Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Number of Spots for 2014 Olympics/Worlds

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I don't think that much will help if Chan goes clean of just 1 mistake he will win even in PCS
    Chan should be beating Fernandez on the PCS.

What I meant was the difference between them is not going to be so big as last season.

Custom Title
    Seems to me that the countries population, as well as placements at the previous worlds, should factor in.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Seems to me that the countries population, as well as placements at the previous worlds, should factor in.
    Indian skaters would be very pleased with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Yes. US, Russia and Japan should have a much harder time earning Olympic spots given there's so much more people (and as a result more skaters) living there.

Medalist
    I'm feeling less confident about Chan and Reynolds getting three spots now that Reynolds is having problems with his knee.

Custom Title
    Russia - 1 spot in men's

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Russia - 1 spot in men's
    Don't be so sure. What if Kovtun skates a clean FS and others bomb? Stranger things have happened.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Don't be so sure. What if Kovtun skates a clean FS and others bomb? Stranger things have happened.
    So kovtun has o finish in 13 to get two spot for russia?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittosuni View Post
    So kovtun has o finish in 13 to get two spot for russia?
    Top 10.

Custom Title
    He skates second in the free skate. 22 people go after him! Everyone would have to make so many errors. His score would have to be astronomical. Pcs too. How good it be going second even if his tech score was respectable.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    if PIGS fly, I also think 2 spots for Ladies with Leonova and Sotnikova bombing

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    if PIGS fly, I also think 2 spots for Ladies with Leonova and Sotnikova bombing
    Don't get the humour

Custom Title
    What rank does the ladies have to get in order for them to secure 1 spot for their country at the olympics? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bibi View Post
    What rank does the ladies have to get in order for them to secure 1 spot for their country at the olympics? Thanks
    Depends how everybody ends up placing. 24 spots in total are available.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    What are you talking about? Seriously, have you been paying attention this season.?
    a) Chan lost to Fernandez at SC
    b) He barely beat Fernandez at the GP
    c) Chan's Nationals (inflated right?) score is worse than Javier's Euros score.

If Chan falls three times and Fernandez is clean, Fernandez wins. I'd argue that Fernandez can beat a clean Chan now, but that's at least a debate.

I think France has a better shot than Canada to get three spots, but only slightly. D/R and MT/M are basically a lock for three the way they've been skating and the weak competition.
    It was too bad Fernandez did not have his best event, especialy as given the way the event was skated he was very easily capable of winning, but I am happy he won the bronze despite that he had problems in both programs. I am also happy the ridiculous GOE and PCS chasm the judges were giving Hanyu over him dissapeared at this event, and that he managed to come out ahead when both had mistakes (something I wouldnt have imagined happening before the event). I think he will be a major contender for gold next year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast