Anna Pogorilaya | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

NaVi

Medalist
I like Anna because she has a uniquely elegant(even sensual, though she's 16...) style and I like the way she moves around the ice. One little thing(and some will think odd) I've noticed is that the sound of her skates go along with the music more than most other skaters. I think she can be somewhat emotionally distant which is completely invisible when she hits her program hard with perfect timing but is amplified if she is off timing and hits her spins slowly.

Alba

Record Breaker
http://nickverrreos.blogspot.it/2014/11/ice-style2014-skate-canada.html

Anna Pogorilaya of Russia, Short Program to "Adagio" by Il Divo--Beautiful, ethereal...two words that came to mind when I saw this costume on Anna. I loved the one shoulder look of this ocean-blue, white and silver costume with nude illusion and skirt accents. The costume was quite pretty, delicate and perfect for the music--and Anna's skin and hair color.

Free Skate to "Firebird" by Stravinsky--I loved this costume that Anna wore to her Free Skate to "Firebird". The fire-like red-yellow, bronze, brown colors looked amazing and I think the crystals were placed correctly to define the fire in "Firebird"...

I also have to add that one of my favorite parts of this costume were the sleeves and "gloves". Anna's costume has long beaded sleeves and then she added actual red gloves that were slipped in under the costume...Anna used the gloves and her hands to give the effect of the wings of a bird to fabulous effect during this Gold medal winning Free Skate of hers.

Imagine

Medalist
Personally I loved Pogorilaya's Firebird program and the costume...but Nick Verreos' fashion sensibility is questionable most of the time :p

Last year she had a stellar short and a long program that was muted by a flat piece of music (which I loved...in the actual movie itself). This year, I feel like her long is more captivating than the short.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I enjoy Nick Verreos's blog, though it's hit-or-miss whether I agree with his opinions. I do agree with him on the Firebird costume, however...it's perfect for the program. Sometimes it seems people forget that skating costumes are just that - costumes - and they are meant to portray a story, with an element of fantasy. It's not like she is wearing this to a formal ball or a job interview. I guess I have a high threshold for costumes that others would call "tacky" (of course, there are some that cannot be excused at all :p).

Meoima

Match Penalty
With Adelina out of the GO due to injury, now that I can see Anna has high hope to go to worlds or Europe. I hope she can do her best. This girl is trying so hard to take any opportunity she can. I love that fire.

Mangomango

On the Ice
Just re-watched Anna's Skate Canada performance... She's rocking that costume!!
She's amazing, I can't wait to see her skate again in CoR :D
I hope she improved on her spins and is ready to skate with more defined movements! Stravinsky is not an easy choice of music, and I love her for choosing it.
Such a Russian piece of music to go along with her elegance.

Her magic costume in the gala was beyond cool btw.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Thanks, Alba. I loved this part of her interview:

""I try to take something good from every strong skater. From Yulia Lipnitskaya, I take consistency, flexibility. From Mao, Kostner, Kim — stroking. From Zhenya Plushenko — his determination. I see that he still wants to skate. He even told us: I envy you, you are so young, I wish I were that young. He wants to skate. He's consistency is amazing."

flutz16

Match Penalty
she's indeed very attractive
not sure "sexy" should be called for a 16 year old, kind of creepy

Alba

Record Breaker
she's indeed very attractive
not sure "sexy" should be called for a 16 year old, kind of creepy

Well, that's how she is particularly in that pose - among other beautiful things - to my eyes. Very coquette. Not my fault. :rolleye:
Might sound creepy to you, but it's not a negative thing, IMO.
I'm also a woman interested in men, only. So, I have no other intentions, besides admiration, towards her. :sarcasm: :laugh:

flutz16

Match Penalty
Well, that's how she is particularly in that pose - among other beautiful things - to my eyes. Very coquette. Not my fault. :rolleye:
Might sound creepy to you, but it's not a negative thing, IMO.
I'm also a woman interested in men, only. So, I have no other intentions, besides admiration, towards her. :sarcasm: :laugh:

nothing wrong with being attractive but I dont consider 16 to be sexy yet
she's getting enough attention at skate canada for being an attractive, she's a better version of gold who can land the jumps most of the time.

Meoima

Match Penalty
nothing wrong with being attractive but I dont consider 16 to be sexy yet
she's getting enough attention at skate canada for being an attractive, she's a better version of gold who can land the jumps most of the time.
Well, to be frankly Anna is not as refined as Gracie. But she lands her jumps and she's more stunning.:p

flutz16

Match Penalty
also Pogorilaya imo is the most non typical of the Russian skaters
she is tall/long limb, jumps high and very good skating skills

but agree she needs to work on her spins and refining her movements