And 4cc's technical panel was strict, they gave three < in Mao's LP, even for the good 2a+3t.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    I should like to think that the technical panel will equally scrutinized all skaters and not just Mao's jumps!

IMO, the technical panel at 4CC was quite strict, so if Mao does as well as she did at 4CC + 3sal, she should win no matter how the other skaters do, unless either Yuna or Caro give a performance that is better than what they have ever achieved in their career.
    Ifs and buts.

My podium: Mao, Carolina then Yuna.

Yuna hasn't skated in a super competitive competition as of late so I don't think she'll be in prime position to win here. She's clearly setting herself up for Sochi, in my opinion, and we all know that when she dials in she's the most mentally strong out of all the ladies right now. No one, and I mean no one skated to win gold like she did in Vancouver. Her mental strength is just unreal.

Unfortunately, this is not Vancouver and I am not in love with her programs (that might change, however).

Custom Title
    Hmm. I don't think judges are being strict especially to Mao. If they're strict to Mao, then they're being strict to everyone.
    As for her 4CC performance, I wouldn't have given her 4CC FS 2A+3T '<', as I think it was about fully rotated as her 4CC SP's 3A. However, I would've given '<' to her FS 3Lz instead-it was UR.

If Mao is clean at Worlds, does she deserve to win gold medal? Of course she does. If everyone's clean at Worlds, I would expect the podium to be in this order:Mao, Carolina, Yuna. I hope Yuna would be more adventurous, maybe bring back her 3Lo and go for 8 triples program, but unfortunately, she doesn't seem to be adventurous this time:(

~high art~
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Hmm. I don't think judges are being strict especially to Mao. If they're strict to Mao, then they're being strict to everyone.
    As for her 4CC performance, I wouldn't have given her 4CC FS 2A+3T '<', as I think it was about fully rotated as her 4CC SP's 3A. However, I would've given '<' to her FS 3Lz instead-it was UR.

If Mao is clean at Worlds, does she deserve to win gold medal? Of course she does. If everyone's clean at Worlds, I would expect the podium to be in this order:Mao, Carolina, Yuna. I hope Yuna would be more adventurous, maybe bring back her 3Lo and go for 8 triples program, but unfortunately, she doesn't seem to be adventurous this time:(
    Yuna needs to add another triple axel if she wants to go for 8 triples.

Custom Title
    Yuna's strategy has never been to have the highest content difficulty. Just execute all her elements to a very good standard to rack up the GOE points. It's worked for her thus far. I'd still like to see her bring back the loop though. There's no reason why she can't do one

Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    Yuna's strategy has never been to have the highest content difficulty. Just execute all her elements to a very good standard to rack up the GOE points. It's worked for her thus far. I'd still like to see her bring back the loop though. There's no reason why she can't do one
    Having a 3Lz+3T in both the SP and LP and doing a 2A+3T in the LP was pretty high difficulty in the last quad, and even now would only be surpassed by a clean 8-triple Mao.

Granted, many Russian juniors these days can pull off Yuna's SP and LP layout from the last quad, but it's doubtful most of them will maintain that through their transition to the senior ranks.

I don't see Yuna reintroducing the loop unless Mao has a perfect performance at Worlds.

I can agree that Mao can surpass Yuna, but how would Carolina surpass Yuna?
    I hope people can see how Caro can be under pressure, just look at her LP at olympics 2010.
    She is inconsistent thus I don't see Caro being on the podium. Maybe 5th or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    I can agree that Mao can surpass Yuna, but how would Carolina surpass Yuna?
    I hope people can see how Caro can be under pressure, just look at her LP at olympics 2010.
    She is inconsistent thus I don't see Caro being on the podium. Maybe 5th or so.
    If Yuna can reproduce her Nationals performance, I agree it is not likely for Caro to beat Yuna.

However, on the other hand, Yuna is not at the top of her form, and she has slightly less speed and transitions than before. Her jumps are also not as huge as they were before. When Carolina lands her jumps, she has more speed and her jumps are bigger. So in terms of GOE, Caro can get better GOEs compared to Yuna.

While Caro's BV is still below Yuna's, the difference is far less than before. If---and that's a big if---Caro can land all her planned content, and if---here's another big if---Caro can get better PCS than Yuna, the difference in BV would be nullified and since she could potentially get higher GOEs than Yuna, Caro could win over Yuna.

So a clean Caro basically needs higher PCS than clean Yuna to beat her. I guess that's the reason why many posters who are rooting for Caro are saying that she has the best program of the season, which I personally don't agree with. I don't love either Yuna or Caro's programs, but Yuna clearly skates to the music better. Plus, I object to those two stops in Caro's LP.

Custom Title
    In the very unlikely case if everybody goes clean and great (we all do hope so it will happen) Yu-Na cannot loose this unless she has a same way hearthless performance than she did in 2011 World and especially the exhibition there.
    Mao 2nd with a strong fight with Kostner, who has a very well choreographed programme with a great postures and lines all the way through.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    In the very unlikely case if everybody goes clean and great (we all do hope so it will happen) Yu-Na cannot loose this unless she has a same way hearthless performance than she did in 2011 World and especially the exhibition there.
    Mao 2nd with a strong fight with Kostner, who has a very well choreographed programme with a great postures and lines all the way through.
    Yu-Na has by far the most dependable big tricks so I'm going with her winning. But I don't get why people think she should win if everyone goes clean. If that happens, (i.e. all jumps fully credited), Asada has a 10 point BV advantage and she should easily win. Or are we all being realistic and assuming that's never going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Yu-Na has by far the most dependable big tricks so I'm going with her winning. But I don't get why people think she should win if everyone goes clean. If that happens, (i.e. all jumps fully credited), Asada has a 10 point BV advantage and she should easily win. Or are we all being realistic and assuming that's never going to happen?
    if the big tricks alone could guarantee a win, then Mao should have been the OGM today!

if everyone goes clean the order is going to be like this:

Asada
    Kostner
    Kim

now all this talk about the outcome and prediction makes me soo eager to see some practice clips or some news about the skaters.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast