Music: The Mask of Zorro (soundtrack) by James Horner

4S - nice!
1A
FUSp
3Lz+3T
CSSp
StSq
CCoSp

Big mistake on the axel will hurt him... Oh noo!

SP: 40.20 + 40.56 = 80.76
In 1st (out of 23)

gmyers

Record Breaker
Well, this is all assuming Kovtun's placement remains exactly the same after the FS - don't you think he might be able to pass a few guys on the FS? (I'm not talking 2 spots - I'm talking this "he won't even earn one spot" business... )

He may pass a few but not be in the top 10. Russia is host so all the qualify directly doesnt apply.

No, Russia has one spot guaranteed. What it means is that, unless the ISU changes anything, he will be expected to do both Team event and singles.

People dislike Kovtun because of his skating, because of the way he got his spot (he certainly didn't earn it), and because he's a jerk on Twitter.

A country in the team event doesn't have to do all 4 disciplines. So maybe plushenko skips team? Or if not just triples.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
for people streaming britisheurosport in the US - did you have to download something to get it work and if so, was/is it safe? It's saying i need to download and .exe file...and it makes me nervous.

I didn't need to. Chances are, you might have clicked on something you don't need.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pity about the axel, because the rest was pretty good! Last spin was a little wonky, though.

jan

On the Ice
Fernandez really lacked energy tonight. His skating skills are not in the same league as the Japanese or Chan.

World Ranking...Max didn't have any Senior GPs, only Senior Bs and 4CC to count.

Not true. He has:
- 2010/2011 JGPs and Final
- 5th 2011 World Juniors
- 4th 2013 Four Continents
- 5th 2011 Nebelhorn
- 1st US IFSC
- 2nd Cup of Nice

He wouldn't be as high as 27th if he didn't have all those.

Free Max Aaron! *kicks Tom Z away*

That is definitely true. FREE MAX!

sweetskates1

Medalist
Wow I am a fan of Javier Fernandez. I am in shock, even with the axel, he has made me fall in love with him this season. Both programs are unique, well-executed, wonderful to watch, and powerful!

starryxskies

On the Ice
I was so excited for Javi after his 4S and then his failed 3A was really disappointing. Solid skate other than that mistake though. His FS should be enough to make up for it if he really nails it and (if others falters a lot)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kevin REYNOLDS (CAN)

Music: Chambermaid Swing by Parov Stelar

4S+3T
3A
FUSp
4T - twofooted, turnout
CCSp
StSq
CCoSp

Solid skate for Reynolds (unless he get's < or <<)

SP: 47.69 + 37.47 = 85.16 (PB)
In 1st (out of 24)

BIG score!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, the young guns are bringing it!

Can the old guard keep pace?

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this...but do you have any idea why is Gachinski doing so poorly? How is it possible for a skater to lose almost all his jumps in a few months?

I was wondering about that too. It normally happens to a lady skater, not man, and doesn't look his body changed.