Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55

Thread: Team China

  1. #1
    Machida and Beethoven inside edges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    821

    Team China

    I'm just opening the thread because it seems there is no suitable place for talking about Chinese skaters, especially pair teams, the federation, and events held in China and etc.

    I'm not sure this is the right title for the subjects, but I feel it would be good rather than the generic name like "Chinese figure skaters" to avoid any confusion.

    Please feel free to use this thread and talk about skaters related to China.

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,639
    Thanks BTW, have you watched the 4LZ I linked in US men's thread. it was originally posted in Shoma's thread.

  3. #3
    Machida and Beethoven inside edges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    821
    This is the brief history of how this thread has been created. The below listed posts are copied from State of the U.S. Men's Figure Skating for 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    Boyang just posted a gigantic 4LZ in his practice, it is the biggest jump I have either seen, nearly as high as his body length!!!!!!!
    and also don't forget Han.

    Okay, this has nothing to do with this thread, but I cannot find a place to share this
    Quote Originally Posted by inside edges View Post
    Can I see the video of Boyang's 4lz? I saw Adam Rippon's 4lz although it was underrotated a bit.
    By the way, they're Chinese, and are Boyang supposed to compete for Junior World this year instead of senior World?
    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    I dont know, Boyang probably will go to junior?, but he just won Chinese nationals and surpassed Han. But Han is still the no1 total package male skater from China.
    I dont know how to link that clip. but I am sure soon it will be posted somewhere.
    There has been clips of Boyang doing 4LZ coming out before and posted in this forum. pretty good quality.
    but this one I just saw, is probably the biggest ever jump I have ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    okay found it in Shoma's fan thread, I knew I would find it there.
    here it is for you
    http://www.meipai.com/media/224186069

    this little rivalry between Shoma and Boyang has been simmering for quite a while now. kinda cute
    Quote Originally Posted by inside edges View Post
    Thanks. I'm gonna copy and paste the link to the newly opened thread, "Team China". Let's use the thread for anything related to Chinese skaters from now on.
    Last edited by inside edges; 01-24-2015 at 02:16 PM.

  4. #4
    Machida and Beethoven inside edges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    Thanks BTW, have you watched the 4LZ I linked in US men's thread. it was originally posted in Shoma's thread.
    Yes, that was a funny part for sure, but we have a new thread finally. Back to the topic, the jump is huge and fast!
    I wonder when he will bring the monster to competition. Shoma and Boyang could be a good rivalry to each other.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,433
    Thank you for making this thread! To commemorate its beginning, I'd like to share this lovely performance from the legends Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao, at the 2007 World Championships: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF9B4lfU3rQ Though they were known most for their power and athleticism, I thought they showcased lightness and grace in this program.

    There are also quite a few fan fests for individual Chinese skaters/pairs. Maybe it would be nice to add these to the first post...?

    Sui/Han
    Peng/Zhang
    Yu/Jin

    Han Yan
    Boyang Jin

    Zijun Li

    I think that's all of them, though apologies if I missed anyone.
    Last edited by Sandpiper; 03-07-2015 at 05:01 PM.

  6. #6
    Machida and Beethoven inside edges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    Thank you for making this thread! To commemorate its beginning, I'd like to share this lovely performance from the legends Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao, at the 2007 World Championships: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF9B4lfU3rQ Though they were known most for their power and athleticism, I thought they showcased lightness and grace in this program.

    There are also quite a few fan fests for individual Chinese skaters/pairs. Maybe it would be nice to add these to the first post...?

    Sui/Han
    Peng/Zhang
    Yu/Jin

    Han Yan
    Li Zijun

    I think that's all of them, though apologies if I missed anyone.
    You're welcome and thank you for bringing the presents to flourish the thread already!

    I thought there would definitely be a thread dedicated for Shen/Zhao since they are legendary pair skaters, but we can use this place instead.
    The program is very touching and mesmerizing to watch, so that they could be a three time World champion.

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    954
    I see the Chinese pairs flourishing in the forthcoming years. Both S/H and Y/J are young enough to go to the '26 olys, and I've heard that several young team were formed recently.

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by inside edges View Post
    I thought there would definitely be a thread dedicated for Shen/Zhao since they are legendary pair skaters, but we can use this place instead.
    The program is very touching and mesmerizing to watch, so that they could be a three time World champion.
    I think they were already retired by the time the Fan Fest section became active here?

    Anyway, it would be wrong not to link to their 2003 Worlds LP, Turandot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYuRHZMNCeE For anyone who hasn't seen this much talked-about performance. Just listening to the commentary, it's kinda a shame they never got that throw 4S. But training it probably gave them the most massive throw 3S ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by s_parks View Post
    I see the Chinese pairs flourishing in the forthcoming years. Both S/H and Y/J are young enough to go to the '26 olys, and I've heard that several young team were formed recently.
    Chinese pairs compete forever. Though I hope they won't have to wait that long for their chance to shine.

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    900
    Y/J really made an impression on me this season. I prefer them over all the other Chinese pairs. I forgot which commentator said this, but she said that they just seem like they were born to skate with each other. I felt the same way watching them too.

  10. #10
    Machida and Beethoven inside edges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    821

    Lightbulb

    The entry list of the 4CCs is up now. http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051600.htm

    Here goes the skaters who will represent China.

    Men

    Yuhang GUAN 3rd at National 2014, 10th at Cup of China 2014
    Yi WANG 4th at National 2014, 11th at Cup of China 2014, 16th at 4CC 2014
    Han YAN 2nd at Nationals 2014, 7th at Olympics 2014, 7th at Worlds 2014

    Ladies

    Zijun Li 1st at Nationals 2014, 14th at Olympics 2014, 17th at World 2014, 3rd at 4CC 2014

    Pairs

    Qing PANG / Jian TONG 4th at Olympics 2014, 2nd at Olympics 2010
    Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG
    Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN

    Ice Dance

    Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU
    Yiyi ZHANG / Nan WU
    Yue ZHAO / Xun ZHENG
    Last edited by inside edges; 01-26-2015 at 09:01 AM.

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    954
    Does anyone know if the pairs plan to bring the quad throw to 4cc and worlds, or just practice it for next season?

  12. #12
    Machida and Beethoven inside edges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by firal View Post
    Y/J really made an impression on me this season. I prefer them over all the other Chinese pairs. I forgot which commentator said this, but she said that they just seem like they were born to skate with each other. I felt the same way watching them too.
    They're very handsome and promising skaters in capable of delivering a nice interpretation to music. I like their lyrical NHK performance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_-zg9Y15GE

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by s_parks View Post
    Does anyone know if the pairs plan to bring the quad throw to 4cc and worlds, or just practice it for next season?
    Sui/Han are obviously practicing it. According to the CBC crew during the 2014 Olympics, Peng/Zhang are practicing it as well (though take this with a grain of salt, since Irving/Lane/Browning don't always get their facts right). I don't know if we'll see the quad throws this season... maybe S/H could test theirs out at 4CC.

  14. #14
    ◟ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ ノ shiroKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,216
    I'm glad Guan Yuhang is going to 4CC. I really enjoyed his skate at CoC and I think has a lot of potential. Hope Han Yan is doing well health wise since it's a good chance for him and Zijun to get the momentum going before WC's. Wishing Team China all the best!

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,433
    I don't know where to ask this, but this thread doesn't seem like a bad place... Does anyone have info on Pang/Tong's programs this season?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •