Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice reports

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by inskate View Post
    This lady ( https://twitter.com/nrarmour/status/311171524319117314 ) has some practice tweets, mostly about YuNa.

According to ( https://twitter.com/TEDFLETT ), Adelina went for 3Lz-3T-3L (!), but fell on the loop.
    She did! She also tried a 3Lz-3L, which was landed but slightly underrotated

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Yuma practices her lp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7YCiOgCRVA

All clean including the flip. Her final combo spin is much improved.
    She looks amazing!! Yay! I am excite.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cheerio2 View Post
    She looks amazing!! Yay! I am excite.
    Well, it is just a practice, but she looks a bit fatigued. (Could be jet leg, sure). There are certainly shades of the old Yuna, such beautiful lines and stretch....but I wouldn't say she looks especially strong. Certainly though, her skating skills are on a whole 'nother level...

Thanks for the clip of Yuna! She is looking fit, trained and fabulous!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Yuma practices her lp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7YCiOgCRVA

All clean including the flip. Her final combo spin is much improved.
    She looks mighty good. Wow.
    Love the big lutz and the 3x3.

The only odd thing was her 2A-2T-2Lo barely cleared the ice. I remember she used to have big 2As.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by katymay View Post
    Well, it is just a practice, but she looks a bit fatigued. (Could be jet leg, sure). There are certainly shades of the old Yuna, such beautiful lines and stretch....but I wouldn't say she looks especially strong. Certainly though, her skating skills are on a whole 'nother level...
    Yeah, she did look a tad fatigued, and I don't expect her to be the same skater she was in 2010...it is 3 years later which is a long time in the figure skating world. Her 3-3 is just as beautiful as I remembered it though...wowzers.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by cheerio2 View Post
    Yeah, she did look a tad fatigued, and I don't expect her to be the same skater she was in 2010...it is 3 years later which is a long time in the figure skating world. Her 3-3 is just as beautiful as I remembered it though...wowzers.
    Isn't it though?! Such height! I suspect she may simply be conserving her emotional/physical energy for what's going to be a draining, pressure-filled week for her. I think she did all her jumps and spins (??) and just skipped over a few of the footwork sections.

Custom Title
    who is victor petrenko coaching

Custom Title
    I'm not there but I picked up the following tidbits from twitter:

- Ross looked faster in his SP runthrough (clean) than he did at Nationals

- when they called Max to do his runthrough Ross started clapping

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky458 View Post
    who is victor petrenko coaching
    Brezina.

Makes me miss those live competitons when you get to see practices too. Iam grateful for any video and info on practices. Especially Patrick,Dai and Yuzuru. Hoping they can remain on the podium even if not the same order.

Osmonds tweed said stuck in Toronto airport. Explains why she was not at the practice.

Custom Title

Practice reports

Her tweet was about 45 minutes ago. The ladies practice at the Budweiser Gardens rink was at 10:30am. I doubt she was stuck at the airport that many hours. They could drive to London in much less time (about 2.5 hours). She likely had no plans to attend the morning practice.

Perhaps she was hoping to attend the 6:30pm practice at the Western Fair rink, but missed it due to the plane problems. Although, even that practice would not have given her much time to settle in at her hotel if she is just flying in now. Perhaps she wasn't planning to attend any of todays practices?

Patrick was really on during practice today, Canadian ice is doing him well. (Half) standing O for him after he finished. Javier was really struggling throughout. Dai didn't land the 4T during the SP run through. I don't really remember details about Yuzu, sorry. I was kind of preoccupied filming him
    Honestly, besides Patrick, none of the top men were really killing it.

Brian is in pretty good shape too, he ran through his FS instead. He practiced a lot of jumps. I'm really excited to see him skate this week

Kovtun seems like a nice guy, I feel bad for him that he's under all this hate because of his fed. He was one of the few guys that went straight to the crowd of girls to sign autographs after his practice.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Osmonds tweed said stuck in Toronto airport. Explains why she was not at the practice.
    London is 1.30 min or so from Toronto. Could rent a car and drive instead of being stuck in Toronto. It's not like she is coming from Japan or Europe. I guess she didn't plan for practice, otherwise she would take time to arrive a day before to be all rested and prepared.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast