Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    It looks like Gilles & Poirier will be somewhere from 13th to 15th after the SD depending how the British and Germans fare. Very poor like I predicted. A mediocre and ridiculously overhyped by the CSA team.

Chock & Bates have a huge gap over these middling mid pack teams that have gone so far. That has got to fit a number of teams that are left still in between probably. It will be interesting to see how high they finish.
    Take your hate for G&P and shove it - you've been bashing them for months. They are a good team and were undermarked here because they skated early in the night and have not been at the Worlds before. They skated much better than many of the teams that placed ahead of them. They are better than Chock & Bates and several of the others. G&P beat Chock & Bates in the FD at 4 Continents and have the potential to move up in the FD here too.

G&P will continue to advance in the standings down the road with more international experience.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    They are better than Chock & Bates
    Talk to me when you come back to Planet Earth, thanks.

Custom Title
    Thank goodness Weaver & Poje are skating here since it looks like I predicted Gilles & Poirier are too weak to even have kept that 3rd spot on their own. Then again it is their own spot (or their own chance of even getting to the Games) they would have lost in that case. Hopefully next year a better matched and superior team overtake them as Canada's #3. Canada needs to get over their lovefest for Paul Poirier already, which has already cost Canada the bronze at the 2011 Worlds and other things. International judges dont think he is that amazing and never will, no matter how much over the top love the CSA showers on him and his various partners.
    You are full of baloney and here you go with about your 10th post in this thread bashing Paul Poirier. Crone & Poirier did not receive high marks only from Canadian judges - you totally omitted that they won medals on the Grand Prix circuit as a team, as well as winning a medal at the Grand Prix Final. They also finished as high as 7th at the Worlds and had a decent score at the last Olympics too. So your theory that Poirier only receives high marks from judges at the Canadians is totally false.

Custom Title
    Talk to me when you come back to Planet Earth, thanks.
    You do know that Gilles & Poirier beat Chock & Bates in the FD at 4 Continents last month, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Take your hate for G&P and shove it - you've been bashing them for months. They are a good team and were undermarked here because they skated early in the night and have not been at the Worlds before. They skated much better than many of the teams that placed ahead of them. They are better than Chock & Bates and several of the others. G&P beat Chock & Bates in the FD at 4 Continents and have the potential to move up in the FD here too.

G&P will continue to advance in the standings down the road with more international experience.
    Woah, calm down! Seriously. I don't always see eye to eye with pangtongfan either, but it's totally unnecessary to ask her to "shove it." You wouldn't like someone saying that to you, would you?

Sorry for breaking my policy of commenting on the boards, but I don't like anyone being asked to "shove it." You can defend your favorite skater without directing attacks at other posters. God knows I do it all the time with my Shib Sibs.

SHORT DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Meryl DAVIS & Charlie WHITE (USA) - 77.12 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    2. Tessa VIRTUE & Scott MOIR (CAN) - 73.87 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    3. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 70.05 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    4. Nathalie PECHALAT & Fabian BOURZAT (FRA) - 69.65 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    5. Anna CAPPELLINI & Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 67.93 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    6. Kaitlyn WEAVER & Andrew POJE (CAN) - 67.54 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    7. Madison CHOCK & Evan BATES (USA) - 66.74 Short Dance
    8. Maia SHIBUTANI & Alex SHIBUTANI (USA) - 66.14 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    9. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 66.07 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    10. Penny COOMES & Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR) - 63.66 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    11. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 60.59 Short Dance
    12. Pernelle CARRON & Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 60.58 Short Dance
    13. Ekaterina RIAZANOVA & Ilia TKACHENKO (RUS) - 59.52 Short Dance
    14. Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY & Dmitri DUN (UKR) - 59.20 Short Dance
    15. Piper GILLES & Paul POIRIER (CAN) - 58.61 Short Dance
    16. Charlene GUIGNARD & Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 57.89 Short Dance
    17. Julia ZLOBINA & Alexei SITNIKOV (AZE) - 57.80 Short Dance
    18. Isabella TOBIAS & Deividas STAGNIUNAS (LTU) - 57.39 Short Dance
    19. Cathy REED & Chris REED (JPN) - 53.95 Short Dance
    20. Sara HURTADO & Adria DIAZ (ESP) - 53.12
    21. Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA & Neil BROWN (CZE) - 51.82 Short Dance
    22. Olesia KARMI & Max LINDHOLM (FIN) - 48.06
    23. Allison REED & Vasili ROGOV (ISR) - 46.63
    24. Zsuzsanna NAGY & Mate FEJES (HUN) - 45.60 Short Dance
    25. Irina SHTORK & Taavi RAND (EST) - 45.29 Short Dance
    26. Federica TESTA & Lukas CSOLLEY (SVK) - 44.73 Short Dance
    27. Justyna PLUTOWSKA & Peter GERBER (POL) - 44.00
    28. Alisa AGAFONOVA & Alper UCAR (TUR) - 43.98 Short Dance
    29. Viktoria KAVALIOVA & Yurii BIELIAIEV (BLR) - 32.50 Short Dance

Custom Title
    four points is a bit of an impossible hill to climb, especially with the way DW have been skating this season. Even knowing it will probably not be enough, I just hope that VM will take it as a challenge and skate a lights out Carmen (I've loved the program since it debuted and really want to see it skated to the max no matter what the result).

