2013 Worlds-Mens SP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds-Mens SP

happyskate6

Rinkside
Loved Kevin's skate - thought it was his best SP of the year. Fernandez - everything was there! So exciting to watch...shame about that axel!

sweetskates1

Medalist
YAY BRIAN!!! So happy for him!! SO solid. That was so fun to watch. Compared to Max Aaron's similar genre of program, Brian's was definitely the better one. His ending pose could've been better though.

I agree, I am very excited for BJoubert. Wish that Lysacek could come back like he has. I was never a fan of BJourbert and I kept thinking that MAaron was a less mature version of him. Let's see how they do during the FS.

Ziggy being a troll as usual. (although, I give you that his second quad was not great)

Huh?

Both 4salchow and 3toe were cheated a little bit. Less than 1/4 but judges are supposed to deduct -1 for such cheats still.

3axel could have been ok but it was a skiddy landing on top of a stalked take-off so -1 for that as well.

4toe was cheated a bit. Maybe less than 1/4 but even if, the following deductions should apply:
-1 to -3 for touch down of free foot (depending on how heavy the two-footed landing was)
-1 for the turnout at least
-1 for the cheat at least

Adding all those up = -3

So no, I don't understand how he could have placed first, especially given his basics aren't great.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
And now Amodio... I think I love them all... oh no no quad

and he is lying on the ice, ****!

starryxskies

On the Ice
Is it weird if i say Amodio's facial expressions even resemble Morozov during the Moro-moves? It's just too funny.

Omg that fall....I love how he laughed it off.... but I hope he's ok...oh no...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Florent AMODIO (FRA)

Music: Memories of Sobral by Sebastien Damiani

3S
3A
FCSp
StSq
3Lz+3T
CSSp
... completely whiped out on entry to CCoSp, stayed flat on his stomach for quite a while

SP: 37.99 + 38.74 - 1.00 = 75.73
In 5th (out of 26)

Art&Sport

Medalist
I do agree with this.

Yeah, I could see 81 for that performance, but not 85. I'd say even Javier had a better look on the ice and emoted more than Kevin. It's just Kevin suddenly proved he could land quads consistently and happened to perform better than top guys at 4CC, plus Worlds is in Canada. Kevin still has a lot of work to do IMHO presentation-wise, but who cares as long as he's got quads and appears to some eyes to be landing them with URs.

Kinga

Medalist
Good effort from Joubert, but Im so over his boring same old same old programs. He scored too high IMO

sweetskates1

Medalist
Yeah, I could see 81 for that performance, but not 85. I'd say even Javier had a better look on the ice and emoted more than Kevin. It's just Kevin suddenly proved he could land quads consistently and happened to perform better than top guys at 4CC, plus Worlds is in Canada. Kevin still has a lot of work to do IMHO presentation-wise, but who cares as long as he's got quads and appears to some eyes to be landing them with URs.

I agree, JFernandez totally eclipses KReynolds when it comes to interpretation.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Sometimes I feel that FAmodio tries too hard to be too unique and too new but his fall and samba moves at the end of the sp make feel that he is the real deal.

icebeauty

On the Ice
Sometimes I feel that FAmodio tries too hard to be too unique and too new but his fall and samba moves at the end of the sp make feel that he is the real deal.

^^^ yup! it just proves that the what he's doing on the ice, is just him...no faking...as good of a recovery as i've ever seen...keep that crowd happy!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
75 for no points for a spin and not quad???? Amodio was way overscored

I have to agree. In addition, I'm surprised he didn't get hit with a deduction for excessive interruption to the program. When he fell... he just lay there for quite some time.

I think the scoring for this group in general has been generous.