2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
If the Czechs worked on matching their lines, they would look so much more polished. Nice rotational lift. But it sort of petered out at the end (and that ending was rather abrupt).

If the Czechs worked on matching their lines, they would look so much more polished. Nice rotational lift. But it sort of petered out at the end (and that ending was rather abrupt).

Do you have a background in dance? Your comments are very helpful and you notice a lot of things. :)

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Thank goodness Weaver & Poje are skating here since it looks like I predicted Gilles & Poirier are too weak to even have kept that 3rd spot on their own. Then again it is their own spot (or their own chance of even getting to the Games) they would have lost in that case. Hopefully next year a better matched and superior team overtake them as Canada's #3. Canada needs to get over their lovefest for Paul Poirier already, which has already cost Canada the bronze at the 2011 Worlds and other things. International judges dont think he is that amazing and never will, no matter how much over the top love the CSA showers on him and his various partners.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank goodness Weaver & Poje are skating here since it looks like I predicted Gilles & Poirier are too weak to even have kept that 3rd spot on their own. Then again it is their own spot (or their own chance of even getting to the Games) they would have lost in that case. Hopefully next year a better matched and superior team overtake them as Canada's #3. Canada needs to get over their lovefest for Paul Poirier already, which has already cost Canada the bronze at the 2011 Worlds and other things. International judges dont think he is that amazing and never will, no matter how much over the top love the CSA showers on him and his various partners.

Elaborate, please. I'm not how a Canadian #3 team could have cost Canada the World bronze.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Elaborate, please. I'm not how a Canadian #3 team could have cost Canada the World bronze.

Weaver & Poje's reputation was down after losing to a subpar Crone & Poirier at the 2011 Canadians, which was frankly an enormous joke. Had the CSA been backing W&P rather than the overrated and never that good C&P that season, W&P likely would have won the Worlds bronze given how the event went down.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Ziggy, what the hell happened to the Turks' scores? :confused: Disgraceful! And what was the deduction for?

They skated with such attack, as good as at Euros, and such a fab routine.

How smiles turn to confusion.

Anyway, I thought they were great! So continue - even though they won't qualify here.
Teprik etderim, canim. :cool:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Do you have a background in dance? Your comments are very helpful and you notice a lot of things. :)

Thank you--that's a nice compliment. My neighbor is a dancer with the New York City Ballet and we talk alot of dance; she's snuck me into some rehearsals. And I used to see ALOT of Broadway and dance shows before I got poor (!). I just tell you what I see--I don't really know the "tech" stuff at all with ice dance. For example, I just loved the Turks--they're the first couple since the Spanish to show something resembling a PERSONALITY on the ice (Poirier did, but with Gilles it's almost as if I could feel her counting beats/steps). And the Turks *committed* to their choreography--for example, they really went for their hydroblading, straight-line lift, etc. Now with the Belarussians, it's more generic hoe-down music (and a polka is NOT a hoe-down).

auser

Record Breaker
Did Yurii BIELIAIEV put his foot down too soon during twizzles, or is it just my viewing angle?

Anybody watches on Russian Sport 2 and knows what the commentator said about the Belarussan team? Their luggage didn't arrive or something?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hmm Gilles and Poirer did not score well or do well here at all. They might not be top 15. I do wonder how the second French team will do as well as the British team and the germans these are what I call vulnerable teams - could do really well bottom of top ten or be even out of the top 15 or so. Kind of like G and P. Canada might be left with two spots if Weaver and Poje are too injured - which brings me to the white elephant in the room why haven't we heard much about their progress or P and B even???? Mind you Kevin Reynolds had an injury and said he ws 90 0r 95% and he is in third in men's so who knows?????

leokitty

Spectator
Anybody watches on Russian Sport 2 and knows what the commentator said about the Belarussan team? Their luggage didn't arrive or something?

Phil Hersch tweeted that their luggage was lost at least in part and that they skated using borrowed skates.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
What happened to the Turkish team... they were very good to me, I go to the kitchen I come back and they are dead last!! wow..

Ziggy, what the hell happened to the Turks' scores? :confused: Disgraceful! And what was the deduction for?

They skated with such attack, as good as at Euros, and such a fab routine.

How smiles turn to confusion.

Anyway, I thought they were great! So continue - even though they won't qualify here.
Teprik etderim, canim. :cool:

I have no idea. I guess they were totally hammered on the levels. I personally thought the performance wasn't as strong as at Euros. Elements weren't as sharp and didn't have the same fire. But I definitely didn't expect them to place dead last. :/

I am not sure if they are able to obtain citizenship for her but hopefully they can and then they can earn their Olympic spot at Nebelhorn.

Did Yurii BIELIAIEV put his foot down too soon during twizzles, or is it just my viewing angle?

He stepped out of the second twizzle, yeah.

Skate97

Rinkside

Their luggage, including skates, didn't arrive. They skated in borrowed skates--hers from Scott Moir's cousin, his from a local pairs skater (so not dance blades).

mis751

Rinkside

Yes, their luggage is lost and they were skating in borrowed skates.

LisaS

On the Ice

The Belarus teams are borrowing someone elses skates, since theirs did not arrive. The Lady is wearing Sherri Moirs skate (Scott Moirs cousing or aunt or something) and the Man's is wearing a skaters skates from the Strathoy Skating Centre, forgot the name

OMG that's crazy! Such a horrible thing to happen. At their first senior performance ever as well.

That was not such a bad performance considering that.