Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: No "tantrums" for Davis and White

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Besides his jumps all Plushenko did in his program in Vancouver was mug his way through his skate. He had no transitions or footwork and his spins were average. He deserved to lose with that kind of program. He showed a total lack of even trying to do a balanced program.
    By being an all triple skater lysacek didn't even have a real program. 1998 winner quad. 2002 winner quad, 2006 winner quads. Lysacek didn't have a balanced program. It was extremely regressive on jumps. now people do quads in sp and lp in much greater numbers than before because capping the jumps at triples in men's is ridiculous in men's skating . Plushenko did his quad triple and all his triples. He did level 3 and 4 spins and steps. He had a great personality filled performance with choreography that was so unique. He did everything and lost. He had the balanced program. His layout of jumps was 5/3 to Lysaceks quad free 3/5. Who cares. He didn't do a quad.

Custom Title
    Plushenko had transitions too. Just not nonsense inman transitions which are Nothing but movement for the sake of movement that mean nothing.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    I agree. Plushenko's jump content was more difficult, but the program was front loaded. Evan's jump content wasn't as high as Plushenko's, but he made up for the points every where else. It wasn't my favorite program of either skater, but Evan did a better job at ringing every point out of his program.

Since then, I believe the points have been adjusted to make quads more worthwhile, but it's still ice SKATING, not jumping IMHO. If Plushenko comes back, I'd like to see a program that's better choreographed, instead of just relying on jumps.
    This whole post is just why step sequences got reduced to one in the sp and why the second one in the lp became level 1 choreo step. Men were just saying "I'll never do a quad again!! I'll stop training them and just do nonsense all triple programs and get points with spins and steps and just do whatever meaningless movemnts to get pcs high in transitions". Luckily and for the good of the sport they revised urs and increased quad value and decreased step sequence value and hanged goe so men and judges would go not get to the point again where a man could actually win worlds and an Olympics by not doing quads. 2008 -2010 worst years for men's skating ever.

Custom Title
    Now men do layouts of 3/5 and even 2/6 with 2 quads so don't give me some nonsense that Lysaceks 3/5 all triple was worth anything and actually made him any kind of better than plushenko.

Custom Title
    I don't get why people are mad at meryl and charlie for this article. I can see being annoyed with the author.

Miserere Nobis
    I thought that Meryl and Charlie handled their disappointment with incredible class and grace. The "journalism" displayed by the author was pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by snsd View Post
    before I disliked meryl and charlie..... This article makes me hate them.!
    Awww. And they say such nice things about you.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snsd View Post
    before I disliked meryl and charlie..... This article makes me hate them

I hope Tessa and Scott beat them so badly!
    Well if they do beat D/W let's hope they can do so w/o resorting to a rest stop midway through their FD.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by meem View Post
    Well if they do beat D/W let's hope they can do so w/o resorting to a rest stop midway through their FD.

Seriously, I care more about seeing two "dances for the ages" than I do about who wins (although, of course, I'd love to see my home team win)...

but that was an awesome slapdown to a childish comment.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Awww. And they say such nice things about you.
    This. To be entirely honest, I've never understood "hate" for skaters. There are certainly skaters whose styles/jumps/artistry/competitive attitudes I don't like, but I don't presume to know them well enough to dislike them personally. And I respect all of them for the effort they put into their sport.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    ^^^^^ This.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3