Practice reports | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Practice reports

Chris_E

On the Ice
The ustream links worked for me and I'm in NY. Glad I got to see Ashley's run-through. She looks strong, 2axel-3toe was a good attempt, looked fully rotated to me. Skipping the salchow after has got me a bit worried but probably just taking a breather since she had to rush to get herself ready for the practice.

hohoho

On the Ice
That would be awesome if she did it in the competition. The starting order is up for the ladies and I was a bit surprised that Kaetlyn is skating so early (9th of 35). I'm afraid she'll get buried with so many great skaters performing after her. (Starting order: http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2013/SEG003.HTM)

This may work in Osmond's advantage without any of the top skaters in her group. She will have the opportunity to not have the pressure of them and should stand out amongst the other skaters in her group.

Krislite

Medalist
Another clean sp run through by Yuna today. Two clean lp's and two clean sp's in total. I'm really looking forward to the competition tomorrow. :)

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
does anybody know ANYTHING about how the young guns doing? Gracie, Kaetlyn, Adelina, Liza? I haven't heard any news anout Liza at all:(( Just seen Mishin saying not to be strict to her or smth like that..(

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
The only thing I heard from Liza was that she wrote on twitter that her first practice went quite well.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Mao landed an absolute stunner of a 3a in the SP at 4cc. I did not think she had it in her any more, but she did, and she still has more of it!

quikrush

Rinkside
After the videos, my bets are on Yuna. Her interviews are even more intriguing than her practices. She looks determined and motivated. She looks as if she's here to win. And that's what I haven't really felt from her since Vancouver. I am so excited I can hardly wait.