Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

Tripping on the Podium
    I think it was one of the best Pairs Sp competition in years...a great night overall...I also believe that the current ranking is the correct one...still surprised about S/S showing...is any of them injured? At least for me, their program seems like years away from their "usual"...About D/R...I am just curios...how is it possible for a girl in pairs to land a fully rotated 3L, while so many girls in single are struggling with that jump...I don't understand B/L low score...ten points lower than at the GPF only because of the single jump?

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Kind of sad for S/S (yes, national-bias here) but on the other hand I really don't think this is their best season. Programs and Execution - they can do better. Much better. They won't win this obviously and I hope that they will find their form and hopefully much better programs in their next season. Hopefully the gap between them and V/T will be getting closer so there is some excitement in this still for the Olympics. With the gap getting bigger as it is now, this is unlikely though.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irina89 View Post
    I am just curios...how is it possible for a girl in pairs to land a fully rotated 3L, while so many girls in single are struggling with that jump...
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00005611.htm

Duhamel skated in singles at the international level placing 13th at Junior Worlds and 5th at Four Continents.

She has all the triples up to the lutz (and so does Radford).

I really hope they will risk 3flip/2toe/2toe in the FS next season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Talking about a costume is different than calling a person ugly. If someone told me my dress today is ugly I would be a bit upset I guess, but it would not be like they said you are the ugliest office person here.
    No, sweatheart, FF was checking out Alyona's buttcheeks, not her costume. Well, at least it means that she doesn't have the ugliest ones in the "office". Otherwise he wouldn't bother to check them out.

Custom Title
    ^^^ Look at Kawaguchi and Smirnov, they have ZERO chance of even a bronze. Infact, their own block are pulling against them to the point that I'd be surprised to even see them in SOchi.
    When I feel :drama: about results, I just think of 02, and not because of the SLC debacle, but because of the world chaps that came after. In spite of being revealed to the world as a politiking/bought the block sham in the Olympic games, the audacity of the judges to move onto worlds (Nagano?) a month later and buy the block for Chaitsaks, sellout out Drobiasko.....AND ditching Pettikhs in favour of Ina and Zimmerman!!! Two of the biggest robberies in the sport, at the same champs and only a month after the SLC scandal!!! :scream:

Then came 04 and Germany pulled out all the stocks buying Lindenmann a bronze (hilarious) and , it's almost difficult to type, Winkler and Lohse the Bronze with a veritable nursery rhyme of a Free dance. IIRC they should have been about 11th on the free. At least the sport has improved SLIGHTLY!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    You would wonder how many times V/T and the Germans would have to fall to be off the podium. What's the point of even doing elements if people are saying teams have far superior PCS that should entitle them to higher placements and "cushions" when they make errors.
    You do realize what an irony it is to hear about PCS cushions from CanadianSkaterGuy?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00005611.htm

Duhamel skated in singles at the international level placing 13th at Junior Worlds and 5th at Four Continents.

She has all the triples up to the lutz (and so does Radford).

I really hope they will risk 3flip/2toe/2toe in the FS next season.
    Yup, she came 5th at 4CC, even landing a 2A-3T! It's too bad that even with higher technical content they're still held back on PCS (or rather, the Russians and Germans are given high PCS regardless of what they do).

I also don't understand why people are saying there was a Canadian block to guarantee their current placements. Both teams skated well, and skated technically the best of the field.

Banned
    B/L were lowballed in PCS
    looking more at 2 Canadians in the podium with D/H getting silver and MT/M gets the bronze if S/S makes more mistakes

Banned
    Congrats on such a high level of skating, especially by the Canadian pairs!

This is ridiculous. This is supposed to be the technical program. There was an error on the SBS for V/T (with a +1 GOE from one judge!?!) and a perfectly executed program by D/R (and MT-M) with SBS 3-lutzes.

To put it in perspective, this was a personal best for V/T. So, they've never performed a better SP, even with the error?! And for those saying the Germans were robbed on PCS and should have had higher PCS to put them ahead of D/R, this is why figure skating is getting such flack.

You would wonder how many times V/T and the Germans would have to fall to be off the podium. What's the point of even doing elements if people are saying teams have far superior PCS that should entitle them to higher placements and "cushions" when they make errors.
    you realize Canada has a Pairs judge and Tech Controller right ? talk about the pot calling keetle black
    D/H were assured of a podium no matter how they will skate same for Chan and V/M who are locks for Gold medals

Rinkside
    as much as i like seeing a canadian in the top 3 so far....D/R really annoying me whenever they are in the kiss & cry. ugh >< maybe this is why i prefer MT/M. so much more humble.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Haven't you read the warning below? Unless the green light for talks about skaters' appearance depends on the country they represent.
    And look who is talking.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    You do realize what an irony it is to hear about PCS cushions from CanadianSkaterGuy?
    Hah, I'm not saying it as a Canadian. I'm saying it as somebody who would like to see teams that make errors be accountable for those errors in the marks and not held up by PCS. Especially over teams that technically outperform them.

Again, for V/T to get a personal best after what was obviously not the best SP they've ever skated is ridiculous. I actually thought that pairs would come down to who was the cleanest, so hopefully the FS holds the teams to that. I would hate for D/R to skate clean with V/T making major errors and still place behind them.

The good news is that V/T have always been strong freeskaters and now don't have to worry about playing catch up. I don't mind if they blow out the other teams, but I would hope it's because of a clean skate and not because they're just seen as better skaters (which I don't doubt they are).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    B/L were lowballed in PCS
    looking more at 2 Canadians in the podium with D/H getting silver and MT/M gets the bronze if S/S makes more mistakes
    Don't think so. Anyway if Mt/M have chance on bronze so do K/S.

Banned
    Hah, I'm not saying it as a Canadian. I'm saying it as somebody who would like to see teams that make errors be accountable for those errors in the marks and not held up by PCS. Especially over teams that technically outperform them.

Again, for V/T to get a personal best after what was obviously not the best SP they've ever skated is ridiculous. I actually thought that pairs would come down to who was the cleanest, so hopefully the FS holds the teams to that. I would hate for D/R to skate clean with V/T making major errors and still place behind them.
    what major error did they got ? a tilted throw but the landing was good
    and yes its their best SP because there wasnt a two footed landing
    S/S were a bit lowballed they were closer to D/R in PCS which is beyond wrong

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by katia View Post
    Don't think so. Anyway if Mt/M have chance on bronze so do K/S.
    I think Mt/M are off the podium barring complete disaster for S/S. Judges showed today they will hold the Germans up.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast