Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I think they mostly need a little more time. I remember not so long ago when a world judge told me the worry was that Maia wouldn't grow (a different kind of problem to have in skating). I noticed this year she really has grown. There is no longer a huge difference in height. She is no longer itsy bitsy either and they are no longer the fastest twizzlers ever. I think it's taking time to work through the changes.
    Exactly. I think we forget how young they are. Maia and Alex are still young enough to go to junior worlds for heaven's sake. But I really think Alex's injury has really affected them too....it seems Alex is emerging from the injury.

Custom Title
    Good luck to all teams tomorrow. Great job D/W. Good job V/M, P/B,W

Miserere Nobis
    Well, first and second are pretty much set in stone unless either D/W or V/M decide to implode on Saturday.

Also, what a great job by Meryl and Charlie! They're really setting the stage for the Olympics.

Custom Title
    This is a scandal in the making! How in the world did B/S jumped ahead of a P/B??? This is so wrong on so many levels. It really is sad.

skating philosopher
    Okay B/S is also exempt from the Menshov voodoo doll too..which is good because I really like them this year!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Yeah, I don't think they'll get bronze. But I think they can move up. There's not much of a gap from 5th.
    While they could possibly move up a place or two, my prediction would be them moving down one spot, passed by I&K who they only beat today as they had a bad skate (I&K had way higher PCS still). So probably 9th place, matching their result of last year. The only team ahead of them they have a decent shot to pass is their own teammates but it seems the USFSA have already decided C&B are their new #2 team.

Miserere Nobis
    Okay B/S is also exempt from the Menshov voodoo doll too..which is good because I really like them this year!
    Menshov is probably having the biggest laugh of his life with regards to the Russian man and women.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    This is a scandal in the making! How in the world did B/S jumped ahead of a P/B??? This is so wrong on so many levels. It really is sad.
    Euros 2012 SD? They did it before

Custom Title
    P/B had a poor skate. B/S had a strong skate. P/B had less training time due to injuries. B/S were able to grow.

Man, Kustarova must be so pissed.

Custom Title
    I really think that US paid Zueva for giving a better program to DW as probably Canada did for those Olympic masterpieces. I think VM and DW are the same in terms of skills, but these two couple of years VM's programs are just worse than DW's.
    So happy for BS...they truly deserved their score))))

Banned
    Oh please. I dont even like B&S but P&B were shamefully overmarked for a crummy skate today and deserved only 6th place at best. Their beating W&P and C&L was a total joke.

Custom Title
    So what exactly IS the Menshov voodoo doll?

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    While they could possibly move up a place or two, my prediction would be them moving down one spot, passed by I&K who they only beat today as they had a bad skate (I&K had way higher PCS still). So probably 9th place, matching their result of last year. The only team ahead of them they have a decent shot to pass is their own teammates but it seems the USFSA have already decided C&B are their new #2 team.
    We'll see, won't we? W/P is a big question mark -- they have a totally new FD and it's hard to say how it will do. Also the Shibs beat C/B in the free dance at 4CC.

Custom Title
    their FD is so weird though.

Custom Title
    B/S simply put out a better dance today than P/B's disappointing effort. I would have had B/S ahead of V/M by a small margin, mostly because I thought V/M were PCS-overscored by about 2-3 points.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast