2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

swurvestar

Rinkside
Wow Maia has really improved. I used to think Alex was so much better than her but she seems to be catching up.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Can someone tell me what the Shibs costumes, choreo and whole routine had to do with the music? There was no connection at all, they could've been skating to anything. Terrible interpretation of a Dance Classic of the Ballet world and Ice Dance past.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I still think the Missing music was a major mistake, but the Shibs skated that better than they have all season I think.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I think the Shibs' programs this year just weren't that great. And they seriously should have changed coaches--they are the orphans in the Zoueva group now.

Dots

Final Flight
OMG!!!!!!!! The Shibutanis were FANTASTIC!!!!:eek:

Holy crap!! That SD was incredible!

Can someone tell me what the Shibs costumes, choreo and whole routine had to do with the music? There was no connection at all, they could've been skating to anything. Terrible interpretation of a Dance Classic of the Ballet world and Ice Dance past.

Yes. As usual. It's just :rolleye:.

The elements actually worked really well for them tonight but that choreography and that program is just ridiculous. I didn't see any connection between their movements and the music.

Dots

Final Flight
Oh god! The Russians just had a mistake on the twizles. Too bad that should drop them around 8th-10th place:disapp:

jan

On the Ice
They are really good skaters but that was a mess...unison off...timing issues
Oh god! The Russians just had a mistake on the twizles. Too bad that should drop them around 8th-10th place:disapp:

koriani

Rinkside
i'm impressed on how the shibs did, considering the fact that their program was never great to start with...always questioned that music choice/choreo :rolleye:
yikes it's a five-team horse race for third. add the last two russian teams in and you'll get a seven-team horse race. this thing is heating up! :popcorn:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I've thought all season that is I/K's attempt to do a variation on Marlie's Bollywood program. But it's more of a carbon copy than a xerox...

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
i'm impressed on how the shibs did, considering the fact that their program was never great to start with...always questioned that music choice/choreo :rolleye:
yikes it's a five-team horse race for third. add the last two russian teams in and you'll get a seven-team horse race. this thing is heating up! :popcorn:

No team that isnt in the final flight has a shot at 3rd. Especialy the #2 and #3 U.S teams have no shot at the bronze, and I&K at this point dont either.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I still think the Missing music was a major mistake, but the Shibs skated that better than they have all season I think.

Agree. The scores/placements are what they are, but I haven't really enjoyed them since their short dance two years ago.

Tonight, I remembered that I used to really like them.

They need a coaching change... they need a new choreographer... they need something. They're floundering.

And it's a shame, because there is talent there.