Thread: Alexandra Stepanova & Ivan Bukin

Custom Title

Alexandra Stepanova & Ivan Bukin

I really enjoy their FD this season and have a feeling that this team is going to achieve much more things in future.

FD at Russian Nationals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDPAHLNYMo

Their reaction after seeing the scores was amazing!!

Custom Title
    I've liked them for a while now, and thanks for starting the thread. I think they are very promising and I look forward to them improving.
    And on a non-skating note: They are simply gorgeous.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by s_parks View Post
    And on a non-skating note: They are simply gorgeous.
    Agree! I saw them in person during JGP Bosphorus Cup 2012 and they were like Hollywood stars fascinating people around their way when they walk!!

Custom Title
    I had no idea who they were before this season, but they really caught my eye during Skate America: the sit twizzles, the million-position lifts, and her oh-so-diva hands at the end of the SD. Tanith Belbin (or was it Carol Lane? My memory... ) said that in every lift, twizzle, and combination spin, this team is always adding some form of innovation. They've received some flak for their SS and TAT's overhype, but I really appreciate how different they try to be.

Their FD took a while to click with me, but I suddenly "got it" at Nationals. And they were, of course, very cute in the K&C.

Welcome S/B!!!!!! You are one of my favorites team. You reminded me of the old great Russian ice dancers.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Eep!!! So excited to see someone has started a fanfest thread for them!!!

I really like their FD this year; and hope they continue to be successful!! Now, if they'd just get on SM!
    Last edited by snowflakebeautiful; 01-01-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Custom Title
    Just wanted to revive this thread to say congratulations for their first Euro medal!

Yes, congrats!

Custom Title
    Congratulations to Alexandra and Ivan. Definitely not a result I would've foreseen.

so decided to search something new going into WC & found the interview with Sasha where she says nothing significant but for the bumping of the thread of the couple I like it will do

She says that the changes in the program are minimal
    After the successful result of the Euros it pushed them to work more & be better. Now they dont go back to these memories & ready for more. The training & preparation for WC goes steady & surprisingly without any pressure & no difference from the preparation to any other comp.

Good luck my loves!
    Last edited by Sugarpova; 03-30-2015 at 08:25 AM.

so now as I feel that after Worlds it became so fashionable to hate on them I feel like I need to support them 10 fold now
    I cant make TAT or other people in their so called 'team' (how can those people call it 'support' of S/B is beyond me) shut up, mind their own business & stop taking **** about other teams but what can I do

Combining with the pretty meh result at worlds I still kinda hopeful that next season they will be somewhat successful even if they potentially can move down to #4-5 in the team

Sasha said that the fail @ worlds can be stimulating for them. The medals at Euros gave them false sense of security.

Vanya calls the season successful even with all the fails & losses. Sasha is sad because they failed the team in SD.

Rubleva too says that they looked very nervous & that the Euro result (& *cough cough* overhype) took its tall on them in SD while in FD they didnt feel the pressure.

Looked like movie stars at the Worlds Banquet
    Last edited by Sugarpova; Yesterday at 06:39 AM.

Rinkside
    Don' t forget, skating is in Ivan's blood cause he is Andrei Bukin's son joined with Bestemianova were one of the greatest ice dancers in the history.