Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Practice reports

Miserere Nobis
    Yuna looked exhausted at the end of her SP. Hoping it's just tiredness from the jet lag that'll wear off by Thursday...

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Thank you for reports.

Javier was struggling in Euro practices too, especially the first days. I m not worried
    He didn't even show up on ice in the first day in euros because of losing skates

Quote Originally Posted by blackswanphoto View Post
    all the dance practice groups videos here!: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/29923868
    Thanks so much for the link. Got to see Patrick, Dai and Yuzuru my favourite boys

Custom Title
    Thank goodness, For awhile I thought I had been mispronouncing Yuna's name all these years lmao. Yes, Yuna does look incredibly ready to go.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Did Ashley do a 3/3 and/or 2ax/3
    She did a 2A-3T but stumbled a bit on the landing of the 3T (this was in her FS).

Custom Title
    Kaetlyn Osmond did a beautiful Triple lutz/Triple toe-loop in practice

Lovely free by Patrick so much better than any performance he did this season. 4-3t, 4t, 3lz,3A,3L,3f-half l-3s, 3lz-2t,2a. Unfortunately camera didn't move for Yuzuru on the feed so you cannot really see his free, Dai free in parts 4t prb landing,lovely 3A with the music,3A-2t,3l,3s,3f. Both Patrick and Dai look so beautiful and smooth on the ice compared to others.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    Kaetlyn Osmond did a beautiful Triple lutz/Triple toe-loop in practice
    That was great to see - but Katelyn seemed a bit spooked compared to the 3 Japanese skaters.

Akiko was awesome OTOH - clean 7-triple run through. I hope she brings it!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Both Patrick and Dai look so beautiful and smooth on the ice compared to others.
    oh I am so envious of those both who are at the arena and who can access to ustream! Would appreciate a lot if those people can keep telling us more on skaters and their practices, please.

Here's how to pronounce Oona's name.

http://www.talktomeinkorean.com/lessons/guide-yuna-kim/

ladies practices are now up online. Gold and Wagner looked very strong for their free.3lz-3t from Gold to start. No 3-3 from Wagner though during her music.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    He's been consistently pronouncing her name that way since Monday. It's weird--maybe there's a typo and he's reading "Una Kim" (with "Y" missing)?
    The only instance I recall from an English announcer pronouncing her name perfect was the Olympics (Her first name in right Korean pronunciation). Most times, it's Yuna, which is fine by how it's intended to be. A few times, I heard commentators (and maybe announcers) stuttering and pronouncing it weird.

I'm just wondering... aren't professional staffs in such an international event, including the announcer, supposed to have heard the big names? At least, STUDY THE NAMES? I mean, CALLING OUT NAMES IS THE MAIN JOB OF AN ANNOUNCER! I actually notice this once a while, like canceling out J's in English pronunciation-based names as if written in Italian. (Why don't they just call Jason as Yahson as well?) It frustrates me to notice such an amateur attitude; it doesn't take long to look up the entire list and search out names one's not perfectly sure of, even on-spot nowadays with smartphones. It's like attending a fashion event rehearsal, and have the host shout "Channel" (Cha- as in Chat) instead of "Chanel" (Cha- as in Chandelier). It's intolerable even if the announcer was to be a volunteer.

I'm sorry I'm so hysterical... but with a year-long anticipated event, I want things right.

Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    ladies practices are now up online. Gold and Wagner looked very strong for their free.3lz-3t from Gold to start. No 3-3 from Wagner though during her music.
    She's gonna play it safe and count on others to make mistakes. Might not work, though, as it seems so many of the girls are in excellent condition.

Custom Title
    well, I have been pronouncing it wrong. Yawn ah

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast