2013 Worlds-Mens SP | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds-Mens SP

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
That score...I mean he deserves first place and by a margin, but this is too much. 95 would've been ok, too.

Ambivalent

On the Ice
You can't win Worlds in the SP but you sure can lose it. Unfortunately for Yuzu and Daisuke, that's exactly what happened. :(

jan

On the Ice
You have got to be kidding me with your comments!!! There is noone close to him..Skating skills etc. Even his spins have really improved.
Come on, I expected 95, not 98. I mean the main thing Chan did was eliminate the mistakes he's been making all season. Not much else, except his artistry has been better all season.

Kinga

Medalist
PChiddy is looking quite good tonight. Best I've seen him this season.

Hard to believe that Chan's performance meets such a lukewarm reaction... If that was Dai skating, this forum would explode in admiration...

I have no words for Chan's SP. It was just... FABOLOUS! I forgot what all the other competitors did. Period.

flaneur

On the Ice
What a beautiful skate by Chan. Impressed by his ability to put in a triple after that quad.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ross MINER (USA)

Music: Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini by Sergei Rachmaninov

4S - fall
3A - hangs on
CCoSp
3Lz+3T - hangs on
CCSp
StSq
FSSp

Struggles with the jump, but I'm not sure where this will put him.

SP: 35.21 + 36.03 - 1.00 = 70.24
In 14th (out of 34)

Looks very disappointed...

LRK

Record Breaker
Congratulations Patrick Chan. He has to have a severe severe meltdown in the LP not to win.

Indeed. Simply severe will not cut it - does he even need to show up for the free, really?

(I'm curious - as per the pairs thread, all the competition is controlled by the Rus fed - soooo.... what is their evil devious plan in this, I wonder.... ?)

jan

On the Ice
Well said! One of the best short programs in history.
Hard to believe that Chan's performance meets such a lukewarm reaction... If that was Dai skating, this forum would explode in admiration...

I have no words for Chan's SP. It was just... FABOLOUS! I forgot what all the other competitors did. Period.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Ah well. The stakes are too high, and too bad for Ross. Either he let Chan's high score distract him, or he was too keyed up and not ready to perform the quad. He was so good at NHK, particularly in his fp and he was fairly steady at U.S. Nationals. If anything, it's probably been the trying to maintain consistency on his quad, while seeing other guys raising the stakes even higher that maybe has contributed to his quad not being steady through this latter half of the season. Ross had a good chance to place well if he'd skated solid and stayed up on the quad even if it was slightly two-footed. As it is, he didn't seem to even get all the rotations.

Oh well. Cheers to Denis.

icebeauty

On the Ice
i'm fine with Ross's score since he had a fall on the quad and he didn't look particularly comfortable (i'm sure going last and after Patrick didn't help)...but when you compare what some of the other guys who finished ahead of him got away with...i have to say, i'm a bit disappointed with the judges tonight...:disapp:

LRK

Record Breaker
Hard to believe that Chan's performance meets such a lukewarm reaction... If that was Dai skating, this forum would explode in admiration...I have no words for Chan's SP. It was just... FABOLOUS! I forgot what all the other competitors did. Period.

Yes... And you don't wonder why that would be? Why is Dai so much more loved?

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Chan really nailed it, there is no way he can lose it from here. I would love to see Ten stay on the podium but I doubt it. Second and third are still up for grabs.

Denis Ten saves the day!

Patrick Chan skates ok but is the home favourite and doesn't fall 10 times so gets crazy scores.

And Hanyu is still gonna score ahead of Max Aaron, natch. Well, oops, I wrote that after Hanyu's first mistake, so yeah he's behind and should be. What a sport (not art).

IMHO, neither Brezina, Joubert nor Reynolds have got much of anything over Max Aaron in terms of PCS. Where are they better truthfully -- none of them is really musical or interpretive, and Brezina's program lacked choreo big time. Giving Joubert level 4 on his spins is a crime.

You want the short list or the long? ;)

Brezina has better posture and lines. Probably basic skating as well. But yeah his program was terrible also.

Joubert has very strong skating skills. His edges are amazing, deep and smooth. He actually moves in time to the music. The program wasn't great either, yes. (Giving him Lv4 is not a crime, he met the criteria).

Reynolds had much more complex choreography, moved in character of the music and in time to it.

Just off the top of my head.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Hmmm, Miner got hammered harder than I expected. Hopefully he comes back fighting in the FS.

These last 3 groups did not end up as I expected. Wow. Particularly Fernandez 18 points behind Chan.