2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

Lowest and highest scores don't count.

In any case, 4.75 sounds about right, generous even. :p

I mean their movement had hardly anything to do with the music, I wouldn't be that surprised if there was one gutsy judge who decided to reflect that with their scores.

I'm quiet sure that the 4,75 for IT was an accident. Look at the complete row of this single judge. He just gave 2s and 3s GOE. If the timing would have been that bad, he / she had had to reflect that in the GOE as well - and than the GOE must have been in minus. (I even guess that it was the US-judge, b'c the overall score of this judge was the highest for S/S.) I watched the program again. Maybe you right: Timing / Inpretation is not their biggest strength, especially they dont have many movements to catch all the fine nuances of the music. But the pattern dance part was well done in timing, the midline step sequ. was well done in the phrasing . So there was no reason to go down like that.

jolen

Rinkside
You are full of baloney and here you go with about your 10th post in this thread bashing Paul Poirier. Crone & Poirier did not receive high marks only from Canadian judges - you totally omitted that they won medals on the Grand Prix circuit as a team, as well as winning a medal at the Grand Prix Final. They also finished as high as 7th at the Worlds and had a decent score at the last Olympics too. So your theory that Poirier only receives high marks from judges at the Canadians is totally false.

Chock had more and better national and international results than Gillies, which also speaks to their respective abilities or lack thereof. Chock is a superior skater and performer. There is no jarring difference between partners with C/B as there is with G/P. The judges marked to the weakest link in the partnership and not to the results Poirier had with another partner who matched his skating skills. I think the judge that gave G/P all 5s for PCs at 4CC got the point across - mark the team not one individual skater.

Of course, they will move up in rankings. Everyone will when d/w, v/m, p/b, c/l and some others retire after Sochi.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I don't think it's all on them but rather all their competitors are performing at a higher level. They were close to a personal best yesterday and was still 8th. (In 2011 they were 4th with nearly the same score).

I do think that the judges do not care for their SD as it's been scoring low all season though judges seem to like the execution of it. Their PCS is where they are in a world of hurt.

Their FD has been better received and the scores between 5th and 9th are pretty close so they could move up.

In the end, I don't think the 4.75 error affected things that much given, as Doris points out, the lowest scores are thrown out anyway.

Going by the assumption that the judge meant to give the Shibs a 8.75, then their score would have been about two-tenths higher than what they ended up getting because they would have dropped the 7.25 they got from another judge as their lowest score, and the 8.75 would have been thrown out as their highest score, so they would have kept one of their 8.50s.

Thanks Mathman for the welcome back. :D

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The fault lies in the system. There are no edits to monitor questionable input. When a judge enters all marks higher than 7 except for one 4.75 there should be an audible warning that the mark is out of line and give the judge a chance to correct it or acknowledge that it is correct.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
In honor of Isabella TOBIAS / Deividas STAGNIUNAS...

Oooooooooooooohk-lahoma
You never thought a short dance was this long
Although it sounds so strange
The tempo will never change
Throughout this entire dance and song!

Oooooooooooooohk-lahoma!
It's the short dance that never ever ends!
And if you think it will
We will keep going until
We must dance the polka pattern again!

[Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Ad infinitum. Ad nauseum.]

NB: I could smack them because I've had that stupid song in my head all day. And I blame them!

queen

Rinkside
They skated same choreography in whole season.They are liked by the public and by the judges.They skated quite well in the Worlds.How can same Polka with same music receive TEMPO deduction?
If it was wrong tempo or wrong music this deduction/s should be before.The result was really ridicoulus.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This is true. This sort of thing should never be sprung as a surprise on the skaters at Worlds, and especially a Worlds before Olympics.

And it shouldn't be at the whim of one person (the referee) either.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
In honor of Isabella TOBIAS / Deividas STAGNIUNAS...

Oooooooooooooohk-lahoma
You never thought a short dance was this long
Although it sounds so strange
The tempo will never change
Throughout this entire dance and song!

Oooooooooooooohk-lahoma!
It's the short dance that never ever ends!
And if you think it will
We will keep going until
We must dance the polka pattern again!

[Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Ad infinitum. Ad nauseum.]

NB: I could smack them because I've had that stupid song in my head all day. And I blame them!

Ha ha! A group of us in upper nosebleed were singing along and having a great gigglefest!