Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Practice reports

I heard that the air ventilation is really bad at the main arena, and that by the time the final group comes out, the air is really muggy. Is this true?

Last year, Worlds Nice had bad ice. This year, not only is the air ventilation bad, the rink itself is an ice hockey rink.

I really think that Worlds being the most important event of the season, ISU should take more care to provide first-rate facility and condition. No??

Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    I heard that the air ventilation is really bad at the main arena, and that by the time the final group comes out, the air is really muggy. Is this true?

Last year, Worlds Nice had bad ice. This year, not only is the air ventilation bad, the rink itself is an ice hockey rink.

I really think that Worlds being the most important event of the season, ISU should take more care to provide first-rate facility and condition. No??
    Really? I hadn't heard that but so many of the men looked exhausted and lacked their usual energy. I wonder if that was the case.

Custom Title

And the Euros in 2011 was held in that freezing Swiss arena.

High quality version of Yuna's clean LP full run-through: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GxKmca5n8Yo

Rinkside

Yep, that's right!! I know someone who skated in this rink and he said it's extremely difficult to get through the routines because air humidity is increasing with the time the competition goes on. Sometimes even the condensed water is dropping from the ceiling... So the first groups will have at least a bit of fresh air, the last groups won't... Really bad conditions for World Championships!!

Custom Title
    I thought we were told a year ago that if you had event tickets for the day, you would be able to view practices that day. Well, sometime over the last year that policy changed. Only if you have tickets for the first event, dance, can you watch todays 2+ hour morning ladies practice. I don't have tickets for dance, but decided to trek across town through the light snow to see if I could get in to the ladies 10:50 AM practice. The organizers could care less what I may have been told a year ago or that I have tickets for ladies sp and FS, the only way I could watch todays ladies pracdtice was with a ticket for dance.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by b-man View Post
    I thought we were told a year ago that if you had event tickets for the day, you would be able to view practices that day. Well, sometime over the last year that policy changed. Only if you have tickets for the first event, dance, can you watch todays 2+ hour morning ladies practice. I don't have tickets for dance, but decided to trek across town through the light snow to see if I could get in to the ladies 10:50 AM practice. The organizers could care less what I may have been told a year ago or that I have tickets for ladies sp and FS, the only way I could watch todays ladies pracdtice was with a ticket for dance.
    I was confused when I saw that policy online too. I have a ticket for ladies tonight and I would've loved to watch the practices.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13