2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I have to say I am really dumbfounded by the scoring. Chock and Bates were good but not that good - what are we going to have huge gigantic scores over 75 for the top teams???? The shibs might as well go back home. Good skate but very generous. they might get Olympic bronze at this rate? I am not sure even I and K or B and S can score that high. W and P won't beat that either probably. Well on the positive side it shows the judging system does not hold you back but while I like C and B I am not that impressed with them but it doesn't matter what I think. I kind of feel sorry for the other teams but who knows maybe the scores will be generous for the top few tiers - still I thought G and P should be higher at least score wise... Well to skyfly and those who thought this was Pro Canada world's I would suggest these scores of G and P show differently. Besides as shocking as it is Reynolds and Osmond were suprisingily very good. i honestly did not think Osmond even if clean could beat Wagner even if she made an error.

Gilles/Poirer are simply not that good yet, she's still holding him back. A lot.

But yeah Chock/Bates were good but not *that* good. The twizzles were a bit slow.

Shame about the twizzles because Reeds have a lovely program and showed a lot of character. They improved a lot this season.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
This Russian team that is skating is so boring. I hope they are not in the same group in the long program as the shibs. That is one LONG refrigerator break!

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Cor Blimey Guvnor! I know it's in London, but fink the contestants got the wrong one, cos there's an awful lot of Cockney music, not that I'm complaining, mind. But no salmon pink for My Fair Lady, purlease!

Haha Russian commentator is raging about the technical teams destroying everybody on the levels.

'How is it possible that they can get Lv4 and Lv1 [on the polka]?!! 4 and 1!'

Cry more. :p

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
C/B have only been together for less than 2 years I think. Give them some time. If they continue to progress at the same rate, they'll be a real force in the next quad. But yes, Chock's twizzles have never been that great.

The Reeds really have improved--their edges are so much sharper and their speed really is much better than it used to be.

B/L are sort of generic Russian.

Really nice lift from the French, but (sign) more hoe down music. Who decided that polka=hoe down or Mary Poppins? It's driven me nuts all season.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, that French team had my favorite hill-billy polka so far. How's that for faint praise.

Although the spirit was nice... was it as big a mess as it appeared to my untrained eye?

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yay! Well done Lloyd and Pernelle! Thoroughly deserved, and at last the Judges went with them. :)

I thought this was the most polished we have seen from them so far. Good elements.

I thought they'd keep regressing and eventually give up soon but it looks like they have finally managed to turn their fortunes around.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
It looks like Gilles & Poirier will be somewhere from 13th to 15th after the SD depending how the British and Germans fare. Very poor like I predicted. A mediocre and ridiculously overhyped by the CSA team.

Chock & Bates have a huge gap over these middling mid pack teams that have gone so far. That has got to fit a number of teams that are left still in between probably. It will be interesting to see how high they finish.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
They're showing Takahashi/Tran's EX from last year's World Championships on the LTV7 feed ..... :cry:

20 teams making the FD really is not enough. :(

Mysliveckova/Brown and Karmi/Lindholm both skated really well but will not make it. :/

It looks like Gilles & Poirier will be somewhere from 13th to 15th after the SD depending how the British and Germans fare. Very poor like I predicted. A mediocre and ridiculously overhyped by the CSA team.

This is their first season together. Give them a break!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Is there a way to stop the clop clop clop from the chat box on the ESP UK Stream?

Ah, never mind. I found the mute button (thank the Lord!).

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Being Igor's #1 team certainly has its perk. Judges take you seriously.
Madison and Evan were former World Jr. champs, so the pedigree is there.