Thread: No "tantrums" for Davis and White

Hybrid View

Custom Title

News No "tantrums" for Davis and White

The actual title of the article is "Figure skating: Davis and White put tantrums on ice", which may sound misleading to some...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/figure-...417--spt.html#

I also read the comments and I guess I'm not surprise how people feel about this sport.

Custom Title
    Why on earth we would need this???

Love both couples but this article angers me the way its written. Both V/M and D/W have a right to feel they did everything they could to win, and find it hard to be second best when they put their heart into it. However the writer putting out statements like they were robbed and should be going for a hat trick, and no one would have blamed them for a hissy fit is ridiculous and also how does the author know every men woman and child inside the arena thought they won? She is just as bad as Dimanno. Best to be ignored.

Custom Title
    USFSA at its finest, Bravo!

While we are at it, why don't we talk about the 2011 WC? Do D/W really deserve the one and only Gold with V/M being the obvious superior at that time? Hat trick what?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'm surprised Reuters ran that article. In fact, I can't figure out why they did.

Custom Title
    Why would someone write an article like this?

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'm surprised Reuters ran that article. In fact, I can't figure out why they did.
    This is why:
    "Losing certainly ignites our fire and after what happened last year, it will be helpful to be able to say we are the reigning world champions heading into the Olympic year, especially since Scott and Tessa are the reigning Olympic champions.
    They are doing all they can to counteract the advantage they perceive V&M to have skating at home. Understandable, they want to win and want to better their odds with off ice chatter. At the start of the season we learn they have conquered their one and only weakness (connection) then we learn last week London is also Meryl´s hometown and now we are reminded that everyone and their dog think they were robbed in Nice so the only fair thing to do is send in one team as the reigning Olympic Champions and the other team as the reigning World Champions. All fine and well within their rights but can we now stop pretending they are any better or more gracious than V&M.

I feel sorry for Marina next season The only question left is who gets Romeo and Juliet and who gets Anthony and Cleopatra.