Anna Pogorilaya | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

Roman09

Final Flight
When I'm reading her status in VK page: "I go towards the aim :mad::mad::mad:" it becomes terrible to me :eek: (though I am not her rival)

s_parks

Record Breaker
Not any comment ? Poor Anna !

haha, i just kept thinking about the vid before leaving a comment :p
Her jumps look smaller and less stable than last season(except for 2a, she was always shaky on that), but it's only a test skate, so I shouldn't read too much into it. I like how she's trying to be more expressive and work on her presentation.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I wonder why Japan Open and WTT have been so generous about the prices. But anyways it's good for Ann. I am anxious to watch her Firebird LP. :love:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Anna had made a big development in her presentation last summer. I hope we will see more development this time.

I can say that her SP to Adagio seems promising. Now it's Firebird's turn, and surely it won't be any worse than last years Mermaid program (little bit painful to watch, sorry).

And I agree that skating in Japan Open will make her gain more reputation around the world!! Good luck!!

P.S: Is this why she has withdrawn from Nebelhorn maybe? I know they told it was an injury, but I think they kept this possibility secret then.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think her score should have been higher. But yes, she looks a little bit sloopy. It's still early so she can add some polish I am sure. Happy for her! :love:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Glad to see her jumps looking good. There's plenty of time to get more polished, as it's only early October. Hope she does well at Skate Canada!

Alba

Record Breaker
I wasn't convinced at first about the choice of Stravinsky for her, but I have to say that I like it.
I like the program, I like the music cutting and I like her skating (a part from the spins). It's still early on but I like it.
Bravo Anna.

Macassar88

Medalist
I really liked the program

I think that the costume could use some work, but mainly in the gloves. And it was better once she started skating

Imagine

Medalist
I like her program and costume (well, it could be a tad less bright)....the music is a bit random but overall good program

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Her arm movements have gotten better. She's finally maximizing her lovely arms! Music cut is better than I expected. Speed is good (can anyone else confirm her speed? She looks fast but I'm not sure if it's just the cameras), but she doesn't have enough control over it. I felt like she was rushing from element to element.

Spins are sloppy - she looks like a drunkard lurching about when she does them. What's with the messy hair?

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Well done Anna!! Really great start to new season!

But yes, she needs more development to get that spot to compete at Euros and Worlds.

starlight97

Final Flight
Right now, I can't see her getting a ticket to Euros or Worlds.
Radionova and Lipnitskaya are definitely too strong for this to happen and if Adelina shows concistency, she is as well.

BUT nontheless she has improved a lot and I think Firebird is a way bettet choice of music than Mermaids was.
She has the technical ability and IF she somehow managed to pull up her Components, I might be wrong about the not-going-to-worlds-and-Euros part ;)

hanca

Record Breaker
Right now, I can't see her getting a ticket to Euros or Worlds.
Radionova and Lipnitskaya are definitely too strong for this to happen and if Adelina shows concistency, she is as well.

I think it will depend whoever will deliver at nationals. And the Russian judges will be willing to slightly help to whoever shows consistency during GP events. I am saying slightly help because they won't be able to save anyone if the person doesn't skate well, but if they skate fine, the judges will gladly give higher PCS and GOE. They did it for Leonova twice or three times in the past. They were not able to make her win, but they did ensure she was high enough so that her reputation didn't get destroyed. Plus there is a lot of things that happen by an accident. Someone may have flu or be injured... I agree that Pogorilaya is at this moment Russian number 4, but as such she is in a very good position to be sent to Europeans/worlds.