31 Yuzuru HANYU JPN
32 Denis TEN KAZ
33 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN
34 Patrick CHAN CAN
35 Ross MINER USA

Last edited by a moderator:

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Go Daisuke!!!! Also best of luck to Brian and Javier and Max! Hope everyone hasa great competition! I'm expecting in the 90's for the top short program scores, because I think this is going to be a great competition! Time to start getting nervous for your favorites...

Nervous for my favorites? At this moment, I'm nervous for everyone! It's almost here...eeek! This Worlds has become far more exciting than I could have expected.

Look at where Ross Miner is positioned. Talk about stressful. I hope he's got really good earphones to block everything out.

Go, Daisuke!

ETA: One of my favorite things is to look at the list of names. It's so diverse, from Mongolia, the Philippines, Kazakhstan, everywhere. I find something beautiful in that.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Nervous for my favorites? At this moment, I'm nervous for everyone! It's almost here...eeek! This Worlds has become far more exciting than I could have expected.

Look at where Ross Miner is positioned. Talk about stressful. I hope he's got really good earphones to block everything out.

Go, Daisuke!

ETA: One of my favorite things is to look at the list of names. It's so diverse, from Mongolia, the Philippines, Kazakhstan, everywhere. I find something beautiful in that.

Mongolia? I guess you mean Monaco. Kim Lucine skates for Monaco.

I completly agree that this event is looking super exciting. I even took a day off from work to be able to watch the men's SP.

Mongolia? I guess you mean Monaco. Kim Lucine skates for Monaco.

I completly agree that this event is looking super exciting. I even took a day off from work to be able to watch the men's SP.

Not Mongolia? I confess I'm a bit disappointed. I have to change my mental picture pronto.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I have to say, I thought that Lucine didn't sound very Ural-Altaic. But these days, everyone moves around so much--well, I had hopes. I love watching our sport spread around the world.

Art&Sport

Medalist
^^ Yeah, but it's all relative. And none of this is exactly new to Ross. As a competitor, you've got to be able to skate in whatever position you draw and be positive about it. He'll be the final skater and may surely by then have a good idea of what others have done. He'll just have to pace himself through his warm-up, then put on the earphones and tune it all out. And then be ready to get out there and get warmed again while Chan's marks come up. Ross is pretty cool and steady. The point is to be focused, but also just to enjoy. It's what they all work so hard for ... gotta be ready to rumble! :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Bah, humbug. I am in attendance at the Formula One and our day starts so early tomorrow that I'm going to miss the SP. Booey :(

Icey

Record Breaker
I hope someone can find a live stream to watch. I've been looking forward to this .

France had three spots but sent only 2. Did they not have another skater that could meet the minimums? I wish when a country didn't fill all of its places, an at large entrant could be sent based on rank or some such.

I hope someone can find a live stream to watch. I've been looking forward to this.

Eurosport will be showing it live and the Russian "Sport" channel possibly as well. Both are avilable on TVTeka.

France had three spots but sent only 2. Did they not have another skater that could meet the minimums?

They have a number of skaters who have the minimum score. And Chafik Besseghier was top 10 at Euros. The French Federation are just being morons again. :mad:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Pavel Ignatenko has withdrawn. According to his twiter he couldn't get his visa. :( :(

The BLR team is in the same situation, they have until tomorrow to arrive on London.

Pavel Ignatenko has withdrawn. According to his twiter he couldn't get his visa. :( :(

The BLR team is in the same situation, they have until tomorrow to arrive on London.

That makes me really angry. Stupid politics creating barriers and taking away opportunities from skaters.

Ignatenko has had the season of his life, having just placed 13th at Euros and 14th at Junior Worlds. He's been very consistent, landing 3axels in pretty much program IIRC. He could have earned an Olympic spot here. :(

On a totally different note, I know I am repeating myself but seeing Song Nan's name on the entry list makes me even more angry. Say goodbye to two Olympic spots China.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Not Mongolia? I confess I'm a bit disappointed. I have to change my mental picture pronto.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I have to say, I thought that Lucine didn't sound very Ural-Altaic. But these days, everyone moves around so much--well, I had hopes. I love watching our sport spread around the world.

Well, there was a Mongolian girl at Junior Worlds last year:

http://english.news.mn/content/98912.shtml
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wjc2012/CAT002RS.HTM

The minimum scores may prevent her from entering championships in the future, at least in the short term.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Not really. He's not exactly the beacon of consistency...

As you see it Ziggy, certainly don't mean it's written in stone either. In actual fact, Ross has been pretty consistent throughout his career whether or not you see it that way. ;)