• Shibutani/Shibutani (USA)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If both team will skate their heart out without mistakes, V/M will win. I don't really understand that why their programme is not that much appreciated by the judges.

Most of the judges are over 50. In their eyes, Carmen's blatant sexuality may seem vulgar.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Trust me, people over 50 are the ones least shocked by sex. How do you think you kiddies came to be in any case?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Trust me, people over 50 are the ones least shocked by sex. How do you think you kiddies came to be in any case?

Maybe people over 50 aren't shocked by sex itself, but simulated sex in public and on the ice is quite another thing.

Ice dancing is a sport where there are rules against the appearance of nudity and there is emphasis on 'uplifting' programs. Crotch grabbing and lifts where the woman has her face in the man's crotch does seem out-of-sync with those directives.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
To tell you the truth what probably shocks old judges about V&M's Carmen program is how gymnastic all 3 of the non choreographic lifts are, and it may bother them that Tessa does some kind of flip to sit on Scott's shoulders, which (sitting on shoulders) is supposed to be against the rules. The appearance of pairs or of gymnastics was very frowned upon by dance judges back in the day. (1980s/1990s) Even T&D got critiqued about it in 1994 between Euros & Olympics.

U&Z did a lot more explicit sex on ice than V&M do in Carmen. So for that matter, did Bestemianova & Bukin in their Carmen.

katia

On the Ice
ROTFL
Only prudes can imagine that Carmen has "blatant sexuality".
btw. I am trying to figure what do you have against V/M (and many other skaters from certain country) ? their not-so-blatant sexuality? good looks? As for appearance of nudity you should watch some Russian skaters.

Big Deal

Final Flight
V/M are real Champion like couple to me pushing the bar of this sport higher and higher with innovative ideas and technical elements as a real Champion should do.
They have to be brave to do so especially because they have the best ever "reproducer and technicians" closed behind them.

I hope this attitude will pay off with all my love to Davis/White to be concerned.

Weaver/Poje already was penalized in the beginning of the season to be TOO GOOD. The international agreement of the judges that it seems like at the 2nd time in the a raw 1st and 2nd in the Olympic next year will be CAN and USA is costly for some other non-Russians.
I also think that Pechalat/Bourzat very high technical ability will be thrown out the window because of the same reason.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
D/W are a lost cause pity their momentum is hindered by the host venue
no matter how they will skate D/W will only win silver