Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread: 2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

Custom Title
    Good to see solid skating from D/R --- I understand the 'thrill of victory' moment following a well executed program, but must she jump around and fist pump like that? It is simply undignified. She could take a nod from the classy and elegant Radford. I admire her determination- she has always had fight in her. She's spunky alright. I don't like spunk.

Hope V/T win.

Custom Title
    I "like" MTM and S/S and V/T better than Duhamel Radford. I wish Duhamel would tone it down when done but small mercies she waits until she's done. Last year I was afraid she would destroy that last 30 seconds of her free skate at Canadians because she could barely control the celebrating enough to finish the program.

For me D/R were scored very fairly over S/S. S/S are more refined, but their speed has suffered. I know D/R look mismatched but their blades were quiet, their knees were soft and they had good speed while tracking each other well. As impressive as D/R were in the short program, their lying in second is down to S/S. Empty program, not the speed they should have given their abilities, not the sharpness on some of the elements. D/R leave little room for an underperforming better team to hold their place over them. Their 3 twist was stellar. Their spins were fast and in sync. Lots of transitions. SBS lutzes. You can't simply prevail due to better skating skills if you're not using them to execute a competitive program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    ETA: Oh, just an annoying thing that's been bugging me all season... How often do you suppose both Tracy and PJ have seen D/R's SP ..yet still they keep announcing their music as being from the opera La Boheme .. Don't they pay any attention ?
    Last year the Euro sport guys wondered which of Henry's 8 wives Kirsten was skating. They were skating to Henry V.

Edgy Details
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    V/T and B/L were the only elegant beauties on the ice. Sad that BazLar made a mistakes, she is probably still recovering.

All the rest were just either a set of elements more, or less or the clownish showcases.
    Huh??
    That is just wrong...

Custom Title
    good job all. Good luck tomorrow.I

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24