Thread: Kavita Lorenz & Panagiotis Polizoakis

0 Not allowed!

Kavita Lorenz & Panagiotis Polizoakis

Kavita Lorenz and Panagiotis (Joti) Polizoakis are German ice dancers. Lorenz was born on Sep 5, 1995, in Berlin, Germany, while Polizoakis was born on Jun 9, 1995 in Bietigheim-Bissingen, Germany.

I have really enjoyed watching this new team at Nebelhorn! I think they have amazing programs and a lot of potential for the future!

Biographical Information and Social Media (Thank you to CaroLiza_Fan for much of this information!!)

These two teamed up in May 2015. Joti was previously a singles skater; Kavita had never competed internationally but had dabbled in both singles and ice dance (with Evgeni Kholoniuk).

ISU Biography

Official Facebook Page
    Joti's Twitter
    Kavita's Twitter
    Joti's Instagram
    Kavita's Instagram

Programs

2015 Nebelhorn SD
    2015 Nebelhorn FD
    Last edited by tulosai; 09-26-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Erica

0 Not allowed!
    I just watched them skate the free. I'd never seen them before this competition, but I think they have great potential!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I heard that they were in singles before? These results are incredible especially considering that they are new couple and are from singles. I remember someone wrote that Stavitskaya and Shibnev results prove that ice dancing isn't some sort of freeskating without jumps but it seems that LP results can prove otherwise Just joking, but still it's incredible.
    Last edited by Duality; 09-26-2015 at 08:48 AM.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    I heard that they were in singles before? These results are incredible especially considering that they are new couple and are from singles. I remember someone wrote that Stavitskaya and Shibnev results prove that ice dancing isn't some sort of freeskating without jumps but it seems that LP results can prove otherwise Just joking, but still it's incredible.
    You're nearly right. The Nebelhorn was Joti's first competition as an Ice Dancer after switching from Singles. But Kavita has been Ice Dancing for a few seasons.

Here is what I wrote about them a couple of weeks ago in the thread about Joti's personal life:

They only got together in May, and their first competition will be the Nebelhorn Trophy. As they haven't competed internationally yet, they don't have an ISU Bio.

However, they do have a Facebook page.

Kavita was previously partnered by Evgeni Kholoniuk. And before that, she was a Singles skater. She has never competed internationally, so does not have any ISU Bios. But, she does have a Stats On Ice bio.

This is Joti's first foray into Ice Dance. Up to this season, he was a Singles skater (ISU Bio).

"Joti" is a contraction of "Panagiotis" (Well, Greek names probably don't roll off German tongues very well!)

From: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...=1#post1216286

However, now that they have made their international debut at the Nebelhorn, they do have an ISU Bio:

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00035158.htm

Hope this adds a bit of extra insight into their background.

CaroLiza_fan
    Last edited by CaroLiza_fan; 09-26-2015 at 09:24 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Wow thank you for all the information!! I hope you will not mind if I add some of it to the original post

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Wow thank you for all the information!! I hope you will not mind if I add some of it to the original post
    Don't be silly. Of course I won't mind!

In fact I'm delighted to know that what little info I could find out about them was useful!

CaroLiza_fan

0 Not allowed!
    Hey, if you want something to fill out the OP a bit since they don't have many results, you could always talk about Joti's name.

Joti's name in Greek lettering is Παναγιώτης Πολυζωάκης. The "official" transliteration (which is used in his ISU Bio) is "Panagiotis Polizoakis". But, traditionally, his first name would have been transliterated as "Panayiotis". This transliteration is more useful for us non-Greek speakers, as it shows how the name is pronounced!

And the traditional transliteration also makes it more obvious where the shortened version of his name came from. "J" in German is pronounced the way "Y" is pronounced in English. Therefore, his shortened name is pronounced "Yoti".

Anyway, if you want the full story about his first name, there is a page about it on Wikipedia. But, the gist of it is that it is derived from Παναγία ("Panagia" / "Panayia"), the Greek term for the virgin Mary.

And the reason I already knew that is because there are LOTS of places in Cyprus named "Panayia"!

Which reminds me, I have still to do a write-up about Polina Ustinova's Copernicus Stars FS for the Team Cyprus Fan Fest...

Right, gotta go!

CaroLiza_fan

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks again CaroLiza_Fan!! Very interesting stuff! I've updated the post

0 Not allowed!
    I was so impressed! I've heard they are doing great but this was awesome! They look great together as a couple... Kind of like Virtue/Moir. I love the speed and they seem to have a close connection to each other. They are a very promising couple for the future and I think the dancers should watch out. They can get really big in the next 2 years...

0 Not allowed!
    Kavita and Joti competed again already today at the Ondrej Nepala Trophy. They are in fifth after the SP. If anyone would like to see the video it's here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnlgKoWDBqE

0 Not allowed!
    Best of luck to these two at Euros tomorrow! I hope they've been able to improve and that they might be able to have a top 10 finish here!

0 Not allowed!
    Is Joti the one who is dating Johnny Weir's ex?

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Pleased they were able to get the SD minimum for Worlds.

0 Not allowed!
    That's awesome. Just saw their skates. I love them!! They remind me a little bit of Virtue/Moir.
    Excited to see what they'll bring next season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Is Joti the one who is dating Johnny Weir's ex?
    Yes it's him.

Columnist

3 Not allowed!

Post Figure Skating Online Interview

Here is an older interview of the two. It was published on Figure Skating Online, so all credit´s to them.

Kavita Lorenz/Joti Polizoakis: “We felt good together on the ice after the first few minutes” Kavita Lorenz and Joti Polizoakis are Germany’s newest ice dance couple. They just teamed up this spring and are training in Novi, Michigan, under Igor Shpilband.

[B]

Joti: In the long run, we want to win international medals in our career.

Q: Thank you very much for the interview and all the best for your future!

The interview can be read here:

Source
    Last edited by dorispulaski; Yesterday at 09:58 AM.