2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

Kinga

Medalist
I think Pipper would look great in short hair. Long hair does not suit her at all.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
More skirt hanky panky from the Italians. I'm sensing another theme here. I just know someone is going to combine the two and look up Mary Poppins skirt!

Maybe I'm in no teknik but I don't understand why Heekin-Canedy/Dun are leading. Elements weren't that well executed and the program seemed really generic. You could have played anything over that, really.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Maybe I'm in no teknik but I don't understand why Heekin-Canedy/Dun are leading. Elements weren't that well executed and the program seemed really generic. You could have played anything over that, really.

I don't get it either. I thought they were a bit of a mess, frankly. The music was some strange mashup of ballroom and Gaelic jig/reel. And the choreography seemed like a weird conglomeration of OTHER teams' greatest hits: a little White/Davis rotational lift here, a little Bourne/Kraatz hydroblading there, but none of it performed particularly well.

Ah well, maybe someone else can explain it.

Isabella Tobias looks completely unrecognisable. A very serious haircut, much lighter complexion, very natural make-up. Not saying she looks bad but BRING BACK THE SLAP!

Come on, this is ice dancing. We want to see bronzer overuse, fake eyelashes, a crapload of rhinestones and OTT make-up. :p

And that's just the men...!

:biggrin:

Very appropriately to this conversation, Lady Gaga is playing in the arena at the moment.

I am very disappointed that we are yet to see a Lady Gaga FD performed by a team dressed like drag queen aliens. :(

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom

I'm definitely in no teknik, cos I found the scoring rather perculiar in that last group. I think everyone was shocked when the Ukrainians went in 1st place - it was nice, flowed well, but was very open - and frankly, I think the Lithuainians (minus the slap) are lucky to be ahead of the Spanish. That Oklahomo routine was interminable! And I usually LOVE cheezy Musicals, but it was seriously missing a change of music/rhythm. Plus he made a mistake in a twizzle.

But generally, enjoying the SD lots! :) Think the 2 Ps, Piper and Paul should be leading, but once again, what's with the staid grey outfit. :confused: Should've worn a Cockney inspired mirror clad silver/black shiny waistcoat at least for Mary Poppins! :p Thought the music fitted in very well with their first Yankee Polka sequence. Perfectomundo! :cool:

auser

Record Breaker
:biggrin:

Very appropriately to this conversation, Lady Gaga is playing in the arena at the moment.

I am very disappointed that we are yet to see a Lady Gaga FD performed by a team dressed like drag queen aliens. :(

:laugh:
Maybe we will get luckier in the free skate... I imagine those other-worldly outfits might be difficult to polka in.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well Ice Dance is not exactly known for being cutting-edge when it comes to music. There are HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of polka records out there--and teams are skating to Mary Poppins and Oklahoma? It's like hoe-down hell in bad summer theater.

ETA: Oh wait, this is a European couple so OF COURSE it's TECHNO hoe-down hell. LOL!

meem

On the Ice
Guess it's back to watching the Latvian stream and not understanding a word (this afternoon while watching the Ladies SP somehow I ended up with the Latvian video and the audio of the British commentators which was great for me).

auser

Record Breaker
Guess it's back to watching the Latvian stream and not understanding a word (this afternoon while watching the Ladies SP somehow I ended up with the Latvian video and the audio of the British commentators which was great for me).
I did the same for the mens SP yesterday. Too bad ESP2 UK seems to be relentlessly showing snooker:)

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Strange sudden ending from the Czechs (and Neil Brown). ;)