2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I've thought all season that is I/K's attempt to do a variation on Marlie's Bollywood program. But it's more of a carbon copy than a xerox...

I agree. But it's a poor quality derivative then goes completely to something else musically unconnected in the middle.

koriani

Rinkside
No team that isnt in the final flight has a shot at 3rd. Especialy the #2 and #3 U.S teams have no shot at the bronze, and I&K at this point dont either.

hmm you never know...who knows if P/B would deja vu 2011 again. *touch wood* they had a 4 point lead over the shibs in 2011 and the shibs managed to overtake them. but that probably won't happen

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Agree. The scores/placements are what they are, but I haven't really enjoyed them since their short dance two years ago.

Tonight, I remembered that I used to really like them.

They need a coaching change... they need a new choreographer... they need something. They're floundering.

And it's a shame, because there is talent there.

To be fair, Maia's gone through a major growth spurt (if you look at 2011 and now, you can see she's grown a few inches) and Alex has been injured for quite a bit (perhaps because of the growth spurt making lifts difficult). I agree they probably need some changes, but there's a lot going on besides needing better choreography.

Dots

Final Flight
Yikes she just threw it all away in the last second. How did she not wait for the music to finish!!!!!!!:bang: What a disaster :(

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I/K's PCS are insane. Pushing P/B. And I/K are nobody.
Wow. beat W/P and C/L by almost 2 points on PCS alone.

Bobrova/Soloviev just slayed it. Great skate, all elements worked quite well, good flow, nicely presented. I am surprised he didn't fall on the twizzles. :p

This should place at least 3rd if not 2nd.

Agree. The scores/placements are what they are, but I haven't really enjoyed them since their short dance two years ago.

They need a coaching change... they need a new choreographer... they need something. They're floundering.

Yes. Technical ability is there but Zoueva just has absolutely no clue what to do with them as far as choreography is concerned.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
70.05? I would have had them closer to 72. The coaching change has done MIRACLES with them. For one thing, she's finally learned not to hunch over like a crone. That's worth quite a few points right there.

Well The Battle For The Bronze should be QUITE interesting, no?

A.H.Black

Final Flight

I think they mostly need a little more time. I remember not so long ago when a world judge told me the worry was that Maia wouldn't grow (a different kind of problem to have in skating). I noticed this year she really has grown. There is no longer a huge difference in height. She is no longer itsy bitsy either and they are no longer the fastest twizzlers ever. I think it's taking time to work through the changes.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I wouldn't mind B&S winning bronze; I never used to like them but they've improved a lot this year and they've earned it.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Bronze is between B/S and P/B, with C/L from the outside looking in.
C/L will need some help to score that bronze.
P/B will need to skate clean.
B/S will self-destruct like normal. But depends on P/B as well. P/B probably won't be able to take advantage because they are half dead.
C/L doesn't have the support.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
hmm you never know...who knows if P/B would deja vu 2011 again. *touch wood* they had a 4 point lead over the shibs in 2011 and the shibs managed to overtake them. but that probably won't happen

That was a whole other time. That year they only needed one team to majorly mess up to take 3rd. This year they would need atleast 6. It isnt going to happen.

Bobrova & Soloviev meanwhile move into 3rd place. A good shot at the bronze if they can keep it together in the long as they also had higher PCS than P&B which is telling.