Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 368

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

  1. #211
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    340
    Oh god! The Russians just had a mistake on the twizles. Too bad that should drop them around 8th-10th place

  2. #212
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    370
    They are really good skaters but that was a mess...unison off...timing issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    Oh god! The Russians just had a mistake on the twizles. Too bad that should drop them around 8th-10th place

  3. #213
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    44
    i'm impressed on how the shibs did, considering the fact that their program was never great to start with...always questioned that music choice/choreo
    yikes it's a five-team horse race for third. add the last two russian teams in and you'll get a seven-team horse race. this thing is heating up!

  4. #214
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,506
    I/K's SD was scary. It was like they were about to fall any moment. :/

  5. #215
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    except that they arent.
    Yeah, yeah, you're right - But only on the placings.

  6. #216
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,821
    I've thought all season that is I/K's attempt to do a variation on Marlie's Bollywood program. But it's more of a carbon copy than a xerox...

  7. #217
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    44
    yikes those twizzles...
    that really cost them...8th place owch

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by koriani View Post
    i'm impressed on how the shibs did, considering the fact that their program was never great to start with...always questioned that music choice/choreo
    yikes it's a five-team horse race for third. add the last two russian teams in and you'll get a seven-team horse race. this thing is heating up!
    No team that isnt in the final flight has a shot at 3rd. Especialy the #2 and #3 U.S teams have no shot at the bronze, and I&K at this point dont either.

  9. #219
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,506
    Quote Originally Posted by koriani View Post
    yikes those twizzles...
    that really cost them...8th place owch
    Not just twizzles, that whole program was just a mess. :/

  10. #220
    Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    905
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    I still think the Missing music was a major mistake, but the Shibs skated that better than they have all season I think.
    Agree. The scores/placements are what they are, but I haven't really enjoyed them since their short dance two years ago.

    Tonight, I remembered that I used to really like them.

    They need a coaching change... they need a new choreographer... they need something. They're floundering.

    And it's a shame, because there is talent there.

  11. #221
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    beijing
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    I've thought all season that is I/K's attempt to do a variation on Marlie's Bollywood program. But it's more of a carbon copy than a xerox...
    I agree. But it's a poor quality derivative then goes completely to something else musically unconnected in the middle.

  12. #222
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    7,983
    The Meshnov voodoo doll...AGAIN working too well....

  13. #223
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    No team that isnt in the final flight has a shot at 3rd. Especialy the #2 and #3 U.S teams have no shot at the bronze, and I&K at this point dont either.
    hmm you never know...who knows if P/B would deja vu 2011 again. *touch wood* they had a 4 point lead over the shibs in 2011 and the shibs managed to overtake them. but that probably won't happen

  14. #224
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    B/S had a lovely skate. Could go into 3rd, but I can see them losing levels.

  15. #225
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    7,983
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    Agree. The scores/placements are what they are, but I haven't really enjoyed them since their short dance two years ago.

    Tonight, I remembered that I used to really like them.

    They need a coaching change... they need a new choreographer... they need something. They're floundering.

    And it's a shame, because there is talent there.
    To be fair, Maia's gone through a major growth spurt (if you look at 2011 and now, you can see she's grown a few inches) and Alex has been injured for quite a bit (perhaps because of the growth spurt making lifts difficult). I agree they probably need some changes, but there's a lot going on besides needing better choreography.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •