Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by koriani View Post
    hmm you never know...who knows if P/B would deja vu 2011 again. *touch wood* they had a 4 point lead over the shibs in 2011 and the shibs managed to overtake them. but that probably won't happen
    The Shibs were in the final flight though.

Custom Title
    Yikes she just threw it all away in the last second. How did she not wait for the music to finish!!!!!!! What a disaster :(

Banned
    porcelain figurines from a music box.

Custom Title
    I/K's PCS are insane. Pushing P/B. And I/K are nobody.
    Wow. beat W/P and C/L by almost 2 points on PCS alone.

Custom Title
    I thought I/K VERY overscored on PCS. Boo to the judges. Another team they desperately want to hold up.

Whippet Good!
    The Shibs placement isn't too bad considering their late start.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Bobrova/Soloviev just slayed it. Great skate, all elements worked quite well, good flow, nicely presented. I am surprised he didn't fall on the twizzles.

This should place at least 3rd if not 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    Agree. The scores/placements are what they are, but I haven't really enjoyed them since their short dance two years ago.

Tonight, I remembered that I used to really like them.

They need a coaching change... they need a new choreographer... they need something. They're floundering.

And it's a shame, because there is talent there.
    Yes. Technical ability is there but Zoueva just has absolutely no clue what to do with them as far as choreography is concerned.

Custom Title
    B/S are in third - 70.05

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    The Shibs were in the final flight though.
    Yeah, I don't think they'll get bronze. But I think they can move up. There's not much of a gap from 5th.

Banned
    Hey!

Custom Title
    70.05? I would have had them closer to 72. The coaching change has done MIRACLES with them. For one thing, she's finally learned not to hunch over like a crone. That's worth quite a few points right there.

Well The Battle For The Bronze should be QUITE interesting, no?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    Agree. The scores/placements are what they are, but I haven't really enjoyed them since their short dance two years ago.

Tonight, I remembered that I used to really like them.

They need a coaching change... they need a new choreographer... they need something. They're floundering.

And it's a shame, because there is talent there.
    I think they mostly need a little more time. I remember not so long ago when a world judge told me the worry was that Maia wouldn't grow (a different kind of problem to have in skating). I noticed this year she really has grown. There is no longer a huge difference in height. She is no longer itsy bitsy either and they are no longer the fastest twizzlers ever. I think it's taking time to work through the changes.

I wouldn't mind B&S winning bronze; I never used to like them but they've improved a lot this year and they've earned it.

Custom Title
    Bronze is between B/S and P/B, with C/L from the outside looking in.
    C/L will need some help to score that bronze.
    P/B will need to skate clean.
    B/S will self-destruct like normal. But depends on P/B as well. P/B probably won't be able to take advantage because they are half dead.
    C/L doesn't have the support.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by koriani View Post
    hmm you never know...who knows if P/B would deja vu 2011 again. *touch wood* they had a 4 point lead over the shibs in 2011 and the shibs managed to overtake them. but that probably won't happen
    That was a whole other time. That year they only needed one team to majorly mess up to take 3rd. This year they would need atleast 6. It isnt going to happen.

Bobrova & Soloviev meanwhile move into 3rd place. A good shot at the bronze if they can keep it together in the long as they also had higher PCS than P&B which is telling.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast