Music: Dracula (soundtrack)

4T - turnout
3A - fall
FUSp
3F - stepout, no combo
CCoSp
StSq
CSSp

The meltdowns continue... what's happened with Verner? Anybody?

SP: 32.35 + 36.70 - 1.00 = 68.05
In 10th (out of 27)

Art&Sport

Medalist
I do agree with this.

Yeah, I could see 81 for that performance but not 85. Kevin happened to suddenly start landing quads consistently and top guys at 4CC faltered which helped Kevin win and now he's skating in Canada too, so he gets an additional boost. IMHO, Kevin still has a lot to do presentation-wise. I think Javi has a better look on the ice, a better sp and he emoted more than KR. Kudos for Kevin's determination, but the most that he improved is just landing quads, but that gets a competitor to the top faster than brilliant artistry with excellent jumps sans quad. That's figure skating.

icebeauty

On the Ice
also, i love Brian to death...but just no to that score...i felt like that program was so empty. oh and apparently, the media is reporting that Joubert got all level 4 spins :eek: (some one PLEASE rewrite the handbook when it comes for levels on spins please!)

Both Joubert and specially Amodio were waaaaay overscored. No spin, lying on the ice for ages and still getting 38 PCS ??? Kerrigan might scream tonight too.

jan

On the Ice
Totally agree. Don't talk about Reynolds being over scored when these 2 were WAY over scored.
Both Joubert and specially Amodio were waaaaay overscored. No spin, lying on the ice for ages and still getting 38 PCS ??? Kerrigan might scream tonight too.

icebeauty

On the Ice
Amodio overscored. I think Max was underscored a bit.

yes! if anything, everyone in this group BUT Max has been overscored...
i wouldn't go as far as to say Max was underscored, but rather he was scored correctly...everyone else...not so much.

LisaS

On the Ice
4S-3T and 3A looked close enough to me. 4T definitely should have been called though.

They indicated on TV that the 4T was under review and it turns out it was not underrotated. If it was under review by the judges and then was called as full rotation, how are you saying it should have been called.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Can not believe Amodios score, crazy. Disappointing from Verner but this seems to be his normal level now. Enjoyed Joubert, even if he has done this type of routine 1,000 times.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Why do I feel the commentary is about a JAbbott meltdown? um... just weird... I enjoyed TVerner's programs in the past; he always seemed like a competent dark horse. Now, not so much.

Icey

Record Breaker
what happened to verner? He showed promise and now it's been a long time since he hs had a decent performance.

Kinga

Medalist
Amodio's and Verner's scores are a joke. It's an insult to other skaters that did much better.
Verner does not even has presence on ice any more!Yet, he still receives massive PCS...