Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Practice reports

Thank you everyone for the videos and reports! Yu-Na is really in a wonderful shape, and her layback has improved a lot, it might even receive level 4... But I can't watch the videos (they're blocked in my country), can someone tell me how the Pairs practice was?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    Too bad the videos are blocked in the US.
    Strange, I got it yesterday, but can't today. From South Carolina here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Thank you everyone for the videos and reports! Yu-Na is really in a wonderful shape, and her layback has improved a lot, it might even receive level 4... But I can't watch the videos (they're blocked in my country), can someone tell me how the Pairs practice was?
    No, Yuna doesn't do enough features to get a level 4. She does a sideways (1 level), holds for 8 revs in basic (1 level), and haircutter (1 level). That's level 3. If she lowered her leg and sped up the rotation (like what Viktoria Helgesson does) she would get the level 4 w/o Bielmann.

Depends on how clear the increase of speed is. It's the most nebulous of calls for spin features...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    Kaetlyn Osmond did a beautiful Triple lutz/Triple toe-loop in practice
    That would be awesome if she did it in the competition. The starting order is up for the ladies and I was a bit surprised that Kaetlyn is skating so early (9th of 35). I'm afraid she'll get buried with so many great skaters performing after her. (Starting order: http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2013/SEG003.HTM)

Custom Title
    Why do those ustream videos have to be geoblocked :( WHYWHYWHY

On the Ice
    The ustream links worked for me and I'm in NY. Glad I got to see Ashley's run-through. She looks strong, 2axel-3toe was a good attempt, looked fully rotated to me. Skipping the salchow after has got me a bit worried but probably just taking a breather since she had to rush to get herself ready for the practice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    That would be awesome if she did it in the competition. The starting order is up for the ladies and I was a bit surprised that Kaetlyn is skating so early (9th of 35). I'm afraid she'll get buried with so many great skaters performing after her. (Starting order: http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2013/SEG003.HTM)
    This may work in Osmond's advantage without any of the top skaters in her group. She will have the opportunity to not have the pressure of them and should stand out amongst the other skaters in her group.

Banned
    More entertaining report on Day 2: http://ontd-skating.livejournal.com/1283869.html

Custom Title

Another clean sp run through by Yuna today. Two clean lp's and two clean sp's in total. I'm really looking forward to the competition tomorrow.

Custom Title
    does anybody know ANYTHING about how the young guns doing? Gracie, Kaetlyn, Adelina, Liza? I haven't heard any news anout Liza at all:(( Just seen Mishin saying not to be strict to her or smth like that..(

Custom Title
    The only thing I heard from Liza was that she wrote on twitter that her first practice went quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Another clean sp run through by Yuna today. Two clean lp's and two clean sp's in total. I'm really looking forward to the competition tomorrow.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast