Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 671

Thread: 2013 Worlds-Mens SP

  1. #151
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    67
    So I guess Russia won't get two spots for the next year..Does this mean Evgeni will have to go to a qualifying competition in the autumn, or the fact that Kovtun qualified for the long is enough? Btw, why do people dislike Kovtun so much...without the quad, Menshov score would have been the same....

  2. #152
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Irina89 View Post
    So I guess Russia won't get two spots for the next year..Does this mean Evgeni will have to go to a qualifying competition in the autumn, or the fact that Kovtun qualified for the long is enough? Btw, why do people dislike Kovtun so much...without the quad, Menshov score would have been the same....
    No, nobody will have to go to Nebelhorn as Russia has one host spot.

    And I dislike Kovtun's skating because his movements are wooden and his programs are totally empty.

  3. #153
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,786
    They have the host spot So a Russian man was always irrelevant here really for a spot. Kovtun was sent for two spots and with his epic meltdown in the sp it's impossible for 2 spots but Russia has one as host. If Russia was not hosting then nebelhorn would be needed or whatever the qualifying event was.

  4. #154
    Custom Title starryxskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    208
    Russia already has a spot secured for Sochi.
    I just feel so bad for Kovtun, but I mean... let's be real. We all knew this would happen. It was a risk Russian Fed wanted to take and with bigger risks come bigger disappointments

  5. #155
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    No, nobody will have to go to Nebelhorn as long as Kovtun earns at least one spot. This much he should be able to achieve.

    And I dislike Kovtun's skating because his movements are wooden and his programs are totally empty.
    Well, right now, it looks like Kovtun wouldn't make it assuming the next twelve skaters place higher than he. But doesn't Russia have a spot as the host anyway?

  6. #156
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    If Russia was not hosting then nebelhorn would be needed or whatever the qualifying event was.
    It wouldn't be needed because Kovtun would surely be able to earn one spot at least, unless he totally imploded in the FS.

    Quote Originally Posted by starryxskies View Post
    Russia already has a spot secured for Sochi.
    I just feel so bad for Kovtun, but I mean... let's be real. We all knew this would happen. It was a risk Russian Fed wanted to take and with bigger risks come bigger disappointments
    Yep, everybody knew this is what this was going to end like. Not like Menshov would have earned two spots either but at least he has earned his place here.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Well, right now, it looks like Kovtun wouldn't make it assuming the next twelve skaters place higher than he. But doesn't Russia have a spot as the host anyway?
    Russia does have a host spot, yes. Totally forgot about that, edited that in now.

  7. #157
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    67
    He is 7 now...so 19? Only the first 18 qualify directly?

  8. #158
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,786
    Kovtuns whole role here was for two spots and if this was for a non Russia Olympics kovtun wouldn't even qualify one but that's not true here.

  9. #159
    Custom Title starryxskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    208
    I'm pretty sure top 24 qualify for the long

  10. #160
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    67
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask this...but do you have any idea why is Gachinski doing so poorly? How is it possible for a skater to lose almost all his jumps in a few months?

  11. #161
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Irina89 View Post
    He is 7 now...so 19? Only the first 18 qualify directly?
    Russia is host so it qualifies. For 2014 worlds maybe no Russian man until a qualifying competition.

  12. #162
    Custom Title LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,396
    Well, this is all assuming Kovtun's placement remains exactly the same after the FS - don't you think he might be able to pass a few guys on the FS? (I'm not talking 2 spots - I'm talking this "he won't even earn one spot" business... )

  13. #163
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Irina89 View Post
    So I guess Russia won't get two spots for the next year..Does this mean Evgeni will have to go to a qualifying competition in the autumn, or the fact that Kovtun qualified for the long is enough? Btw, why do people dislike Kovtun so much...without the quad, Menshov score would have been the same....
    No, Russia has one spot guaranteed. What it means is that, unless the ISU changes anything, he will be expected to do both Team event and singles.

    People dislike Kovtun because of his skating, because of the way he got his spot (he certainly didn't earn it), and because he's a jerk on Twitter.

  14. #164
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    673
    Overall Impressions:

    Liebers: Finally a clean SP. It was about time he broke through the 70s internationally.
    Kovtun: Bleh, after he botched the combo I lost all attention. Now RUS has only one spot and Plushenko will have to skate 4 programs at Sochi, ohh the drama.
    Aaron: A bit overmarked but powerful and crowd pleasing performance. I like him.
    Ge: As ultra adorable as he is, im afraid he's becoming too one-dimensional in all his performances.
    Song: Damn Nan!! When your spot for the olympics is at stake you don't skate soo cautiosly and dull. Han Yan will eat you alive next year.

  15. #165
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    643
    All hail the penultimate group.

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •