President Flatt?! | Golden Skate

President Flatt?!

So as I understand the election process, if Rachael's group wins there will be 6 co-presidents of the junior class. Looks like they have stiff competition from the Junior Mints and the Rush Hour Five. :)

Icey

Record Breaker
Gee, I am constantly amazed (and envious) at how many things she is able to juggle and seemingly do them all quite well.

Yes, she must have an incredibly steady temperament to be able to do all this stuff at once and not implode. Good luck in the election, Rachael!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I think it is very admirable that she knew when her time in competitive skating was up and found something else to excel at. So many skaters stay on as amateurs well past their prime and sacrifice college and beginning a professional career. I like seeing skaters take the perseverance and attention to detail they learned and applying it to achieve success in other endeavors.

(OK, and I admit that I'm happy she isn't trying to snag the 2nd or 3rd spot on the Olympic team.)

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
So does this mean she is giving up on going to the Olympics???

No, but I think if she takes on additional extracurriculars aside from her coursework it will be impossible for her to find the time to train to be competitive with Ashley, Gracie, and the other top Americans.