Wagner looks to end U.S. women's figure skating spiral | Golden Skate

Wagner looks to end U.S. women's figure skating spiral

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This week, Wagner, now 21, returns to the World Championships as the first woman to successfully defend the U.S. title since five-time world champion Michelle Kwan in 2005 and a leading contender to end the longest stretch without an American woman on the World or Olympic medal podium.

More

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's basically a good article, but my goodness! I'm surprised they didn't blame Wagner's 2006 Worlds for SuperStorm Sandy! The collapse of the US economy! Global Warming!

LOL!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
It's basically a good article, but my goodness! I'm surprised they didn't blame Wagner's 2006 Worlds for SuperStorm Sandy! The collapse of the US economy! Global Warming!

LOL!

Seriously. When you have 3 entries, as we did in 2008, it takes two bad placements to lose the spot. But Nazi Germany... totally Ashley's fault.

snsd

On the Ice
yeah......goodluck with that ashley... hahahaha :laugh:

she will be lucky to get 4th IMO

guanchi

On the Ice
I thought US women had good spirals- look at Michelle's.

Now Ashley wants to end them, good god Ashley, what's next?
Ending our spins? step sequences??:mad:
You got some 'splaining to do young lady, will you destroy any more dreams?:scowl:
:biggrin:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Ashley is now an artist on ice. She reminds me of Kwan-her body-her attack. Though Ash has more complete programs a demanded by CoP. She's really improving her performance last two years. She is a joy to watch. I just hope she is truly confident, as she does much in practices that are not in her program. But if gold pushes jumps, Ashley must do them She still is more bravado than true confidence. Sad none of these folks have SOI to go to.

Why id FS dead here? I truly do not get it!!!!! It has glam, sex appeal, dancing, why are worlds not covered big time in usa?????? ggrrr

Icey

Record Breaker
THe title should have used the term downward spiral or spiral downward, as a spiral can be upward or downward.