View Poll Results: 2013 Worlds: Ladies Polls

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kaetlyn Osmond (CAN)

    4 2.29%
  • Carolina Kosnter (ITA)

    13 7.43%
  • Mao Asada (JPN)

    57 32.57%
  • Akiko Suzuki (JPN)

    1 0.57%
  • Yuna Kim (KOR)

    82 46.86%
  • Alena Leonova (RUS)

    0 0%
  • Adelina Sotnikova (RUS)

    1 0.57%
  • Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (RUS)

    4 2.29%
  • Ashley Wagner (USA)

    11 6.29%
  • Gracie Gold (USA)

    2 1.14%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73

Thread: 2013 Worlds: Ladies Polls

  1. #31
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    532
    But the problem is that not everyone's going to be clean at Worlds. Whoever that delivers the cleanest-looking program would win(as long as they're considered to be "top skaters"). At this point, everything is really unpredictable. I just hope everyone is judged fairly, and gets the score that they deserve

  2. #32
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,889
    1 Yuna
    2 Mao
    3 Carolina

    1 Mao
    2 Yuna
    3 Carolina

    1 Carolina
    2 Yuna
    3 Mao

    1 Yuna
    2 Mao
    3 Osmond

    1 Carolina
    2 Yuna
    3 Osmond

    1 Yuna
    2 Carolina
    3 Osmond

  3. #33
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    if the big tricks alone could guarantee a win, then Mao should have been the OGM today!

    if everyone goes clean the order is going to be like this:

    Asada
    Kostner
    Kim

    now all this talk about the outcome and prediction makes me soo eager to see some practice clips or some news about the skaters.
    Comprehension is fundamental. Yu-Na has the most dependable big tricks.

    At least be honest in saying that you don't like Yu-Na because she has been Mao's biggest rival throughout these years. It's unfortunate you feel this way.

  4. #34
    Custom Title mary01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    Comprehension is fundamental. Yu-Na has the most dependable big tricks.

    At least be honest in saying that you don't like Yu-Na because she has been Mao's biggest rival throughout these years. It's unfortunate you feel this way.
    now seriously, do you need to twist everything i write, where and when have i ever said that i hate kim

  5. #35
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    Just wait and see when someone other than Yuna, Caro and mao podiums at worlds

  6. #36
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Just wait and see when someone other than Yuna, Caro and mao podiums at worlds
    Osmond for sure
    Wagner, Tuk, Gold maybe outside shots

  7. #37
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    now seriously, do you need to twist everything i write, where and when have i ever said that i hate kim
    I never said you hated Kim. I said that you do not have much affection for Kim because she has been Mao's greatest rival. Am I correct in saying that?

    It is interesting to get into the psychology of a rabid fan who sees the world through such rose-tinted glasses.

    And by the way, I'm predicting a 1. Mao 2. Kostner and 3. Kim podium. Yuna might not even finish on the podium.

  8. #38
    Custom Title mary01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    I never said you hated Kim. I said that you do not have much affection for Kim because she has been Mao's greatest rival. Am I correct in saying that?

    It is interesting to get into the psychology of a rabid fan who sees the world through such rose-tinted glasses.

    And by the way, I'm predicting a 1. Mao 2. Kostner and 3. Kim podium. Yuna might not even finish on the podium.
    well I think we all have our own preferences, when it comes to the skaters. what I weigh high in figure skating is not necessary what you are looking for in a skater. which is why I think our affection towards the skaters naturally differs.

  9. #39
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,859
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    If Yuna can reproduce her Nationals performance, I agree it is not likely for Caro to beat Yuna.

    However, on the other hand, Yuna is not at the top of her form, and she has slightly less speed and transitions than before. Her jumps are also not as huge as they were before. When Carolina lands her jumps, she has more speed and her jumps are bigger. So in terms of GOE, Caro can get better GOEs compared to Yuna.

    While Caro's BV is still below Yuna's, the difference is far less than before. If---and that's a big if---Caro can land all her planned content, and if---here's another big if---Caro can get better PCS than Yuna, the difference in BV would be nullified and since she could potentially get higher GOEs than Yuna, Caro could win over Yuna.

