Anna Pogorilaya | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

NaVi

Medalist
To think that as talented as Anna she still has little chances of going to WC, so sad.

Eh, I think that Pogo will go to either Euros or WC. If I had to right now guess the final outcome, I bet Yulia and Sot will go to both and Radio and Pogo will split them and do the world team championship. Liza will be the one left out but she'll have extra time to prepare for next year.

But it really depends on how well people skate at both the Grand Prix Finals and the National Championships.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'am kind of new to all this scoring in figure skating. Do you think that since she had 4th place in world's last year (in my opinion she deserved the bronze),could it somehow help in her getting selected this year as well?
Well, I can't tell. It's sooo sad for all these young ladies. I hope they will split the team so Anna can go to Euro.

adelia

Record Breaker
Tat's comments on Anna... bearing in mind everything she says to the media is politically motivated:

Russian figure skater Anna Pogorilaya won the Grand Prix of Canada («Skate Canada») and won a great compliment from Tatiana Tarasova. Honored coach of Russia believes that the 16-year-old Russian woman can enter into the elite world of figure skating and will compete with Adelina Sotnikova and Julia Lipnitskaya.
- On Anna Pogorilaya can only speak positively. She herself last year has proven itself very well. Again, very good! - With rich intonation Tarasova said. - For her, now is the difficult period. The time when a girl is made. And because Anna has not lost its shape, became mature, very capable. In general, along with coach Anna Tsaryova they big fellows. By the way, I had them last year congratulated after winning the Grand Prix stage in China. Anna tries to enter the elite figure skating. Moreover, they are now with the coach pose new challenges: to improve not only the hopping part, but also the choreography.

Soon, it may happen that our girls can not suffice three positions on the Olympic podium - it's a lot of talent. But recently this was impossible to imagine.

- Why could not imagine? This was presumably quite. Even before the Olympics in Sochi, said that we are growing very strong girl. You just have to watch what they say professionals. So, I have repeatedly stated that we have a very strong generation that girls best in the world. And, of course, I'm sure we will be able to claim the entire Olympic podium, because our coaches know what to do. They work professionally and deeply. However, it should be noted, very good working conditions.

However, for ordinary people performance at the Olympics in Sochi was a surprise ...
- I repeat, nothing unexpected was not - strictly speaking Tarasova, but softens tone. - Although, according to the gold medal - this, of course, is always a surprise. Gold is two times higher, more valuable than silver. But let otseit doubt - our girls were going to win! This was evident not only in the rating, but also on the competition: how they rolled with what set they represent themselves as individuals what they can do and what can be done. We have a very good girl. I will say more: we now have the Olympic champion in an individual skater Adelina Sotnikova. Her discoverer, was more difficult. But now the road to Olympus passed, thrown open to the Russians - the rest is already easier, and Adeline should set for itself the task of becoming twice and enter the history of figure skating.

Similar Do Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova and Pogorilaya character? Julia, we know very demanding on yourself and be unhappy even at first glance, ideal skating.

- All different in character. Identical no. But one thing they have in common: the fact that they want to win, the fact that they have the ability. Moreover, they do not sit with these abilities, her hands clasped, and improved.

Lipnitskaya and Pogorilaya - 16 years. The difference in a few months of age. How to avoid the problems of growing up, the transition from girl to girl?
- Dangerous Age begins at 15, it was in 15. Figure skating - it's not a prison, so Julia with Anna close no one will. Coaches know what to do, I once again congratulate them. Look, the season started, and already so many good results. Also Lipnitskaya - all already made, even Adelina returned quite early made in Sochi.

We saw trains Sotnikova - very selflessly.
- She became a different person: different rides, or hears and plays music. We've kind of sport called "Figure Skating" and not "jumps and spins." So, Sotnikova was a real skater.
https://translate.google.com.sg/tra...port.ru/gazeta/article-item/757150&edit-text=
http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/757150

NaVi

Medalist
Adeline should set for itself the task of becoming twice and enter the history of figure skating.

Unless Sot truly dominates over the next 4 years, I think it would be a mistake to send her to Korea for the individual event considering how much harassment she receives from Korean.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Well, sadly her spins is her weakness but I hope as the season goes she will improve.
So sad about the world team for Russia. Too many of them, all talented. To think that as talented as Anna she still has little chances of going to WC, so sad.

But I hope she will make it to GPF and make it BIG, like this exhibition program of her, FABULOUS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmSAn1zXK70

Yes! I'd love for her to perform that exhibition on a bigger stage with no mistakes, my favourite exhibition of the night, she's very creative and a wonderful performer

adelia

Record Breaker
Unless Sot truly dominates over the next 4 years, I think it would be a mistake to send her to Korea for the individual event considering how much harassment she receives from Korean.
If Adelina finishes top 3 at Nationals and at Euros in 2018, barring injury there is no reason at all not to send her to Pyeongchang.

Russian Nationals will be very interesting over the next 4 years.

Yamita

On the Ice
Just saw Anna's exhibition the first time. Thanks for posting, sorenkay and Meoima. It is jaw-dropping. I really love it!!!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I just saw Anna's EX! She is fabulous! She is beautiful, and sexy, I know she is 16 but she is..... wonderful skating!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Haven't watched her EX yet, but just caught up with the SC Ladies FS. Wonderful stuff from Anna. Really hope she makes it to the GPF, she deserves a spot there, espcially with her fascinating FS.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
And an interview with her... with a photo I'm assuming is new(though I thought the "medal" she was given was clear).

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/757803

quiqie added a cleaned-up English translation of this, at the link Alba posted. :)

I liked this part:

Q: You chose the music for your exhibition, didn't you? Why did you choose this song?
A: It's very beautiful and no one ever skated to it before. Choreographer Sergei Verbilo created such an interesting and captivating program with a costume change on ice...

Q: What was the reaction of other skaters, your friends?
A: My friends congratulated me on the victory, and they liked this number a lot. The skaters who were with me in the gala... I could see that they were surpised, but no one said anything aloud. It was different in Japan. I already performed this program at Japan Open. Meryl Davis and Charlie White, the Olympic champions, American ice dancers, were invited to skate there, and I was told that Meryl Davis said that my program was great. I was so touched by her comment...

Q: What do you want to say with this program, this transformation of a boy into a girl? Is it a a hint for Conchita Wurst that it's time to decide already?
A: It's his business! I just interpret the song. He sings about transformation, and I transform, taking off the wig and changing clothes. And in the end, I burn, my sparkly dress symbolizes fire.

I love Anna!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I just want to add my appreciation for Anna. Upon reflection, this is probably my fav Gala of the season so far. Most extraordinary surprise from this 16 years old.

She, Julia and Liza are my favourite young Russians, and I think if the politics do get behind Anna, she is on to extraordinary things. People have criticise her lack of polish but infact it is her rawness and lack of pretence that I like most about her. She skate with freedom and attack rather than tentativeness and over rehearsal, or imitation to a familiar style. Young skaters are meant to be raw, rather than overly practiced, it is what is what is fresh and interesting about them vs a seasoned veteran.

The fact she is still so raw means there are room for growth and areas she can eventually develop into her style, she can only get better, much better. I don't considered her style to be too Russian either, it is simply her own still to be refined. I like she is serious about her studies, from this interview and her choice of program I can see she is a serious and thoughtful young lady with great possibilities, hope she has the right people around her to realise them.