Paying the bills
    Quote Originally Posted by La Rhumba View Post
    Really? It was considered an acceptable tempo at Euros. This is where the opinions of different Tech/Judging Panels is confused. By Worlds these issues should be sorted already. They can't penalise a couple for that at the final event of the season when they have no chance to correct it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    This really shouldn't be allowed to happen. They have skated at numerous international competitions this season and there was never a problem and they get penalised now? It didn't just cost them that one point but also meant both of their polka sequences were Lv1s because of timing calls.
    Just to clarify the music and timing calls for the TUR team. The 1.0 deduction comes from the referee. I've seen this happen to other teams where a tempo violation is not called at one event, but it is called at another. I don't believe the judges see that deduction, so it wouldn't influence their Interpretation/Timing mark (unless they thought the tempo was off as well). Based on the protocols, it does appear that 5 out of the 9 judges were in agreement about the tempo.

The "T" for timing that was called during their Yankee Polka is done by the technical callers and based on the team hitting the correct edges on the key points, but not holding them for the required number of beats.

To be honest though, I was pretty shocked at how low their scores were and I kept checking the wedgie page to see if it was a mistake. It was really too bad and they were so crushed.

Kwan's vodka dealer VIETgrlTerifa's Avatar
    I'm happy for the Shibs. I think Zueva doesn't know what to do for this team, but I do think that they have the technical goods to be one of the top American teams for the next quad barring Alex's nagging injury. Maia has probably finished growing now and they can finally settle down and expand.

I am worried that compared to 2011, they haven't been getting the levels they used to on their elements which was their bread and butter and helped put them in position to be in the top tier at Worlds over the Russians in 2011. I wonder if Zueva and her team can really help them consistently get high levels again or if they need to move elsewhere. We all know how everyone feels about their SD. I actually thought their SD was better earlier in the season in terms of element placement and allowing them sections to actually interpret the music and dance, and this re-choregraphed version from Nationals on was less effective. That said, this is the best they have skated it all year which bodes well for them. Lucky for them, they're in striking distance to hit the top 5, and their FD is much better received by the judges than the SD which had been their weakness in the past two seasons.

I think they lucked out with getting the Quickstep for the SD next season as it was their Ballroom style FD that won the judges favor two years ago. I do want them to branch out and loosen up. I think that (on top of inconsistency with getting high levels) is what is holding them back with the judges. Also, U.S. Figure Skating would be fools to "drop" them as the international judges consistently give them one of the higher PCS among the American teams, although I do think Hubbell/Donahue should be the ones to watch (I am a huge fan of theirs). Chock/Bates FD has not been as well-received as the Shibs and H/D and I think it was a mistake to score that dance so high at Nationals.

Hi, Vietgirlterifa, great to see you back! Post often, post long!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Woah, calm down! Seriously. I don't always see eye to eye with pangtongfan either, but it's totally unnecessary to ask her to "shove it." You wouldn't like someone saying that to you, would you?

Sorry for breaking my policy of commenting on the boards, but I don't like anyone being asked to "shove it." You can defend your favorite skater without directing attacks at other posters. God knows I do it all the time with my Shib Sibs.
    Calm down folks; chilllax! This isn't the end of the world - close maybe lol. This board is great it allows for wonderful discussion, insight and debate. Admittedly itis a breath of resh air to have so many posters; though I think some people seem to just be asking for trouble - nevertheless discussion is great - fighting or arguing not so great.

I admit Chock and Bates are good. Not sure if they are better than Shibs imho and G and P I do believe are undermarked. So many good teams and so few spots on podium. I do believe G and P could move up in the FD as they have beaten Chock and Bates in the FD at 4cc's but it will be hard - psychologically especially in dance they skate so early so they might not get the credence if they skated closer to C and B (USA). They are so far behind but I do believe if judges are fair G and P could say place 8th in the FD. I feel bad for V and M; I hope they don't retire now. But they just maybe are worn out? I stil think they are good and I sitll believe or wish they would get credit for doign something so different in the FD. I have my biases as do others. But ice dancing now is so exciting. Russa might not have 3 teams in dance too they are just falling apart - men,women and I and K will have to make a move because expecting B and S to medal is a bit much. Nice to see W and P but what a nasty fight with C and L from Italy, P and B, B and S, Cand B the shibs and even I and K. it is like D and W and Vand m andthen all nhose teams fighting for one tiny bronze medal.

I think V and M will fall aprt in the free and this could be thier end - I hope not. I hope they come back next year and fight to the top healthy and all. D and W mus feel very confident; they have the gold in the bag. It would take a miracle for V and W or P and B or B and S to overtake them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post

I think V and M will fall aprt in the free and this could be thier end - I hope not. I hope they come back next year and fight to the top healthy and all. D and W mus feel very confident; they have the gold in the bag. It would take a miracle for V and W or P and B or B and S to overtake them.
    their scores were already generous, and your right it would take an asteroid falling from V/M to win, though this time they can't fake a time out the FD, lmao
    just sit back, relax Canada already has locks for 3 spots on all disciplines

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    their scores were already generous, and your right it would take an asteroid falling from V/M to win, though this time they can't fake a time out the FD, lmao
    just sit back, relax Canada already has locks for 3 spots on all disciplines
    What do you mean, "all disciplines"? I doubt Canada would get three spots for ladies.

Custom Title
    Congratulations to D/W. Will they be able to set new WR again for FD and total score?

On the other hand, I don't think V/M is so lucky with their SD/FD this season. I hope they'll have better luck with Finnstep next season.

Custom Title
    All i can say is thank God for D&W. As an American considering how crappy our Pairs teams are right now and also no contenders in Men's and no medals in Ladies since 2006 this team keeps the US relevant at Worlds year after year after year. They are great role models and team leaders and also tough as can be competitors.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast