2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think they mostly need a little more time. I remember not so long ago when a world judge told me the worry was that Maia wouldn't grow (a different kind of problem to have in skating). I noticed this year she really has grown. There is no longer a huge difference in height. She is no longer itsy bitsy either and they are no longer the fastest twizzlers ever. I think it's taking time to work through the changes.

Exactly. I think we forget how young they are. Maia and Alex are still young enough to go to junior worlds for heaven's sake. But I really think Alex's injury has really affected them too....it seems Alex is emerging from the injury.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Well, first and second are pretty much set in stone unless either D/W or V/M decide to implode on Saturday.

Also, what a great job by Meryl and Charlie! They're really setting the stage for the Olympics.

Dots

Final Flight
This is a scandal in the making! How in the world did B/S jumped ahead of a P/B??? :eek: This is so wrong on so many levels. It really is sad. :disapp:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Okay B/S is also exempt from the Menshov voodoo doll too..which is good because I really like them this year!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Yeah, I don't think they'll get bronze. But I think they can move up. There's not much of a gap from 5th.

While they could possibly move up a place or two, my prediction would be them moving down one spot, passed by I&K who they only beat today as they had a bad skate (I&K had way higher PCS still). So probably 9th place, matching their result of last year. The only team ahead of them they have a decent shot to pass is their own teammates but it seems the USFSA have already decided C&B are their new #2 team.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
This is a scandal in the making! How in the world did B/S jumped ahead of a P/B??? :eek: This is so wrong on so many levels. It really is sad. :disapp:

P/B had a poor skate. B/S had a strong skate. P/B had less training time due to injuries. B/S were able to grow.

Man, Kustarova must be so pissed.

chiocciola

On the Ice
I really think that US paid Zueva for giving a better program to DW as probably Canada did for those Olympic masterpieces. I think VM and DW are the same in terms of skills, but these two couple of years VM's programs are just worse than DW's.
So happy for BS...they truly deserved their score))))

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

Oh please. I dont even like B&S but P&B were shamefully overmarked for a crummy skate today and deserved only 6th place at best. Their beating W&P and C&L was a total joke.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
While they could possibly move up a place or two, my prediction would be them moving down one spot, passed by I&K who they only beat today as they had a bad skate (I&K had way higher PCS still). So probably 9th place, matching their result of last year. The only team ahead of them they have a decent shot to pass is their own teammates but it seems the USFSA have already decided C&B are their new #2 team.

We'll see, won't we? W/P is a big question mark -- they have a totally new FD and it's hard to say how it will do. Also the Shibs beat C/B in the free dance at 4CC.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker

B/S simply put out a better dance today than P/B's disappointing effort. I would have had B/S ahead of V/M by a small margin, mostly because I thought V/M were PCS-overscored by about 2-3 points.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So what exactly IS the Menshov voodoo doll?

Someone made a joke about Team Meshnov using a voodoo doll to make Kovtun do poorly in the Men's SP. But then the Russian ladies have done poorly and so has I/K....so I'm joking that it's worked too well.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Someone made a joke about Team Meshnov using a voodoo doll to make Kovtun do poorly in the Men's SP. But then the Russian ladies have done poorly and so has I/K....so I'm joking that it's worked too well.

It's a very good running joke. I've been cracking up every time I see it mentioned.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I really think that US paid Zueva for giving a better program to DW as probably Canada did for those Olympic masterpieces. I think VM and DW are the same in terms of skills, but these two couple of years VM's programs are just worse than DW's.
So happy for BS...they truly deserved their score))))

I agree the programs aren't as good as prior years, but Scott and Tessa are ADULTS and could have spoken up if they thought the program music and/or choreography weren't going to help their cause. Instead, they chose to stick with and stick up for these awful programs, particularly that @#$% version of Carmen.