2013 Worlds - Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

tulosai

Record Breaker
I love S/H's death spiral entrance. How his leg comes up over her body is amazing.

Too bad about that hard fall.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN)

Music: Historia de un amor by Carlos E. Almaran performed by Richard Clayderman
Ballade pour Adeline by Richard Clayderman

3Tw
3T - she falls hard, looked <<
3FTh - very nice
BoDs
FCCoSp - unison good
StSq
Li

They're still adorable!

She made a big mistake on the toe loop, but the other elements looked fine. Choreo a bit more mature, but they did seem to hold back - understandbly because lack of comp.

She has grown, seems taller and lankier (less that a head shorter than him)

SP: 31.67 + 26.98 - 1.00 = 57.65
In 1st (out of 2)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER)

Music: The Messiah Will Come Again by Gary Moore

2Tw
3T - he has hand down
Li
3STh
StSq
... he has a freak fall and drags her down...
BoDs
FCCoSp

Shame about the two falls. I don't like the music, and they could use more expression.

SP: 25.97 + 23.39 - 2.00 = 47.36
In 2nd (out of 3)

tulosai

Record Breaker
A well known financial advisors has said that once you start thinking that something like five dollars is nothing you have lost a necessary respect for money.

Agreed, and also you have to keep in mind everything is individual. If someone eats out every day and spends $12 or more on their average lunch, ok, probably they can spring $12 if they really wanted to. Some people are not in that position. It is really naive to think they are, be they in Vietnam or the USA or France. There are people who do watch every cent that goes in and out, and that have to. I am not really one of those people, I will not lie. However, I am trying to get out from under student loan debt and do watch every cent I spend. At this time, I would not spend $12 to watch one figure skating competition even if it is worlds. I do not eat out ever. I have not purchased any new clothing in almost a year. It's a matter of priorities and mine is to be out of debt. The expendable income I have I try to put toward that and toward one yearly vacation. I don't think that makes me a casual viewer of figure skating, it just means watching it live (while a priority of mine, actually) is not something I feel comfortable spending extra money to do right now. And I think that is valid.

oooo V/vC fell on the step sequenz .. what a shame....

They fell after the step sequence has finished.

They skated the program extremely well and I don't understand the marks at all. I guess the protocols will explain it more.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Agreed, and also you have to keep in mind everything is individual. If someone eats out every day and spends $12 or more on their average lunch, ok, probably they can spring $12 if they really wanted to. Some people are not in that position. It is really naive to think they are, be they in Vietnam or the USA or France. There are people who do watch every cent that goes in and out, and that have to. I am not really one of those people, I will not lie. However, I am trying to get out from under student loan debt and do watch every cent I spend. At this time, I would not spend $12 to watch one figure skating competition even if it is worlds. I do not eat out ever. I have not purchased any new clothing in almost a year. It's a matter of priorities and mine is to be out of debt. The expendable income I have I try to put toward that and toward one yearly vacation. I don't think that makes me a casual viewer of figure skating, it just means watching it live (while a priority of mine, actually) is not something I feel comfortable spending extra money to do right now. And I think that is valid.

Absolutely. I may have to watch every penny, but on the other hand, I don't owe anyone anything, not even one cent. You're doing the smart thing and it will pay off handsomely.

It is a shame--I thought she had some nice crispness to her skating. But there are so many really wonderful solo guitar pieces that are SO MUCH BETTER. Why are skaters and coaches so unadventurous when it comes to music????!!!

That is all very commendable but I highly doubt that there are a lot of people like you out there.

12$ is like two or three Starbucks coffees isn't it? And little 'pleasures' like this is something most people allow themselves every now and then (or every day ;P).

And when I said 'watch casually' what I meant was 'not watch the actual competition live and only watch Asada, Kim and the skater from their own country on YT later.' ;)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR (USA)

Music: Stray Cat Strut by Brian Setzer Orchestra; Pink Panther by Henry Mancini

3Tw
3S - he falls
FCCoSp - unison off
3STh - big, but slightly hesitant landing
StSq
Li
BoDs

Not perfect. He fell on the salchow - not surprising - the the sbs spins were not totally in unison.

SP: 29.62 + 27.06 - 1.00 = 55.68
In 2nd (out of 4)

tulosai

Record Breaker
That is all very commendable but I highly doubt that there are a lot of people like you out there.

12$ is like two or three Starbucks coffees isn't it? And little 'pleasures' like this is something most people allow themselves every now and then (or every day ;P).

And when I said 'watch casually' what I meant was 'not watch the actual competition live and only watch Asada, Kim and the skater from their own country on YT later.' ;)

That is fair enough too. I am not meaning to rag on you in particular. For what it's worth I also think Starbucks is evil haha but you are probably right and not everyone is like me. However I think there may be more people at least sort of like me than you think.

As to the casual viewer thing, if that is what you meant I totally agree. Those people do blow my mind too especially when they focus mostly only on one skater and seem not to have seen any others... and yet insist theirs is the only right opinion... it is too weird.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR (USA)

Music: Stray Cat Strut by Brian Setzer Orchestra; Pink Panther by Henry Mancini

3Tw
3S - he falls
FCCoSp - unison off
3STh - big, but slightly hesitant landing
StSq
Li
BoDs

Not perfect. He fell on the salchow - not surprising - the the sbs spins were not totally in unison.

SP: 29.62 + 27.06 - 1.00 = 55.68
In 2nd (out of 4)

Really too bad from them. I've seen them do much better and hoped they could here.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Good for you! I totally felt your pain of paying off student debt. I finally paid it off a few years ago and it feels so freeing to not have to put money toward that anymore.

For me, I already subscribe to Ice Network, so I'm not going to go out of my way to pay more -- rather just wait until IN has the streaming rights again and make do with free streams and YouTube videos.