    So a clean Caro basically needs higher PCS than clean Yuna to beat her. I guess that's the reason why many posters who are rooting for Caro are saying that she has the best program of the season, which I personally don't agree with. I don't love either Yuna or Caro's programs, but Yuna clearly skates to the music better. Plus, I object to those two stops in Caro's LP.
    ROTFL at Caro getting more GOE points than a clean Yu Na. Yu Na is the queen of GOEs of the current era skaters. Kostner has also never had higher PCS than Kim in a competition both have been in together. If everyone skates clean the final order of finish will be Kim, Asada (clean for her would still have a couple < over the 2 programs, even if her planned BV is the highest), and Kostner. Since Kim is also the most likely to skate closest to clean as well as the one who would win hypothetically if all did or if all had the same number of mistakes I will pick her, but it wouldnt surprise me that much if Mao won.

  10. #40
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48
    I'm going with Tukh. Why? Her performance at Europeans. Ok PES in her case is influenced by her age, like what we see now with Carolina, who has lovely programs full of maturity but lacking really strong technical elements. Tukh has charisma and the jumps and speed. Mao must complete her triple axels like in Vancouver to stand a chance. I haven't seen Yu-Na perform this season and I think it'll take more than just her name to reach the top. Ashley has no triple-triple combination and like with the quads for the guys, the ladies NEED this combo to reach the top.

  11. #41
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,673
    Compare the big tricks from the top 3

    Yuna's 3Lz-3T
    Mao's 3A and 3F-3Lo
    Caro's 3T-3T and 3F-3T

    Obviously Yuna can hit hers at least 80% of the time. That kind of consistency helps her a lot. She's most likely to be clean in the SP compare to the other two because her big trick is more dependable.
    Mao's 3A, I would put about 30%. Her 3F-3Lo is probably more like 20% chance of being clean.
    Caro's 3F-3T probably 40% chance of landing cleanly. 3T-3T are probably 60%.

    However, if Mao and Carolina hit their SP as well, Yuna would be out of Gold. Yuna needs a big cushion after the SP to win. She can't afford to be just one or two points ahead of Caro and 1 or two points below Mao. In the LP, Yuna's consistency is about the same as the other two girls, always pop or step out or something. Mao and Caro can be a mess in the LP and still score 130. Yuna will need to make sure to build a big lead, then score about 128 or 129 or something to win.

    I think it will go down like this
    After the SP
    1. Yuna
    2. Caro
    3. Mao

    After the LP
    1. Mao
    2. Caro
    3. Yuna

    Combined
    1. Caro
    2. Mao
    3. Yuna

  12. #42
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,265
    The LADIES judging panel: BUL DEN EST FIN GEO GER GBR JPN ROU RSA ESP SUI TUR

    10 European, 1 South African, 1 Asian

    That will tend to benefit Kostner and the Russian ladies.

  13. #43
    Adiós Melon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    324
    I don't understand.
    Has Carolina beaten Mao and Yuna during 09-10? where both of the girls were at their peak?
    Get over yourselves. Caro cannot beat Mao and Yuna.
    Like I said earlier, Caro is inconsistent. It's very possible for her to perform like she did in the 2010 Olympics

  14. #44
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    I don't understand.
    Has Carolina beaten Mao and Yuna during 09-10?

    Carolina is a better skater/competitor now than she was during 09-10.

  15. #45
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    I don't understand.
    Has Carolina beaten Mao and Yuna during 09-10? where both of the girls were at their peak?
    Get over yourselves. Caro cannot beat Mao and Yuna.
    Like I said earlier, Caro is inconsistent. It's very possible for her to perform like she did in the 2010 Olympics
    I don't understand what you don't understand.
    Has Mao and Yuna beat Caro at her peak?
    Get over yourselves. Caro's been beating Mao's *** for the past few seasons.

    It's possible that Yuna will perform like she did at Skate America 2009, too.
    It's possible that Mao will perform like she did at the beginning of this season, too.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •