Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chiocciola View Post
    I really think that US paid Zueva for giving a better program to DW as probably Canada did for those Olympic masterpieces. I think VM and DW are the same in terms of skills, but these two couple of years VM's programs are just worse than DW's.
    So happy for BS...they truly deserved their score))))
    Oh please!! If anything Zueva tried to stick it to them again but D/W was not having it. They sought outside help to refine their programs. Did you see how ugly that FD was at Skate America?! They had to hire Alex Wong to fix it.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Okay does anyone find it interesting that the gap between V/M (2nd) and the Shibs (8th) is only 1.43?
    And that's why 6 or 7 teams are all in contention for the bronze.

Custom Title
    Protocols are up

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    There's this horrendous movie with Shirley Temple as a teen (when she wasn't the adorable moppet anymore). In it, there's this black maid, and every time something bad happens she tells Shirl, "It's da VOODOO I tell ya..."

Actually the one I feel really bad for is Brian Orser. Someone must have bought a whole SLEW of voodoo dolls with his name on them.
    No kidding. Not a great week so far for team Orser.

Custom Title
    I'll probably be crucified for saying this, and maybe it should be its own thread, but I honestly don't think that Voir have improved at all since Vancouver. Of course, they are probably the best natural ice dancers and Tessa's chronic leg problems haven't helped, but natural ability only goes so far. But again YMMV...

skating philosopher
    I'll probably be crucified for saying this, and maybe it should be its own thread, but I honestly don't think that Voir have improved at all since Vancouver. Of course, they are probably the best natural ice dancers and Tessa's chronic leg problems haven't helped, but natural ability only goes so far. But again YMMV...
    Be careful!

I don't think it's so much that Voir isn't improving, but that D/W have improved at an exponential rate.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blackswanphoto View Post
    Oh please!! If anything Zueva tried to stick it to them again but D/W was not having it. They sought outside help to refine their programs. Did you see how ugly that FD was at Skate America?! They had to hire Alex Wong to fix it.
    and thank goodness they did...there's SD captures the spirit and character of Act I of Giselle PERFECTLY. In my opinion D/W are one of the few teams that understands and embraces what the SD was intended to do. after watching V/M again, i feel like they are turning into Zoueva-robots...they are just going through the motions and doing the choreography they way they were told to, and they aren't embracing it the way Meryl and Charlie have...

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Man the level of scoring was high here....everyone in the top 12 scored more than 60.
    The judges were giving those marks out like candy.

I think you're right and I wonder what's happened. I guess the most obvious explanation is Virtue's health problems.

At the moment D/W look like a clearly superior team.

Custom Title
    lol too bad I'm not a judge because I would have flip placements all over the place.

My picks would have been:

D/W
    V/M
    W/P (ridiculous that both B/S & C/L are ahead of them)
    P/B
    S/S
    C/B
    B/S
    C/L (They looked awfully slow. I have seen them skate with more speed and charisma)
    C/B (as in Buckland)
    Z/G

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The judges were giving those marks out like candy.
    Apparently Gilles and Portier missed out on the trick-and-treat portion of the competition....or I guess they got their candy at 4CC FD?

Custom Title
    Who's C/P? There are two C/B's (Coomes/Buckland, Chock/Bates).

Custom Title
    The Turks got a deduction for Musical Tempo????? Hmpf. They probably should have picked a hoedown polka...
    :P

Whippet Good!
    Oi. I watched D/W and V/M and what a difference! D/W were so light and fast and energetic. It was so joyful! V/M seemed so slow and lethargic and dirge-like. Where was the joy? What were they thinking? I know Scott hates the Yankee Polka, but geez!

When will videos come up?

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Yeah- it's funny. Just like trankov spoke in favor of menshov and v/t did well did b or s say something? Lol! Rob him of his potential worlds spot!
    The funny thing is that Soloviev openly supported Menshov as well.

I am absolutely thrilled for Merlie. What a SD!
    Great to see B&S in third place at the moment. They program was beautifully skated.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast