Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLola View Post
    Any livestream available?
    check messages #28 and #29 in this thread

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Maybe I'm in no teknik but I don't understand why Heekin-Canedy/Dun are leading. Elements weren't that well executed and the program seemed really generic. You could have played anything over that, really.
    I don't get it either. I thought they were a bit of a mess, frankly. The music was some strange mashup of ballroom and Gaelic jig/reel. And the choreography seemed like a weird conglomeration of OTHER teams' greatest hits: a little White/Davis rotational lift here, a little Bourne/Kraatz hydroblading there, but none of it performed particularly well.

Ah well, maybe someone else can explain it.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by auser View Post
    check messages #28 and #29 in this thread
    Thanks a lot!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Isabella Tobias looks completely unrecognisable. A very serious haircut, much lighter complexion, very natural make-up. Not saying she looks bad but BRING BACK THE SLAP!

Come on, this is ice dancing. We want to see bronzer overuse, fake eyelashes, a crapload of rhinestones and OTT make-up.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Fun exhibition performance from P&B from 2012 Nice World Championships Gala shown on http://www.ltv7.lv/files/player-lice...autostart=true

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Come on, this is ice dancing. We want to see bronzer overuse, fake eyelashes, a crapload of rhinestones and OTT make-up.
    And that's just the men...!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    And that's just the men...!

Very appropriately to this conversation, Lady Gaga is playing in the arena at the moment.

I am very disappointed that we are yet to see a Lady Gaga FD performed by a team dressed like drag queen aliens.

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe I'm in no teknik but I don't understand why Heekin-Canedy/Dun are leading. Elements weren't that well executed and the program seemed really generic. You could have played anything over that, really.
    I'm definitely in no teknik, cos I found the scoring rather perculiar in that last group. I think everyone was shocked when the Ukrainians went in 1st place - it was nice, flowed well, but was very open - and frankly, I think the Lithuainians (minus the slap) are lucky to be ahead of the Spanish. That Oklahomo routine was interminable! And I usually LOVE cheezy Musicals, but it was seriously missing a change of music/rhythm. Plus he made a mistake in a twizzle.

But generally, enjoying the SD lots! Think the 2 Ps, Piper and Paul should be leading, but once again, what's with the staid grey outfit. Should've worn a Cockney inspired mirror clad silver/black shiny waistcoat at least for Mary Poppins! Thought the music fitted in very well with their first Yankee Polka sequence. Perfectomundo!

Medalist

0 Not allowed!

Very appropriately to this conversation, Lady Gaga is playing in the arena at the moment.

I am very disappointed that we are yet to see a Lady Gaga FD performed by a team dressed like drag queen aliens.

Maybe we will get luckier in the free skate... I imagine those other-worldly outfits might be difficult to polka in.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Well Ice Dance is not exactly known for being cutting-edge when it comes to music. There are HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of polka records out there--and teams are skating to Mary Poppins and Oklahoma? It's like hoe-down hell in bad summer theater.

ETA: Oh wait, this is a European couple so OF COURSE it's TECHNO hoe-down hell. LOL!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Guess it's back to watching the Latvian stream and not understanding a word (this afternoon while watching the Ladies SP somehow I ended up with the Latvian video and the audio of the British commentators which was great for me).

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    So Shtork/Raand are back to bombing.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by meem View Post
    Guess it's back to watching the Latvian stream and not understanding a word (this afternoon while watching the Ladies SP somehow I ended up with the Latvian video and the audio of the British commentators which was great for me).
    I did the same for the mens SP yesterday. Too bad ESP2 UK seems to be relentlessly showing snooker

0 Not allowed!
    Strange sudden ending from the Czechs (and Neil Brown).

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast