Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Practice reports

Custom Title
    Agreed, Yuna put on a clinic in the morning, and another clinic in the afternoon practice. Practically all her jumps would be +3's, no falls, no step outs, no pops, and its been like this all week. And for those who say Yuna is emotionless, she showed plenty of emotion in her run throughs. Carolina didn't show for either practice. Mao, in the same practice group as Yuna, was struggling with some of her jumps, didn't look all that happy, as a Korean contingent was cheering whenever Yuna hit a big jump. Kanako and Suzuki were very workmanlike and skating well. Osmond kept having 30 second flashes of brilliance, but would then stop. She also had two big falls and some wobbly landings.

Why is Carolina only showing up to half the practices? She can't be this confident...

Quote Originally Posted by b-man View Post
    Agreed, Yuna put on a clinic in the morning, and another clinic in the afternoon practice. Practically all her jumps would be +3's, no falls, no step outs, no pops, and its been like this all week. And for those who say Yuna is emotionless, she showed plenty of emotion in her run throughs. Carolina didn't show for either practice. Mao, in the same practice group as Yuna, was struggling with some of her jumps, didn't look all that happy, as a Korean contingent was cheering whenever Yuna hit a big jump. Kanako and Suzuki were very workmanlike and skating well. Osmond kept having 30 second flashes of brilliance, but would then stop. She also had two big falls and some wobbly landings.
    Great to hear about Yuna's clean practices. I wish we had videos but it seems the organizers are being strict about fan-vids/non-official media.

Quote Originally Posted by starryxskies View Post
    Why is Carolina only showing up to half the practices? She can't be this confident...
    Didn't you see her SP score? She knows she's already won.

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Taking a page out of Patrick Chan's winning LP books

Quote Originally Posted by starryxskies View Post
    Probably a long-shot, but maybe to psych the other competitors out. I remember back in the 2006 Olympics, there was a short segment on figure skating practices on NBC and one commentator mentioned that one skater (I think it might have been Irina or Plushy) either didn't show up to or showed up only briefly to the rink to show that "Hey, I don't need this, I'm totes good."

Or maybe she found another rink to train at or something.

Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Probably a long-shot, but maybe to psych the other competitors out. I remember back in the 2006 Olympics, there was a short segment on figure skating practices on NBC and one commentator mentioned that one skater (I think it might have been Irina or Plushy) either didn't show up to or showed up only briefly to the rink to show that "Hey, I don't need this, I'm totes good."

Or maybe she found another rink to train at or something.
    Well, Irina didn't exactly walk home with the OGM, while the lady who dominated the practices (Shizuka) did.

Well, Irina didn't exactly walk home with the OGM, while the lady who dominated the practices (Shizuka) did.
    Yeah, but it's not like they knew that back then.

Besides, Shizuka did some psyching out herself, what with her 3-3s and her 3-3-3s.

Yuna's FULL LP run-through on Friday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=3AN-MSlyoNk#! She does everything, jumps, spins, steps and choreo!

(video starts off vertically in the first few seconds, but rights itself quickly)

^ Thanks, Krislite!

You know what makes me a little sad though? For the first time since 2008-2009 season, bothof Yuna's programs aren't my favorites. The SP honor goes to Kanako and the LP honor goes to Akiko. I've tried really hard to gush over Yuna's programs this season, to no avail. But it's great to see her out there in fighting form again.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    also i think that's her training style. she's not one to do full run-throughs every day or go for everything in practice. the europeans on the whole seem to mark their programs and spend their ice time getting lose and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    ^ Thanks, Krislite!

You know what makes me a little sad though? For the first time since 2008-2009 season, bothof Yuna's programs aren't my favorites. The SP honor goes to Kanako and the LP honor goes to Akiko. I've tried really hard to gush over Yuna's programs this season, to no avail. But it's great to see her out there in fighting form again.
    She's got one more season to go. I'm hoping her Olympic programs will be spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by b-man View Post
    Thanks for update. I think Yuna will blow everyone out of the water in the LP.

Custom Title
    hahaha really funny...
    nope. she said in an interview that her coach would have chosen if she would go at practice yesterday or not. It's not that she is confident or something...also last year at words she didn't show up the day before the competition! last year was because she felt a little pain on her leg but this year I think it's to take off the pressure of the competition!

I cannot find any updated practices on ustream from Wed, thurs or Fri? Anyone find them? thanks
    Hope the ladies skate great and the winner doesn't have so many errors in the Fs as in men's. Go ladies !

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast