Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 368

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

  1. #61
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,911
    If the Czechs worked on matching their lines, they would look so much more polished. Nice rotational lift. But it sort of petered out at the end (and that ending was rather abrupt).

  2. #62
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    If the Czechs worked on matching their lines, they would look so much more polished. Nice rotational lift. But it sort of petered out at the end (and that ending was rather abrupt).
    Do you have a background in dance? Your comments are very helpful and you notice a lot of things.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Thank goodness Weaver & Poje are skating here since it looks like I predicted Gilles & Poirier are too weak to even have kept that 3rd spot on their own. Then again it is their own spot (or their own chance of even getting to the Games) they would have lost in that case. Hopefully next year a better matched and superior team overtake them as Canada's #3. Canada needs to get over their lovefest for Paul Poirier already, which has already cost Canada the bronze at the 2011 Worlds and other things. International judges dont think he is that amazing and never will, no matter how much over the top love the CSA showers on him and his various partners.

  4. #64
    Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Thank goodness Weaver & Poje are skating here since it looks like I predicted Gilles & Poirier are too weak to even have kept that 3rd spot on their own. Then again it is their own spot (or their own chance of even getting to the Games) they would have lost in that case. Hopefully next year a better matched and superior team overtake them as Canada's #3. Canada needs to get over their lovefest for Paul Poirier already, which has already cost Canada the bronze at the 2011 Worlds and other things. International judges dont think he is that amazing and never will, no matter how much over the top love the CSA showers on him and his various partners.
    Elaborate, please. I'm not how a Canadian #3 team could have cost Canada the World bronze.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    Elaborate, please. I'm not how a Canadian #3 team could have cost Canada the World bronze.
    Weaver & Poje's reputation was down after losing to a subpar Crone & Poirier at the 2011 Canadians, which was frankly an enormous joke. Had the CSA been backing W&P rather than the overrated and never that good C&P that season, W&P likely would have won the Worlds bronze given how the event went down.

  6. #66
    Penny & Nick! La Rhumba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    606
    Ziggy, what the hell happened to the Turks' scores? Disgraceful! And what was the deduction for?

    They skated with such attack, as good as at Euros, and such a fab routine.

    How smiles turn to confusion.

    Anyway, I thought they were great! So continue - even though they won't qualify here.
    Teprik etderim, canim.

  7. #67
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,570
    What the hell? 43 for Turkey- that is absolutely ridiculous

  8. #68
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Do you have a background in dance? Your comments are very helpful and you notice a lot of things.
    Thank you--that's a nice compliment. My neighbor is a dancer with the New York City Ballet and we talk alot of dance; she's snuck me into some rehearsals. And I used to see ALOT of Broadway and dance shows before I got poor (!). I just tell you what I see--I don't really know the "tech" stuff at all with ice dance. For example, I just loved the Turks--they're the first couple since the Spanish to show something resembling a PERSONALITY on the ice (Poirier did, but with Gilles it's almost as if I could feel her counting beats/steps). And the Turks *committed* to their choreography--for example, they really went for their hydroblading, straight-line lift, etc. Now with the Belarussians, it's more generic hoe-down music (and a polka is NOT a hoe-down).

  9. #69
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    592
    Did Yurii BIELIAIEV put his foot down too soon during twizzles, or is it just my viewing angle?

  10. #70
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    Anybody watches on Russian Sport 2 and knows what the commentator said about the Belarussan team? Their luggage didn't arrive or something?

  11. #71
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,741
    Hmm Gilles and Poirer did not score well or do well here at all. They might not be top 15. I do wonder how the second French team will do as well as the British team and the germans these are what I call vulnerable teams - could do really well bottom of top ten or be even out of the top 15 or so. Kind of like G and P. Canada might be left with two spots if Weaver and Poje are too injured - which brings me to the white elephant in the room why haven't we heard much about their progress or P and B even???? Mind you Kevin Reynolds had an injury and said he ws 90 0r 95% and he is in third in men's so who knows?????

  12. #72
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Anybody watches on Russian Sport 2 and knows what the commentator said about the Belarussan team? Their luggage didn't arrive or something?
    Phil Hersch tweeted that their luggage was lost at least in part and that they skated using borrowed skates.

  13. #73
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    673
    What happened to the Turkish team... they were very good to me, I go to the kitchen I come back and they are dead last!! wow..

  14. #74
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by La Rhumba View Post
    Ziggy, what the hell happened to the Turks' scores? Disgraceful! And what was the deduction for?

    They skated with such attack, as good as at Euros, and such a fab routine.

    How smiles turn to confusion.

    Anyway, I thought they were great! So continue - even though they won't qualify here.
    Teprik etderim, canim.
    I have no idea. I guess they were totally hammered on the levels. I personally thought the performance wasn't as strong as at Euros. Elements weren't as sharp and didn't have the same fire. But I definitely didn't expect them to place dead last. :/

    I am not sure if they are able to obtain citizenship for her but hopefully they can and then they can earn their Olympic spot at Nebelhorn.

    Quote Originally Posted by auser View Post
    Did Yurii BIELIAIEV put his foot down too soon during twizzles, or is it just my viewing angle?
    He stepped out of the second twizzle, yeah.

  15. #75
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Anybody watches on Russian Sport 2 and knows what the commentator said about the Belarussan team? Their luggage didn't arrive or something?
    Their luggage, including skates, didn't arrive. They skated in borrowed skates--hers from Scott Moir's cousin, his from a local pairs skater (so not dance blades).

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •