Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Adam Rippon

Adam Rippon

I am obsessed with Adam Rippon lately. Something about his skating I just find so, so compelling and balletic.

I'm worried about him after 2014 US Nationals. I knew going in it was probably a long shot for him to make the Olympics, but he had a bit of a meltdown. The look on his face after the long... oh gosh, I can never rewatch that.

I'm so hopeful he'll have a great skate at 4 Continents coming up. Is he definitely skating? I noticed he hasn't even tweeted since Nationals which has me worried. I'm hoping he'll stick around at least one more season as well. I know he said over the summer in his interview with Skating Lesson that he planned at least one more season. Fingers crossed.

"Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 7h7 hours ago

We are certainly seeing some solid triple Axels from @Adaripp in this morning's practice. #NC2015"

"The skating lesson
    The Skating Lesson ‏@SkatingLesson 8h8 hours ago

And Adam just did a clean quad lutz."

Well he could, he might, you never know, I don't want to junx anything, but ...wouldn't it be so wonderful if..... this might be his year!!

Go Adam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by KwanIsALegend; 01-21-2015 at 04:07 PM.

Team Russian Silver Foxes gallavich's Avatar
    I'm rooting for Adam! I think he is the most beautiful US male skater (I do mean his skating, although he certainly isn't hard on the eyes, either ) Very curious about the new short program...

Oh, I would like to see a nice 4Lz on competition again!! Go Adam!

Custom Title
    I remember seeing youtube video of him doing 4lz. It was beautiful. Hope he will deliver in the nationals. Go!

Adam's new website:

http://figureskatersonline.com/adamrippon/home/

Adam doesn't get a fraction of the hype of certain other US men, but he is just as artistic as anyone else (if not moreso, imo) AND he took a huge risk going for 4lz. I'm proud of him. Even if he doesn't get the respect he deserves, he's still my favorite American man these days. And his new SP is a huge improvement over the old one!

Custom Title
    Not to rag on Jason, Josh, and Jeremy--they skated very well. But Adam also did very well, even if his strategy was... unconventional, shall we say? Imo, he should've been right up there with them. The quad lutz was messy and probably deserved -3, but I actually don't think it was beyond the 1/4 "allowed cheat" for UR? (I'll need a better angle to confirm...) And while Jason and Jeremy did excellent 3-3s, imo, Adam's was even better.

He never really did anything for me before, but now I'm kinda rooting for him. I liked the program, and it's impossible not to admire his guts.

Yes yes yes Adam is in first. We have waited for clean skates and marks he deserves. Our answer to lambiel battle and Dai in elegance just came through. Oh please skate God let him win!!!!!! Congrats to his fan base! We believed!

Just watched Adam's SP - Loved it! I enjoyed it so much more than the one he had before - this is just so much more... dynamic - and he did it full justice! I do so hope we get to see it again this season!

And the 4Lz - that's so gutsy! I really respect him for going for it.

(Haven't seen his FP yet.)

On a shallow note... But since this is his Fan Fest thread that should be all right. Loved his hair like this - this is how he should keep it. Looking so good.

I'm over the moon for him. I would have given him gold, but TPTB clearly weren't interested in putting him on the podium after the SP. Until he turned in an incredible skate that they had to recognize. I'm sure Ashley's win inspired him, and I can only imagine the celebration they will have! Thank you Adam for renewing my faith in the US men!

LRK - just wait until you see the FS!!! Actually, don't wait. Watch it right now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xr76MhbAso
    Last edited by gallavich; 01-25-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    Sorry to step over you (and thanks for providing the link), but this one has MUCH better quality:

http://youtu.be/cBcusUyB8zE

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Now that I hope he will improve his consistency! Go Adam!

Thank you for the vid! Well, that was... not a great skate, but a Grand Skate! Above all else, I loved the Attitude, the Command... Positively Plushyesque. (He said in the TSL interview that that was something he admired about Plushy.)

A funny thing? I actually said a little prayer before the 4Lz - even though it wasn't live!

Well, he's left a margin for improvement, hasn't he? For, you know, Worlds'... I hate to say it, because I'm superstitiously afraid of jinxing, but... Go in with that attitude - maybe pshych himself up by watching a few Plushy vids in preparation - and own that quad and the performance... Well... Honestly? I've got a good feeling about this.

Custom Title
    Adam's LP showed such mastery, such command. Program-wise, I prefer his SP, but there's no denying how well he skated that.

It's an interesting combination: he skates programs that are--for the lack of a better term--"American artistic"... but injects fire, control, and a freaking 4Lz. If he were to skate like this more often...

He will.

(I mean, just imagine what a confidence boost this must have been! Believing you have it in you is one thing - but now... he knows.)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast