Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 187

Thread: Practice reports

  1. #166
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    308
    Agreed, Yuna put on a clinic in the morning, and another clinic in the afternoon practice. Practically all her jumps would be +3's, no falls, no step outs, no pops, and its been like this all week. And for those who say Yuna is emotionless, she showed plenty of emotion in her run throughs. Carolina didn't show for either practice. Mao, in the same practice group as Yuna, was struggling with some of her jumps, didn't look all that happy, as a Korean contingent was cheering whenever Yuna hit a big jump. Kanako and Suzuki were very workmanlike and skating well. Osmond kept having 30 second flashes of brilliance, but would then stop. She also had two big falls and some wobbly landings.

  2. #167
    Custom Title starryxskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    208
    Why is Carolina only showing up to half the practices? She can't be this confident...

  3. #168
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by b-man View Post
    Agreed, Yuna put on a clinic in the morning, and another clinic in the afternoon practice. Practically all her jumps would be +3's, no falls, no step outs, no pops, and its been like this all week. And for those who say Yuna is emotionless, she showed plenty of emotion in her run throughs. Carolina didn't show for either practice. Mao, in the same practice group as Yuna, was struggling with some of her jumps, didn't look all that happy, as a Korean contingent was cheering whenever Yuna hit a big jump. Kanako and Suzuki were very workmanlike and skating well. Osmond kept having 30 second flashes of brilliance, but would then stop. She also had two big falls and some wobbly landings.
    Great to hear about Yuna's clean practices. I wish we had videos but it seems the organizers are being strict about fan-vids/non-official media.

  4. #169
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by starryxskies View Post
    Why is Carolina only showing up to half the practices? She can't be this confident...
    Didn't you see her SP score? She knows she's already won.

  5. #170
    Custom Title starryxskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Didn't you see her SP score? She knows she's already won.
    Taking a page out of Patrick Chan's winning LP books

  6. #171
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by starryxskies View Post
    Why is Carolina only showing up to half the practices? She can't be this confident...
    Probably a long-shot, but maybe to psych the other competitors out. I remember back in the 2006 Olympics, there was a short segment on figure skating practices on NBC and one commentator mentioned that one skater (I think it might have been Irina or Plushy) either didn't show up to or showed up only briefly to the rink to show that "Hey, I don't need this, I'm totes good."

    Or maybe she found another rink to train at or something.

  7. #172
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Probably a long-shot, but maybe to psych the other competitors out. I remember back in the 2006 Olympics, there was a short segment on figure skating practices on NBC and one commentator mentioned that one skater (I think it might have been Irina or Plushy) either didn't show up to or showed up only briefly to the rink to show that "Hey, I don't need this, I'm totes good."

    Or maybe she found another rink to train at or something.
    Well, Irina didn't exactly walk home with the OGM, while the lady who dominated the practices (Shizuka) did.

  8. #173
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Well, Irina didn't exactly walk home with the OGM, while the lady who dominated the practices (Shizuka) did.
    Yeah, but it's not like they knew that back then.

    Besides, Shizuka did some psyching out herself, what with her 3-3s and her 3-3-3s.

  9. #174
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,544
    Yuna's FULL LP run-through on Friday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=3AN-MSlyoNk#! She does everything, jumps, spins, steps and choreo!

    (video starts off vertically in the first few seconds, but rights itself quickly)

  10. #175
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,340
    ^ Thanks, Krislite!

    You know what makes me a little sad though? For the first time since 2008-2009 season, bothof Yuna's programs aren't my favorites. The SP honor goes to Kanako and the LP honor goes to Akiko. I've tried really hard to gush over Yuna's programs this season, to no avail. But it's great to see her out there in fighting form again.

  11. #176
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Didn't you see her SP score? She knows she's already won.
    also i think that's her training style. she's not one to do full run-throughs every day or go for everything in practice. the europeans on the whole seem to mark their programs and spend their ice time getting lose and comfortable.

  12. #177
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    ^ Thanks, Krislite!

    You know what makes me a little sad though? For the first time since 2008-2009 season, bothof Yuna's programs aren't my favorites. The SP honor goes to Kanako and the LP honor goes to Akiko. I've tried really hard to gush over Yuna's programs this season, to no avail. But it's great to see her out there in fighting form again.
    She's got one more season to go. I'm hoping her Olympic programs will be spectacular.

  13. #178
    Long live the Queen! YunaBliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by b-man View Post
    Agreed, Yuna put on a clinic in the morning, and another clinic in the afternoon practice. Practically all her jumps would be +3's, no falls, no step outs, no pops, and its been like this all week. And for those who say Yuna is emotionless, she showed plenty of emotion in her run throughs. Carolina didn't show for either practice. Mao, in the same practice group as Yuna, was struggling with some of her jumps, didn't look all that happy, as a Korean contingent was cheering whenever Yuna hit a big jump. Kanako and Suzuki were very workmanlike and skating well. Osmond kept having 30 second flashes of brilliance, but would then stop. She also had two big falls and some wobbly landings.
    Thanks for update. I think Yuna will blow everyone out of the water in the LP.

  14. #179
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Treviso, Italy
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Didn't you see her SP score? She knows she's already won.
    hahaha really funny...
    nope. she said in an interview that her coach would have chosen if she would go at practice yesterday or not. It's not that she is confident or something...also last year at words she didn't show up the day before the competition! last year was because she felt a little pain on her leg but this year I think it's to take off the pressure of the competition!

  15. #180
    Custom Title figuristka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Finland & Canada
    Posts
    1,366
    I cannot find any updated practices on ustream from Wed, thurs or Fri? Anyone find them? thanks
    Hope the ladies skate great and the winner doesn't have so many errors in the Fs as in men's. Go ladies !

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •