Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Anybody watches on Russian Sport 2 and knows what the commentator said about the Belarussan team? Their luggage didn't arrive or something?
    Yes, their luggage is lost and they were skating in borrowed skates.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Anybody watches on Russian Sport 2 and knows what the commentator said about the Belarussan team? Their luggage didn't arrive or something?
    The Belarus teams are borrowing someone elses skates, since theirs did not arrive. The Lady is wearing Sherri Moirs skate (Scott Moirs cousing or aunt or something) and the Man's is wearing a skaters skates from the Strathoy Skating Centre, forgot the name

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    OMG that's crazy! Such a horrible thing to happen. At their first senior performance ever as well.

That was not such a bad performance considering that.

Custom Title
    Chock and Bates should go into the lead for that.

On the Ice
    This music is cracking me up!

Tripping on the Podium
    Does the British Eurosport coverage start in 10 mins?

Thanks.

Custom Title
    I have to say I am really dumbfounded by the scoring. Chock and Bates were good but not that good - what are we going to have huge gigantic scores over 75 for the top teams???? The shibs might as well go back home. Good skate but very generous. they might get Olympic bronze at this rate? I am not sure even I and K or B and S can score that high. W and P won't beat that either probably. Well on the positive side it shows the judging system does not hold you back but while I like C and B I am not that impressed with them but it doesn't matter what I think. I kind of feel sorry for the other teams but who knows maybe the scores will be generous for the top few tiers - still I thought G and P should be higher at least score wise... Well to skyfly and those who thought this was Pro Canada world's I would suggest these scores of G and P show differently. Besides as shocking as it is Reynolds and Osmond were suprisingily very good. i honestly did not think Osmond even if clean could beat Wagner even if she made an error.

Gilles/Poirer are simply not that good yet, she's still holding him back. A lot.

But yeah Chock/Bates were good but not *that* good. The twizzles were a bit slow.

Shame about the twizzles because Reeds have a lovely program and showed a lot of character. They improved a lot this season.

Custom Title
    This Russian team that is skating is so boring. I hope they are not in the same group in the long program as the shibs. That is one LONG refrigerator break!

Cor Blimey Guvnor! I know it's in London, but fink the contestants got the wrong one, cos there's an awful lot of Cockney music, not that I'm complaining, mind. But no salmon pink for My Fair Lady, purlease!

Haha Russian commentator is raging about the technical teams destroying everybody on the levels.

'How is it possible that they can get Lv4 and Lv1 [on the polka]?!! 4 and 1!'

Cry more.

Custom Title
    How is it possible that these dances seem so long. Though C/J's lift was neat.

Banned
    the music are making me sleepy pls bring D/W

Custom Title
    C/B have only been together for less than 2 years I think. Give them some time. If they continue to progress at the same rate, they'll be a real force in the next quad. But yes, Chock's twizzles have never been that great.

The Reeds really have improved--their edges are so much sharper and their speed really is much better than it used to be.

B/L are sort of generic Russian.

Really nice lift from the French, but (sign) more hoe down music. Who decided that polka=hoe down or Mary Poppins? It's driven me nuts all season.

Well this was the best C/J have ever skated.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    How is it possible that these dances seem so long.
    If something is dull and boring, it seems to go on forever.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast