Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I made that joke and now I kinda regret it given what a total disaster Team Russia's performances were ever since. ;P
    You'd better not return to London Ziggy, as the Russians might still have some Polonium.

Custom Title
    Wonder what Piseev is doing right about now?

Rinkside
    If you check out the protocols for the maia and alex, the first judge gave them 4.75 for interpretation/timing That has got to be a mistake, as all their other individual components from the same judge are in the upper 8 range. I hope the team notices this and brings it to the attention of officials. With such a tight field, they could use every point possible.

Custom Title
    Also, guess what? Two Carmens, back-to-back.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Where I grew up on the US East Coast we had a supermarket that used that can-can music for their annual "Can Can Sale" and I can't help singing along every time: Now's the time to stock up while the values last. LOL Hopeless.

I'd put that behind W/P myself.
    That store still does that sale and every time I hear P & B short, that's exactly what I think of. Sorry to hear that they didn't skate well. I really love them.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    The Turks got a deduction for Musical Tempo????? Hmpf. They probably should have picked a hoedown polka...
    :P
    Really? It was considered an acceptable tempo at Euros. This is where the opinions of different Tech/Judging Panels is confused. By Worlds these issues should be sorted already. They can't penalise a couple for that at the final event of the season when they have no chance to correct it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverxfalcon View Post
    If you check out the protocols for the maia and alex, the first judge gave them 4.75 for interpretation/timing That has got to be a mistake, as all their other individual components from the same judge are in the upper 8 range. I hope the team notices this and brings it to the attention of officials. With such a tight field, they could use every point possible.
    Are you sure?

That seems like such a disparity in numbers. I hope team Zueva is looking into this... otherwise...

Man! How can they be so low? Their SD was one of the highlights of the SD. My favorites always do terrible at worlds

Bobrova/Soloviev and Pechalat/Bourzat skating last will provide tension until the last moment for the only exciting battle. For the bronze medal.
    Well I'm also excited by who will stay/move up/move down in the Top 10.

I think that'll be a good battle. R&T in 13th must be pretty miffed at the moment.

Fingers crossed the Brits can hold onto 10th place. Robin Cousins predicted it, let's hope he's right.

A random thought:

Zhiganshina/Gazsi were the only memorable program of the evening. Technically they are not great but I love their theatrical routines.
    I enjoy seeing theatrical or different concepts for ice dance programmes. But these 2 are always so clunky. He ALWAYS stuffs up the twizzles or the footwork somewhere, they are never tidy. His look is not a good one, he could make more of his average looks to be more interesting, like Scary Sergs did. Sakhnovsy turned his face into a virtue, a theatrical device that added to his performance. Plus they are simply dull. What they lack is Rakhammo/Kokko's charm and finesse of style.

I say ditch them and bring on the German No.2s

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    The short dance of Meryl and Charlie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-caYx1HhtUo

Thanks for posting.

Great from Meryl and Charlie. But for the life of me, what's up with the totally clueless camera coverage. We do not need to see a close-up of Meryl's face just as D/W are going into their climactic toe hops in place. If anything do a close-up on their feet, or simply keep them in a full view. Incredible that at only a couple of events this season did camera coverage of this program keep D/W in a full shot for this very important and climactic section of their program!

Custom Title
    Ughh this is killing me! Please someone tell me The Shibutanis will get a new (higher and better) score and that this was all a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by La Rhumba View Post
    Fingers crossed the Brits can hold onto 10th place. Robin Cousins predicted it, let's hope he's right.
    I'm already crossing my fingers, my toes, my legs...etc....you get the point.

I have NEVER seen D/W skate better than that and do not know if I ever will again. Well deserved lead and world record, in my opinion. hey positively flew across the ice and I felt like they were radiating joy right through my computer screen to me.

Custom Title
    D/W,V/M,B/S,P/B,C/L,W/P,C/B,S/S,I/K,C/B,Z/G,C/J,R/T,G/P,Z/S &to all other teams.it was ennoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Thanks for posting.

Great from Meryl and Charlie. But for the life of me, what's up with the totally clueless camera coverage. We do not need to see a close-up of Meryl's face just as D/W are going into their climactic toe hops in place. If anything do a close-up on their feet, or simply keep them in a full view. Incredible that at only a couple of events this season did camera coverage of this program keep D/W in a full shot for this very important and climactic section of their program!
    I got to see it in the slow-mo replay, and they were in total synchronized unison. Brilliant. And totally agree about the absurd camera work. But not as bad as Helsinki Worlds 83, when T&D were painting their clown faces in their Barnum FD and the cameras were totally facing the other way!

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast