Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

Custom Title
    Oh god! The Russians just had a mistake on the twizles. Too bad that should drop them around 8th-10th place

Custom Title
    They are really good skaters but that was a mess...unison off...timing issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    Oh god! The Russians just had a mistake on the twizles. Too bad that should drop them around 8th-10th place

On the Ice
    i'm impressed on how the shibs did, considering the fact that their program was never great to start with...always questioned that music choice/choreo
    yikes it's a five-team horse race for third. add the last two russian teams in and you'll get a seven-team horse race. this thing is heating up!

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    I/K's SD was scary. It was like they were about to fall any moment. :/

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    except that they arent.
    Yeah, yeah, you're right - But only on the placings.

Custom Title
    I've thought all season that is I/K's attempt to do a variation on Marlie's Bollywood program. But it's more of a carbon copy than a xerox...

On the Ice
    yikes those twizzles...
    that really cost them...8th place owch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by koriani View Post
    i'm impressed on how the shibs did, considering the fact that their program was never great to start with...always questioned that music choice/choreo
    yikes it's a five-team horse race for third. add the last two russian teams in and you'll get a seven-team horse race. this thing is heating up!
    No team that isnt in the final flight has a shot at 3rd. Especialy the #2 and #3 U.S teams have no shot at the bronze, and I&K at this point dont either.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by koriani View Post
    yikes those twizzles...
    that really cost them...8th place owch
    Not just twizzles, that whole program was just a mess. :/

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    I still think the Missing music was a major mistake, but the Shibs skated that better than they have all season I think.
    Agree. The scores/placements are what they are, but I haven't really enjoyed them since their short dance two years ago.

Tonight, I remembered that I used to really like them.

They need a coaching change... they need a new choreographer... they need something. They're floundering.

And it's a shame, because there is talent there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    I've thought all season that is I/K's attempt to do a variation on Marlie's Bollywood program. But it's more of a carbon copy than a xerox...
    I agree. But it's a poor quality derivative then goes completely to something else musically unconnected in the middle.

skating philosopher
    The Meshnov voodoo doll...AGAIN working too well....

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    No team that isnt in the final flight has a shot at 3rd. Especialy the #2 and #3 U.S teams have no shot at the bronze, and I&K at this point dont either.
    hmm you never know...who knows if P/B would deja vu 2011 again. *touch wood* they had a 4 point lead over the shibs in 2011 and the shibs managed to overtake them. but that probably won't happen

Custom Title
    B/S had a lovely skate. Could go into 3rd, but I can see them losing levels.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    Agree. The scores/placements are what they are, but I haven't really enjoyed them since their short dance two years ago.

Tonight, I remembered that I used to really like them.

They need a coaching change... they need a new choreographer... they need something. They're floundering.

And it's a shame, because there is talent there.
    To be fair, Maia's gone through a major growth spurt (if you look at 2011 and now, you can see she's grown a few inches) and Alex has been injured for quite a bit (perhaps because of the growth spurt making lifts difficult). I agree they probably need some changes, but there's a lot going on besides needing better choreography.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast